Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 17:26   #226
Senior - BHPian

Got a verbal intimation of the 1.6D auto around 11.5 on road in bangalore

Also confirmed no touch screen audio system nor any navigation system

Last edited by .anshuman : 2nd May 2011 at 18:17. Reason: Back to back posts within 30mins. Please use edit button if posting again within 30 mins. Thanks
iceman91 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:11   #227
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
The current Verna 1.5D AT costs 11.1+L OTR, so the difference is < 0.4L. Too good to believe; if true, it's gonna kill competition for sure.

Last edited by sith_lord : 2nd May 2011 at 18:20.
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:13   #228
Senior - BHPian

Exactly it's little too good to be true
Especially with the extra features offered
Well next week it will all be cleared
I booked one
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:21   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Exactly it's little too good to be true
Especially with the extra features offered
Well next week it will all be cleared
I booked one
Congratulations. What exactly lured you into it. I am smitten by verna crdi's thrust and smooth silent drive on highway and hence booked it many days back. Hope, ANHV doesnt disappoint me on this aspect.
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:27   #230
BHPian

A navigation system would have been great. 11.5 on road for the 1.6D auto. So what would the 1.6D manual be? I have the older 1.5D Verna. But the 128 ps of the new one and its looks is seriously making me consider whether I should get that. Had recently made fun of a colleague when he sold his old Wagon R to buy the new one. And now I'm planning on selling the old Verna for the new one!

Does anyone have any idea on tax issues on using out of station vehicles in Bangalore for a long time (6 months and above). My understanding is that there may be some relaxation on that rule and now you can use out of station vehicles for as long as you wish, without any hassles. If that is the case, would definitely source my next car from another state with a lower tax regime. Please enlighten if anyone has any substantial proof about this seemingly unlikely relaxation.
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:27   #231
BHPian

Zappo,

Just came across a Motoroids article (Features comparison: New Verna Vs City Vs SX4 Vs Vento) which mentions there is no "Height adjustable Driver's seat" even in Verna SX (O) AT. This is a big disappointment! Is this true?
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:37   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
Now we are talking about AC effectiveness & rear seat comfort! My friend owns a Santro XL model(2006) and he never found any issues with the AC when discussed with him.

I have seen people, who love to wear blankets/sweaters or wrap them up, sitting inside a AC room/car but will never shut off the AC or change the temperature to a comfortable level.
. Probably I may be out of context regarding the effectiveness of Hyundai's ACs, but, I feel that this thing is blown out of proportion. Let me put my own example - I have a 2003 Santro Xing XG model, without any tints, & yesterday, we were 5 of us (fully grown up adults) travelling in NCR.

The temperature was hovering over 40 degrees in NCR, & I had the AC at full blower speed. Believe me I was driving & also feeling cold, but, did not slow down the AC to ensure that others were comfortable. None complained about ACs effectiveness & infact. I am now feeling feverish (since the morning) due to sudden exposure to heat & cold because of coming out & entering the car during the daytime.

Sometimes I do feel that the ACs problem could be more because of the humidity in the city your living (the coastal cities) rather than hot temperatures outside. Further, you can get good tints, at a cost obviously, not dead cheap, that offer better heat rejection.

But, I cannot discount the ACs problem with i20 that Hyundai had & had to fix those later.
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:46   #233
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Also confirmed no touch screen audio system nor any navigation system
If that proves true then I will be pretty close to my estimate of 10.5 lakhs ex-showroom, give and take a few grands here or there, for the top end. Hyundai will not want to price it any higher than that. Remember, anything higher and Hyundai will start venturing dangerously close to the Cruze, Civic segment of cars. And that is something I do not think they would want to do as yet.

Hyundai knows how to stay relevant and they are going to compete in the City, Vento and the upcoming Rapid territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu99@gmail.co View Post
Zappo,

Just came across a Motoroids article (Features comparison: New Verna Vs City Vs SX4 Vs Vento) which mentions there is no "Height adjustable Driver's seat" even in Verna SX (O) AT. This is a big disappointment! Is this true?
That is not correct. I myself tried the adjuster and it works. However, what they have actually is a kind of tilt adjustement for the base of the seat to give you a sense of change in height. The change in height does not happen by a big margin though.

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd May 2011 at 18:47.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:50   #234
Senior - BHPian

Nothing needed a new car heard it was good so went and booked it
Saw the review and am happy seems a good car
Old 2nd May 2011, 18:58   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
If that proves true then I will be pretty close to my estimate of 10.5 lakhs ex-showroom, give and take a few grands here or there, for the top end.
For an OTR of around 11.5L in KA, ex show room price must be in the 9.6-9.7L range. Further, any price over 10L attracts an additional 3.5% on the road tax. So any price of >= 10L ex showroom will not be taken kindly in Bangalore for C segment cars.

Last edited by sith_lord : 2nd May 2011 at 19:05.
Old 2nd May 2011, 19:16   #236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
For an OTR of around 11.5L in KA, ex show room price must be in the 9.6-9.7L range. Further, any price over 10L attracts an additional 3.5% on the road tax. So any price of >= 10L ex showroom will not be taken kindly in Bangalore for C segment cars.
I did not know about this last bit on 3.5% additional tax. So my general calculation was based on avg taxes across the country. And 10.5 lakhs for the top end should make it around 11.7 or lakhs in most places. Yes, Bangalore will have to shell out more in that case.

However, I think to expect anything less than 10.5 lakhs for the top end (1.6D with a slushbox) will be a little too optimistic though i would love to see that happen! The major fun though will be the 1.6D manual with the 6-speeder. That's what most will hanker for. And if Hyundai sells the auto tranny for 10.5 lakhs then one can expect the manual to cost around 9.8 lakhs or so. Ahaa! The fun begins...

Last edited by Zappo : 2nd May 2011 at 19:18.
Old 2nd May 2011, 20:14   #237
Senior - BHPian

The Verna Transform SX is priced at 8.8L ex showroom here at Coimbatore, so a 9.8L price for the New Verna SX seems believable. (Both are for manual transmissions)
Old 2nd May 2011, 20:29   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
The under-seat vents only work when flow is directed to the feet from the dash controls. Of course, I completely agree with you though, neither of these makes a damn difference to the cooling I just ensure both are blocked and whatever little cool air I'm being obliged with, is directed into the cabin and not at the feet or the glove compartment !!
Yeah. I too use it the same way. Keep it directed to the face from the dash control and shut out the glove box cooling. Having them ON will only make the cooling ineffective. But to be really frank, Its been 5 months since i got the i20 crdi and i have never really felt that the AC is inadequate. I keep the ACC to 20 degrees and it works pretty fine. I am not the kind of guy who wants it to be freezing inside the car anyway. Used to drive a swift before and maybe it was slightly better terms of cooling. Or, Maybe i don't face problems cause of Bangalore weather. Its May and it raining bonkers here
Old 2nd May 2011, 21:01   #239
BHPian

Wow! Had been waiting for the Verna review since ages & team-bhp never disappoints!
hyundai seems to have pulled off a show-stopper. I'd love to trade in my i20 for this car anyday. The camera display hidden in the RVM was way too classy. Though it makes me wonder what keeps stopping these manufacturers from integrating them using a nifty touchscreen central console with navigation. People would be willing to pay the price of course in a 10L+ sedan.

I don't really like the quirky purple color, but it may seem better in person. Personally, i preferred the original headlamps that're used in China on the Verna (called Accent there). The present ones bear way too much of a resemblance to their smaller cars, make the head-on view a little less impressive

Eagerly waiting to drive one myself
Old 2nd May 2011, 21:57   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I did not know about this last bit on 3.5% additional tax. So my general calculation was based on avg taxes across the country. And 10.5 lakhs for the top end should make it around 11.7 or lakhs in most places. Yes, Bangalore will have to shell out more in that case.

However, I think to expect anything less than 10.5 lakhs for the top end (1.6D with a slushbox) will be a little too optimistic though i would love to see that happen! The major fun though will be the 1.6D manual with the 6-speeder. That's what most will hanker for. And if Hyundai sells the auto tranny for 10.5 lakhs then one can expect the manual to cost around 9.8 lakhs or so. Ahaa! The fun begins...
Yes, @sith_lord is right. Bangalore has a road tax of 17.8% for cars whose ex-showroom price is above 10L. So a 10.5 ex would mean 12.37 OTR in Bangy!

Last edited by nileshch : 2nd May 2011 at 21:59. Reason: changed figures

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks