Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2011, 10:45   #1516
RGP
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Have anybody got the pics of base fluidic Verna 1.4 VTVT/CRDi Interiors ??
November issue of Overdrive had a comparo of Verna 1.4 VTVT with Nissan Sunny and some other car. I think there is at least one interior shot of each car in the report.
Old 9th December 2011, 15:40   #1517
BHPian

Hey Guys,

Congrats to all the Verna buyers.

I have been waiting for mine for over 6 months now. Booked the 1.6 SX CRDI vehicle with Hilton Motors, Trivandrum early June. Got a call from them last month telling me the vehicle has been assigned and I need to make the payment. I made the payment as requested & I was promised delivery before 30th Nov. Still have not got my car.

Is anyone aware of any truck strike in their Chennai plant causing delay in delivery? That is the reason they are giving for the delay. They are unable to give me a proper date. Can do nothing but wait. Looking forward to post a full ownership review once I get the vehicle.

Good Day!!!
Old 11th December 2011, 14:03   #1518
BHPian

Hi All,

Since I live in a small town now, there are only two fuidic Vernas as on date. Mine was the first one. I have ordered for a seat cover with a local dealer @ 3.8 K of Roma make. The material has been received by the dealer. Today being Sunday, I had visited the dealer for fixing the seat cover. The mechanic has no experience of Verna Fluidic. He could not manage to remove the rear back rest. Sensing that he is experimenting on my car, I stopped him immedietly & came back home.

Can any body inform me how the rear back rest is removed?

Thanks
Old 11th December 2011, 14:11   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi All,

Since I live in a small town now, there are only two fuidic Vernas as on date. Mine was the first one. I have ordered for a seat cover with a local dealer @ 3.8 K of Roma make. The material has been received by the dealer. Today being Sunday, I had visited the dealer for fixing the seat cover. The mechanic has no experience of Verna Fluidic. He could not manage to remove the rear back rest. Sensing that he is experimenting on my car, I stopped him immedietly & came back home.

Thanks
Hi Chitta,

I suggest to take your car to Balasore / cuttack /BBSR Hyundai A*S*S.
I think the mechanic in above places should be more experience then Baripada.

OFF Topic :- You refreshed my memory, my college days.
I was a student of MPC college.
Old 11th December 2011, 14:27   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks
The Backseat rest is pulled out atleast 2-3 inches .. then it pops out a little following which you need to lift it a couple of inches and then take it out .. it's actually quite simple .. to my knowledge there are no screws that you need to unscrew ..

BTW, it's raining Vernas now in Hyderabad ... My Apartment complex itself now has around 8-9 vernas !!!
Old 11th December 2011, 18:06   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Hi Chitta,

I suggest to take your car to Balasore / cuttack /BBSR Hyundai A*S*S.
I think the mechanic in above places should be more experience then Baripada.

OFF Topic :- You refreshed my memory, my college days.
I was a student of MPC college.
Thanks for your suggestion. As you might be knowing, here Verna's seat cover are available only on order basis. Since I had placed the order, it is my moral responsibility to purchase the cover from the shop. The owner too is very well known to me. Thus I can not take a stand that the seat cover fixing responsibility is his. In the worst case, I have to purchase the cover & get it fixed at Bhubanesswar/Cuttack & will deduct the fitting charges while making final payment of the seat cover.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkishya View Post
The Backseat rest is pulled out atleast 2-3 inches .. then it pops out a little following which you need to lift it a couple of inches and then take it out .. it's actually quite simple .. to my knowledge there are no screws that you need to unscrew ..

BTW, it's raining Vernas now in Hyderabad ... My Apartment complex itself now has around 8-9 vernas !!!
Let me try it myself & see if I can remove the back rest. Thanks for your response.

Verna's are a hot cake now & it deserves to be so. It my last long trip to Kolkata & back, it returned an amazing FE of 20.6 kmpl . Of course, I excercised restraint & maintained a speed of round about 100 kmph most of the times. Power is awesome & the car reaches 140-150 kmph very easily, full of gizmoes, good looks specially from the back, modern looking interiors, Hyundai *** etc. etc. What else one require from a car of this budget.

Enjoy your Verna.

Cheers

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 12th December 2011 at 15:13. Reason: posts merged
Old 14th December 2011, 15:22   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
The 2nd service is at 10k or 12 months which ever is earlier. I maintain company recommened 32 psi & I am ok with it.

Thanks
I get the front with 32 and back 30 for my CRDi 2008 Verna is this recommended? Sorry for going off-topic here

-Sajan
Old 14th December 2011, 21:44   #1523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
I get the front with 32 and back 30 for my CRDi 2008 Verna is this recommended? Sorry for going off-topic here

-Sajan
More the tyre pressre more the FE & vice versa since higher pressure reduces the rolling resistance. But tyre pressure & ride quality are inversely proportional. If you are satisfied with the FE & ride quality for both front and rear passangers, I do n't think maintaining a different pressure for front/rear tyres will pose any problem.

Others may chip in with their opinion.

Cheers
Old 14th December 2011, 22:18   #1524
BHPian

A little
Can anyone tell me if its possible to put a touch screen HU in the new Verna?? My friend who is going to book one soon wants to know, this info will help me too because i have nearly decided on the Verna my self! If the answer is yes then can we also get the steering controls connected to the HU? I am a noob in these things so any help will be greatly appreciated!

thanks!
Old 14th December 2011, 23:02   #1525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
A little
Can anyone tell me if its possible to put a touch screen HU in the new Verna?? My friend who is going to book one soon wants to know, this info will help me too because i have nearly decided on the Verna my self! If the answer is yes then can we also get the steering controls connected to the HU? I am a noob in these things so any help will be greatly appreciated!

thanks!

I don't know about fitting a 2 din HU in the new Verna. But i am sure that you can maintain the steering controls perfectly fine. You can get a Hyundai - Pioneer or Hyundai - JVC interface. I have a Hyundai - Pioneer one in my car and the steering controls work just like before.
Kimified is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 14:39   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
A little

thanks!
The touchscreen units for the Verna are out already and is easily available online. Ebay.in has one model listed for 28k. Has GPS/DVD/BT etc. The usual.

Search for 2012 Accent or Solaris and you will get what you're looking for.
Tassem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2011, 15:07   #1527
BHPian

@ Tassem Looks like some Chinese product which i am not quite interested in! But looking at the current 2 DIN setup of the Verna it seems that i would need a fascia adapter if i want to put in a pioneer or a Kenwood system. The current one doesn't seem to be a standard 2 DIN system,it has a slight trapezoid kind of shape! Will have to ask the Hyundai guys if they have a Standard 2-DIN adapter.

If anyone knows someone who has managed to put an aftermarket touch screen HU then please post the details, will be of great help

Thanks!
Old 15th December 2011, 15:23   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
@ Tassem Looks like some Chinese product which i am not quite interested in! But looking at the current 2 DIN setup of the Verna it seems that i would need a fascia adapter if i want to put in a pioneer or a Kenwood system. The current one doesn't seem to be a standard 2 DIN system,it has a slight trapezoid kind of shape! Will have to ask the Hyundai guys if they have a Standard 2-DIN adapter.

If anyone knows someone who has managed to put an aftermarket touch screen HU then please post the details, will be of great help

Thanks!
Lol, when was the last time you saw anything that wasn't manufactured in China? I think the days of when chinese products did not meet quality standards are long gone. These guys can make a great product if they put their minds to it.

Almost if not all aftermarket 2 DIN touch units will be made in China. So you will have to come to terms with it sooner or later.

As for the 2 DIN fascia, its available. Check AliExpress/Ebay. Again, it will be chinese.
Old 15th December 2011, 15:42   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Lol, when was the last time you saw anything that wasn't manufactured in China? I think the days of when chinese products did not meet quality standards are long gone. These guys can make a great product if they put their minds to it.

Almost if not all aftermarket 2 DIN touch units will be made in China. So you will have to come to terms with it sooner or later.
I know everything is made in china but you get certain quality with certain manufactures! I am not saying that these unbranded(?) Chinese company
HU are useless but they dont stack up to the Kenwood, pioneers(All made in china !) of the world in SQ. Though these Chinese ones have great features!
I would prefer a good company like Kenwood or pioneer, i hope you understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
As for the 2 DIN fascia, its available. Check AliExpress/Ebay. Again, it will be chinese.
It seems that they dont have that faux wood finish adapters!, only the silver finish ones.

Thanks alot though!
Old 15th December 2011, 15:49   #1530
BHPian

Quote:
I know everything is made in china but you get certain quality with certain manufactures! I am not saying that these unbranded(?) Chinese company
HU are useless but they dont stack up to the Kenwood, pioneers(All made in china !) of the world in SQ. Though these Chinese ones have great features!
I would prefer a good company like Kenwood or pioneer, i hope you understand.
I know what you mean. If you can live without the touch screen, I would suggest just get an amp and all around component setup with a sub. This is what I did and it sounds great! Plus you don't lose any functionality. Only thing missing was a GPS. But that can be fixed with a stand alone unit if you prefer.

Quote:
It seems that they dont have that faux wood finish adapters!, only the silver finish ones.

Thanks alot though!
That's true. But it matches the trim around the gear knob. To be honest I prefer the silver to faux wood. The only gripe is that scratches will show more in silver than in the faux wood trim.
Tassem is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks