Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2011, 23:27   #241
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Yes, @sith_lord is right. Bangalore has a road tax of 17.8% for cars whose ex-showroom price is above 10L. So a 10.5 ex would mean 12.37 OTR in Bangy!
If the information is true that Diesel AT @ 11.5L OTR in bangalore then they must be offering the AT in SX version too and not just SX-O alone.

In my opinion, the ANHV top end Deisel AT (SX-O) would not be less than 12.5L going by the current verna which is 11.20L for deiesel AT.

Add 6 airbags, Camera, ABS, 4 Disk Brakes, leather and it'll easily be 1.3L extra. Cars attract highest sales tax, Road Tax, registration costs in bangalore than rest of the country.
Old 3rd May 2011, 08:34   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8763 View Post
A couple of questions -
What about the automatic climate control - which variant has it ?
What is FATC ?
I am looking for base 1.6 diesel and seems pretty well equipped too. I can live without sx and sx(o) features - alloys(i can get mine later), folding orvm, dual airbag, chrome handles, smart key, leather upholstery).

. If not chrome what will be handle colors - body color or black ? Hopefully body colored for the segment this car is in.
. What is the tyre size in base and sx trims ?
. What will be service intervals ?

1. FATC: Fully Automatic Temperature Control (Auto AC) - Standard feature in 1.6 PL/DSL variants

2. Outside door handles are either Bodycolored or Chrome, no Black ones

3. 15" Steel wheel (185/65 R15) - 1.4 PL/DSL base & 1.6 PL/DSL base

16" Alloy wheel (195/55 R16) - 1.6 PL/DSL SX & SX(O)

No idea about service intervals
Old 3rd May 2011, 09:38   #243
BHPian

Zappo and other friends,

I am a newbie who had been anxiously waiting for the New Verna and following the discussion from the beginning.

I want a car for my wife who injured her back recently.The reviews I read and experiences I had have not been very encouraging for even the coveted brands/models.I test drove the Etios and found it coming very close to the comfort required by my wife.But somehow it is a plane Jane and lacks snob value.Moreover the waiting period is 6 months.

Can the new Verna be chosen?How bad are the flg: a)Low seating position b)Less under thigh support c)Soft suspension d)Undulating ride etc.

My wife drives,so the front seats should be good too.every one talks about Senior Citizen-friends, once injured we are all as weak as weak senior citizens.

If the Verna is not good I may wait for the Etios-looks like sheer value for money

I sincerely hope that some of you will be kind enough to help me out.

Love, charthom
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:20   #244
BHPian

TOI today has a more revealed picture of 'ANHV' for everyone.
Two words, 'Strikingly Beautiful' from rear as well.
We already have seen couple of bookings from members on this thread and will see more, in abundance.

That's the aura around 'ANHV' which will attract many, simply charismatic.

I was just wondering yesterday, is it possible for ‘ANHV’ to eat up the market of Corolla Altis diesel as well?

My take on external looks/styling:
Linea>’ANHV’>’ANHC’>SX4=Vento
Those who were not able to read/view TOI today, below is the picture:
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-anhv_advt.png  

Old 3rd May 2011, 10:29   #245
BHPian

@Carthom

Why not try the Vento. That has the unmached ride handsdown. Even Fords ride well. Not sure if the Hyundai can come any close.
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:03   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinya_jag View Post
@Carthom

Why not try the Vento. That has the unmached ride handsdown. Even Fords ride well. Not sure if the Hyundai can come any close.
Thanks vinya_jag for your advice.But the Vento seats are too low and too upright for back comfort-as observed by many.Fords ride well-but others aspects!?

