Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2011, 23:24   #1501
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfff View Post

Going for 5k service on Saturday, will inquire with Hans Hyundai in Delhi and update here.

On another note, what psi is everyone filling up their tyres? My car came with 40 PSI from the showroom but have been filling up to 36 PSI, slightly better ride now. At 40 PSI, there was slight intrusion when going over speed bumps but at 36 the car feels better.
32 PSI for me too. The ride feels plush. Although I did take it up to 40 once and guess what!!! The FE jumped by 4-5 kmpl! It was close to 19 but mind you, this is in a VTVT. Ride was bouncy at 40 psi. Take it down to 32. Thats the recommended pressure for all loads.
Old 30th November 2011, 11:34   #1502
BHPian

Have been looking to purchase the petrol Verna, but was put off by the long waiting periods quoted by dealers, so far, even for Petrol.

I called a few dealers in Mumbai and all claimed waiting period of 3-4 weeks for the Petrol. But, in the same breadth tell me that white and silver colours are available off the shelf. Other colours might take 3-4 weeks, but expect delivery sooner.

My point is that dealers are ensuring that the illusion of long waiting periods, continues for as long as possible, to avoid discounts.

I might be booking a white 1.6 VTVT SX, as soon as I can dispose off my older Getz at a decent price. I was hoping for atleast year-end discounts.
Old 30th November 2011, 11:40   #1503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
The 2nd service is at 10k or 12 months which ever is earlier. I maintain company recommened 32 psi & I am ok with it.

Thanks
For the CRDi:
1st Service at 2 months or 2000 kms (whicherver is earlier)
2nd Service at 6 months or 10000 kms (whicherver is earlier)
3rd Service at 12 months or 20000 kms (whicherver is earlier)

Mine just completed 9000 and 6 months. So planning a service this weekend.
Old 30th November 2011, 15:02   #1504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitchhabra View Post
For the CRDi:
1st Service at 2 months or 2000 kms (whicherver is earlier)
2nd Service at 6 months or 10000 kms (whicherver is earlier)
3rd Service at 12 months or 20000 kms (whicherver is earlier)

Mine just completed 9000 and 6 months. So planning a service this weekend.
There's a lot of different versions floating around here. So I checked the manual.

For the CRDi Unit:

1 Service - 1500km / 2 months (Whichever is Earlier)
2 Service - 10000km/12 months (" ")
3 Service - 20000km/24 months (" ")
4 Service - 30000km/36 months (" ")

So on and so forth.. There are 8 listed services in the manual.

Hope this helps.

Tassem.
Old 30th November 2011, 15:32   #1505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
There's a lot of different versions floating around here. So I checked the manual.

For the CRDi Unit:

1 Service - 1500km / 2 months (Whichever is Earlier)
2 Service - 10000km/12 months (" ")
3 Service - 20000km/24 months (" ")
4 Service - 30000km/36 months (" ")

So on and so forth.. There are 8 listed services in the manual.

Hope this helps.

Tassem.
Well.. I don't have the manual but I take your word for it..

But I got a sticker on the windshield of my CRDi after the first service, which says next service due on 27/11 or 10xxx kms whichever is earlier, which is 6 months from date of purchase.

Even for my 2009 CRDi Verna, the second service was due after 6 months and third after 12 months.

Please correct me if I'm wrong..
Old 30th November 2011, 16:02   #1506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitchhabra View Post
Well.. I don't have the manual but I take your word for it..

But I got a sticker on the windshield of my CRDi after the first service, which says next service due on 27/11 or 10xxx kms whichever is earlier, which is 6 months from date of purchase.

Even for my 2009 CRDi Verna, the second service was due after 6 months and third after 12 months.

Please correct me if I'm wrong..
I'm not sure why they're marked a 6 month interval. The sticker they put up inside the glovebox at my first service has a one year interval marked on it. But he hasn't mentioned the km. However, as long as the manual is adhered to, everything should be good.

Though its a good practice to change oil every 5-7.5k, its again debatable and depends entirely on the driving conditions.
Old 1st December 2011, 13:42   #1507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
32 PSI for me too. The ride feels plush. Although I did take it up to 40 once and guess what!!! The FE jumped by 4-5 kmpl! It was close to 19 but mind you, this is in a VTVT. Ride was bouncy at 40 psi. Take it down to 32. Thats the recommended pressure for all loads.
Have taken it to 32 now, its much better. At 36, I could still feel small undulations but 32 psi is much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
Have been looking to purchase the petrol Verna, but was put off by the long waiting periods quoted by dealers, so far, even for Petrol.

I called a few dealers in Mumbai and all claimed waiting period of 3-4 weeks for the Petrol. But, in the same breadth tell me that white and silver colours are available off the shelf. Other colours might take 3-4 weeks, but expect delivery sooner.

My point is that dealers are ensuring that the illusion of long waiting periods, continues for as long as possible, to avoid discounts.

I might be booking a white 1.6 VTVT SX, as soon as I can dispose off my older Getz at a decent price. I was hoping for atleast year-end discounts.
Since this is the first year, I do not think there will be any discounts on a car that is doing pretty well. You could look towards the blue oval for some cool deals all year deals though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
I'm not sure why they're marked a 6 month interval. The sticker they put up inside the glovebox at my first service has a one year interval marked on it. But he hasn't mentioned the km. However, as long as the manual is adhered to, everything should be good.

Though its a good practice to change oil every 5-7.5k, its again debatable and depends entirely on the driving conditions.
Did double check the manual and the next service is at 9-10k, not 5k that I thought earlier. I disagree however that modern engine oils should be changed every 5k kilometers. The should be able to last 10k as recommended by the car companies.
Old 7th December 2011, 10:11   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Since this is the first year, I do not think there will be any discounts on a car that is doing pretty well. You could look towards the blue oval for some cool deals all year deals though
Looks like I am in luck. Just saw an ad about Hyundai December delights, Rs.15,000 exchange/ loyalty bonus for the Fluidic Verna Petrol effective till 27 Dec 2011
Old 7th December 2011, 15:21   #1509
BHPian

Quote:

Trust me, the back seat discomfort is overrated. A softly sprung car will always have a few advantages. There is adequate legroom (We are 3 brothers, all over 6' tall) for tall people. Some people have a slight issue with the narrow rear windows, but the majority do not. And the rear seats of a Swift are much more claustrophobic compared to a Verna, trust me I own both!
Thanks man..this really helps a lot...
Old 7th December 2011, 23:15   #1510
BHPian

Hi

Has any body tried premium diesel in the new fuidic Verna CRDI which is approx Rs 5/- costlier than the ordinary diesel. If yes please inform is it worth spending Rs 5/- per lit extra( i.e 11% more)?

General belief is that it increases the FE & smoothens the engine. But I think it is more of a marketting gimmic by the oil companies than any thing else, but just feel it might have slight advantage.

I always use ordinary diesel & get an actual FE 1.5 kmpl less than the MID FE. Could the difference be bridged by premium diesel?

Thanks
Old 7th December 2011, 23:58   #1511
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Almost all manufacturers advise to stay away from premium Diesel/Diesel additives for CRDI engines. Diesel with additives damages Injectors and other delicate CRDI pump hardware.
Old 8th December 2011, 20:13   #1512
BHPian

Have anybody got the pics of base fluidic Verna 1.4 VTVT/CRDi Interiors ??
If someone have seen or got them, do post it here ASAP.

Btw, Recently I've also came across the news that Honda have won the court case against Hyundai, which they've filed for copying Design elements of their 'City', later on which are incorporated in designing the new Verna fluidic car.
How much of it is true ??

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 8th December 2011 at 20:15. Reason: Text editing
Old 8th December 2011, 20:24   #1513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Have anybody got the pics of base fluidic Verna 1.4 VTVT/CRDi Interiors ??
If someone have seen or got them, do post it here ASAP.

Btw, Recently I've also came across the news that Honda have won the court case against Hyundai, which they've filed for copying Design elements of their 'City', later on which are incorporated in designing the new Verna fluidic car.
How much of it is true ??
Can you share the link to source of the honda case against hyundai, when did honda file a case??

-Sajan
Old 8th December 2011, 21:31   #1514
Senior - BHPian

I would also like to get a review of the 1.4 CRDI if anyone is owning the same.

Could not get much of a detailed comparison with the 1.6 CRDI in terms of performance.
Old 8th December 2011, 22:09   #1515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Can you share the link to source of the honda case against hyundai, when did honda file a case??
Even I've heard of it only.
Most of the local car dealers other brands are having gossip on this issue on their mouths.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks