Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2015, 17:00   #2446
BHPian

Harjeev, faced the same issue of gears not engaging on a 100 km trip early morning once when Car had around 10 k on odo . But the problem vanished itself n never reappeared after another 10 k I have driven. Mine is first batch fluidic 1.6 crdi.

Last edited by ampere : 18th June 2015 at 17:10. Reason: Duplicate content removed
w8763 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 19:30   #2447
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Hello guys, has anyone installed an AVN system in the Verna?
My wife and myself saw the C Segment cars (Ciaz City Verna and Vento) and really liked the touchscreen of the Ciaz. I then called the Hyundai guy and asked if it was possible to fit something similar and he replied Yes. It would cost 40k (which is fine). Just wondering if any of you have got it installed (either from dealer or outside). Would be a of great help if you could throw some light.

Cheers !
Old 24th June 2015, 13:50   #2448
BHPian

Has anyone done black roof wrapping to a golden colour verna fluidic? Could you please share pics if you have?

I am planning to get it done, and there are various options available. some premium wrap, better than 3M is being quoted close to 10-12k including labour. Isn't this too steep?

Last edited by razorBlades : 24th June 2015 at 14:08.
Old 24th June 2015, 16:03   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
Has anyone done black roof wrapping to a golden colour verna fluidic? Could you please share pics if you have?

I am planning to get it done, and there are various options available. some premium wrap, better than 3M is being quoted close to 10-12k including labour. Isn't this too steep?
Definitely too steep. I don't think it is worth to spend such type of money on this.
I have a white Verna and got the wrap done at a local stickering/number plate shop. It cost me 1000 bucks and is still doing good through its second delhi summer.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2015, 10:30   #2450
Senior - BHPian

I'd posted this query sometime back and got some replies/ suggestions for the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
★★Query regarding Hyundai Verna's Gear Issues★★

Hi all
I have a 2013 model Hyundai Verna Fludic. The problem I'm facing since the past couple of months is that at times the gear lever becomes very hard & doesn't slot into the 1st / 2nd &/or Rev gears. ........
I don't mind spending the cash & changing the Clutch, but only if its required and necessary. While driving normally, I feel no loss of power like I would had I had a weak Clutch.
Pl Help/ Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
It used to happen on my Getz often, esp when engaging reverse. The trick ......................as per the mechanic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
I had this exact same issue (2012 Nov manufactured Verna, 22K kms) and I faced this sporadically when I drove in 1st gear traffic for 20-30 minutes continuously. When i reported this to the service center, they bled the clutch system and then the problem disappeared. I have completed 30K kms now and no signs of the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
My BIL's car [ same model] had this very same issue [and the solution was also suggested ..................I'll talk to him and let you know if the issue was solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8763 View Post
Harjeev, faced the same issue of gears not engaging ...............first batch fluidic 1.6 crdi.
In reference to the problem stated above, I think that I've found out a work around to this.
The other day I was getting the brake pads replaced on my I10 at small nondescript workshop near my home. I began chatting with the mechanic about the gearbox issue being faced on my Verna. As a surprise he told me that he knew about the problem and knew about the solution. He said that the problem isn't with the clutch or the gearbox but something to do with the Clutch Master Cylinder(CMC). I wasn't present while the job was being done and had sent my driver with the vehicle with the strict instructions that the gearbox shouldn't be opened. What he did was opened the boot of CMC (I might be wrong about the part name, but this is what my driver told me) to do this he removed the air filter (to access the part), opened the Boot covering the CMC and welded a piece of a small steel rod to a piece of rod which was already there but was short in length than what it should be. This the mechanic explained is what engages the clutch and the result of it being short was the vehicle was behaving in a way the the clutch wasn't being engaged.
We've driven the vehicle for about 150 kms since this job and am very pleased to say that the issue seems to be resolved for now. Fingers crossed.
Total cost of the job 300 bucks of Labor Charge.
harjeev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 08:34   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunnahar View Post
Guys, now that Android Auto is out is there a way to install it on Indian cars? Has anyone tried it? Would love to install it on my Verna SX 2014.

I too have a Verna SX 2014. Considering the head unit in our cars (I.e non availability of touch screens, etc...) I don't think our cars would support Android Auto/Apple Car Play.

In case you do want to use them, the only option would be to replace the entire multimedia head unit with a one from Pioneer/Kenwood.

As far as my knowledge goes, these two manufacturers offer multimedia head units that support Android Auto and Apple Car Play completely.

Cheers!
Old 20th July 2015, 17:30   #2452
BHPian

Did anyone do tyre rotation after 10k kms?
Old 26th July 2015, 07:41   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorBlades View Post
Did anyone do tyre rotation after 10k kms?
Yes i had got it done and i get it done for every 10k run.. its highly recommend as the front ones are more prone to wear and tear.They do it as a part of Service. It's even good if wheel alignment and balancing is done. It increases your tyre life and minimises uneven wear.
Old 26th July 2015, 10:09   #2454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyth Prabhakar View Post
Yes i had got it done and i get it done for every 10k run.. its highly recommend as the front ones are more prone to wear and tear.They do it as a part of Service. It's even good if wheel alignment and balancing is done. It increases your tyre life and minimises uneven wear.
It is better to do that every 5000 kms with cross rotation. This definitely increases tyre life.
Old 27th August 2015, 23:20   #2455
Senior - BHPian

Am considering a 2012 1.6 VTVT SX (O) (Petrol). Car's seems in good condition, though ideally wanted a car not more than 2 years old.
How do I find what the on road price was for this model back then?
Old 13th September 2015, 18:05   #2456
BHPian

Calling owners with projector OEM projector headlamps. I have a 2015 fluidic verna sx variant, and am thinking of putting OEM projector headlamps, would like to know if the come with a facility to adjust the beam up and down. If I have to go retrofit way could someone recommend me some Korean or Taiwan stores to purchase from.
Old 14th September 2015, 07:06   #2457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Calling owners with projector OEM projector headlamps. I have a 2015 fluidic verna sx variant, and am thinking of putting OEM projector headlamps, would like to know if the come with a facility to adjust the beam up and down. If I have to go retrofit way could someone recommend me some Korean or Taiwan stores to purchase from.

A word of caution. The projectors with DRL from Korean and Taiwanese manufacturers look fabulous. However I am now seeing a lot of cars running around with just one DRL working or half the DRL lit up. It really looks bad and am not sure if they are able to replace.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2015, 20:55   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
Have you put the OEM Projector headlamps ???? I'm planning to get them for my 2014 Dec Verna SX variant.

Also, if you're planning to go retrofit projector headlamps, please buy components from TRS and get it done. Please donot go with these Taiwanese/Korean plug and play projectors. Their cutoff and light throw are rubbish and they come with some wierd configuration bulbs (not standard H4, H7, 9005, etc.) that aren't gonna be available anywhere. You might need to replace the whole headlight again. Quality of the product would also be questionable.

Go OEM / Procure components from TRS for a retrofit. I dont know anybody who would do a good retrofit in Bengaluru, hence going the OEM route. Later will convert to HID's if headlights are not illuminating adequately.
Old 18th September 2015, 11:09   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Have you put the OEM Projector headlamps ???? I'm planning to get them for my 2014 Dec Verna SX variant.

Also, if you're planning to go retrofit projector headlamps, please buy components from TRS and get it done. Please donot go with these Taiwanese/Korean plug and play projectors. Their cutoff and light throw are rubbish and they come with some wierd configuration bulbs (not standard H4, H7, 9005, etc.) that aren't gonna be available anywhere. You might need to replace the whole headlight again. Quality of the product would also be questionable.

Go OEM / Procure components from TRS for a retrofit. I dont know anybody who would do a good retrofit in Bengaluru, hence going the OEM route. Later will convert to HID's if headlights are not illuminating adequately.
Hi All,

I own 2014 verna Top end diesel. As i have been complaining everywhere and to hyundai too. Those projectors are useless. Throw is pathetic. I have tried every possible option to escalate it, but the request lands up to dealer who does nothing. The projector throw is absolutely rubbish.

I have even told them to replace the head lights in warranty. but they yet to act upon it. I have no clue whether projectors are suppose to be like this or i have very specific issue. With many complaining i dont think its specific issue. I would say hold off your upgrade for sometime till i find some solution. The only thing i'm worried is warranty.

I had OSRAM relay cut out with higher wattage bulb on my previous car. it was amazing.

Projectors has been one issue for me since my purchase.

Any suggestions are welcome.
Old 18th September 2015, 11:21   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
Those projectors are useless. Throw is pathetic. I have tried every possible option to escalate it, but the request lands up to dealer who does nothing. The projector throw is absolutely rubbish.
That is strange. I have the 2015 facelift and the projectors with the stock bulbs are quite good. Probably they changed something in the facelift? I'm not sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks