Team-BHP - Maruti 800 - Technical Specifications & Feature List
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Maruti 800 - Technical Specifications & Feature List (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/99827-maruti-800-technical-specifications-feature-list.html)

Maruti 800 - Technical Specifications & Feature List

Team-BHP will now be uploading the full feature list and technical specifications of each car sold in India. This information isn't readily available; even manufacturer websites sometimes don't present all the data (intentionally), while the fancy formats they use make for poor readability. Then, we have some manufacturers who tend to confuse you by listing a glovebox as a feature!! Lastly, the official websites don't follow any standard display order as such, which can make comparisons across cars very difficult.

Team-BHP will follow a standard, easy-to-refer-to format across all Indian cars. With time, this data will be transferred to an interactive website section.

IMP : Please list out any errors in the following sheet; your contribution will greatly help the community, other BHPians & guests. You can point out corrections on this thread itself. Thank you!

Maruti 800 - Technical Specifications & Feature List-800spec01.jpg

Maruti 800 - Technical Specifications & Feature List-800feat01.jpg

You have mentioned Maruti 800 has engine immobilizer. But my 800 AC which was 2003 June model does not have.

Could you please mention when it was introduced engine immobilizer in 800?

For the period of time there are many enhancements in the car. Without specific date readers will confuse about their car features.

EDIT: One more feature Fold-down rear seats, I think this is present in 800. I used to fold down to make way for goods from rear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anujmishra (Post 2317941)
Could you please mention when it was introduced engine immobilizer in 800?

Maruti introduced it to all its cars in 2007.

Quote:

One more feature Fold-down rear seats I think this is present in 800.
Thanks. Added to the list.

My 1986 Maruti 800 has a single leaf spring rear suspension with shock absorber not the coil spring suspension and no immobiliser.

Wow! Looking at the chart makes one realize how M800 is the simplest and most basic a modern car can ever get!

By the way, could you mention the cities M800 is eligible to be sold in? IIRC, it is not on sale in the metros and would be off the market in Tier-2 cities by 2015, right?

PS : Isn't the fold-down feature there in every 800? We had a '96 model and the rear seats could be folded down. Since it was a Std. 800, the entire rear seat was 1 block so the whole thing came down. The A/c variant had the 1:2 rear seats.

I am uploading e-brochure and price list of Maruti 800. This will help members/guests to find all info at same place.

Ex-Showroom Prices for Gurgaon (Haryana)

M800 A/C LPG Rs. 235098.87
M800 STD LPG Rs. 212924.90
MARUTI 800 MPI BS III STD Rs. 198343.54

Sometimes owner's manual as soft-copy proves to be very useful.

Please download the owner’s manual of Maruti 800 in PDF format

The M800 is a great car for its price.
Once 6 of us, all adults & 3 of them quite"healthy", drove from Delhi to bareilly(abt 250kms one way) for a function, stopped at bareilly for only 1/2 hr, & then drove back to Delhi.The highway surface was iffy, most of the time going thru the small UP village/towns.
Tho the car had only a 1/2 hr rest, she performed just fine, no probs at all.