The new Hyundai is contemporary and stylish-my wife wants to look more stylish than misearble And me too have to drive the same car!Hence still willing to consider the Hyundai.Any more insights,folks?

regards,
charthom.
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:14   #247
Senior - BHPian

@charthom > I think you actually cannot be comparing the Etios and the Verna as they belong to different segments. I actually found the Vento's front seat to be a tad lower than in my ANHC. The SX4 has nice tall stance for the easiest ingress/egress in the segment, with tall seating position too. But you might want to wait for the Fiesta and then decide. One thing I noticed is that the front seats of the Verna has tilt seat height adjustment. Whereas the Fiesta has the complete seat base raising height adjustment like in the ANHC. Small but significant things for yout requirement
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:24   #248
BHPian

@charthom - It would be best to wait a week & take a test drive for yourself once the car is launched. Take your wife along & go for a longish test drive on different types of roads. Also, another small piece of advice would be to get your tyres changed to comfort oriented ones as soon as you buy a car (whichever car you decide). Doesnt seem like itll help but believe me, it will make a big difference.

Last edited by Xehaust : 3rd May 2011 at 11:27.
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:24   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Zappo and other friends,

I want a car for my wife who injured her back recently.The reviews I read and experiences I had have not been very encouraging for even the coveted brands/models.I test drove the Etios and found it coming very close to the comfort required by my wife.But somehow it is a plane Jane and lacks snob value.Moreover the waiting period is 6 months.

Can the new Verna be chosen?How bad are the flg: a)Low seating position b)Less under thigh support c)Soft suspension d)Undulating ride etc.
Consider the Optra Magnum LT. Probably the best ride sub 15L. Has a soft suspension but a composed ride.

In Delhi, post discounts the LS is about 9+L the LT at about 10L

For a higher seat - SX4, though the ride is relatively a lot more bumpy.

Useful threads for you:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...anking-23.html

post #343 ("Being an owner of an Optra for 6 years and 100,000 kms, I can say for sure that there is no other car in the list that can match its ride quality! I'm pretty sure multi-link rear suspension has something to do with it - Indigo CS & XL too has this feature." )

post #316,

5 test drives etc.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...continued.html
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:30   #250

amazing test report...end comparison with competitors was required. Excel of engine options was required, but colour options in the model is missing, do let you know about it
Old 3rd May 2011, 14:37   #251
Senior - BHPian

Found this comparison of features between the Verna, ANHC, Vento and Sx4 to be useful. Though they compare the features of the highest variant of the cars regardless of the price.

Features comparison: New Verna Vs City Vs SX4 Vs Vento
Old 3rd May 2011, 20:10   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
My take on external looks/styling:
Linea>’ANHV’>’ANHC’>SX4=Vento
I know styling is subjective but
SX4 = Vento
SX4 is probably the worst looking sedan in the category. It can no way be compared to Vento.

I agree Linea is the best of the lot.
The next best is City.
Vento is conservative with clean lines and absolutely no quirkiness.
Verna may look good now but lets see how it ages. Anyway it is million times better than the verna transform.

My order will be
Linea>ANHC>Vento=Verna>NFS>>SX4
Old 3rd May 2011, 20:21   #253
BHPian

Was waiting for this review. The car surely is a head turner. The best part of the car is the side profile, it looks just amazing.
Old 3rd May 2011, 20:45   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
I know styling is subjective but
SX4 = Vento
SX4 is probably the worst looking sedan in the category. It can no way be compared to Vento.

I agree Linea is the best of the lot.
The next best is City.
Vento is conservative with clean lines and absolutely no quirkiness.
Verna may look good now but lets see how it ages. Anyway it is million times better than the verna transform.

My order will be
Linea>ANHC>Vento=Verna>NFS>>SX4
Sx4 might not be best, but its not a bad looking car at all. I really liked the new verna styling, one of the best looking rear.

My take on best looking cars is

ANHC>New Verna>Linea>SX4>Vento
Old 3rd May 2011, 20:56   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Sx4 might not be best, but its not a bad looking car at all. I really liked the new verna styling, one of the best looking rear.

My take on best looking cars is

ANHC>New Verna>Linea>SX4>Vento

I beg to differ - the Vento is way better looking & proportionate than the SX4, if you go for just the looks that is

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks