Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2017, 10:49   #2536
BHPian

Guys - my EPS light started to glow and my steering is completely locked and can't turn. Just called the towing company. Any idea how much the EPS motor replacement or repair costs are? I am worried like crazy. Any help is appreciated. Fluidic Verna 2012 model. Clocked 40k Kms
Old 27th February 2017, 16:14   #2537
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eethanhunt View Post
Guys - my EPS light started to glow and my steering is completely locked and can't turn. Just called the towing company. Any idea how much the EPS motor replacement or repair costs are? I am worried like crazy. Any help is appreciated. Fluidic Verna 2012 model. Clocked 40k Kms
Hello,

Any update regarding the EPS issue? Hope it is fixed now.
Were the Hyundai Service guys able to fix it?
What was the cost involved? Insurance paid?

Please let us know so that the owners are able to leverage your experience with EPS failure.
Old 27th February 2017, 19:22   #2538
BHPian

Hello - had to tow the car as the MDPS motor went bad. No insurance coverage. I had it replaced and the total cost including labor was 6250. Was fixed in half day. Now it's smooth and I feel the difference. Note - any grinding noise please get it checked immediately and if neded replace the part.
Old 9th March 2017, 23:17   #2539
BHPian

I will be repeating a query of mine....

I have a petrol verna 1.6 SX. It's done about 15000 kms.
Today while starting the car, my door was open as I was picking up some stuff, I heard a 'hissing' sound coming from the underbody towards the driver's side.
I switched off the engine and the noise stopped. At first I felt it may be a leak from the tyre valve, but it wasn't so.
Each time I switched on the engine, the sound persisted.
Can anyone throw some light on this?
Old 9th March 2017, 23:53   #2540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nda992 View Post
I will be repeating a query of mine....

I have a petrol verna 1.6 SX. It's done about 15000 kms.
Today while starting the car, my door was open as I was picking up some stuff, I heard a 'hissing' sound coming from the underbody towards the driver's side.
I switched off the engine and the noise stopped. At first I felt it may be a leak from the tyre valve, but it wasn't so.
Each time I switched on the engine, the sound persisted.
Can anyone throw some light on this?
Don't worry buddy, it is the sound of the FIP (Fuel Injection Pump) which gets actuated when you turn the ignition key on.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 10:53   #2541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooltronics View Post
Can people share how much mileage is their 1.6L Fluidic Verna Diesel giving in City conditions ?

Mine gives around 12 KM/L in Bangalore City condition and shoots up to 19 KM/L on highway rides. Is this within the range or on lower side ? Can something be done about it ?

Secondly, I see a lot of rattling coming from door and dashboard, has anyone faced similar issue and knows the solution ?

The mileage you are getting seems to be in line with what most Diesel Verna' are putting out. My Jan 2015 Fluidic Diesel which has run about 63k kms gives about 12-13 in city (Blore Traffic) and about 19 in the highways.

About the rattling, I don't have an idea since my car doesn't have rattles/squeaks yet, it's built really well infact.

What did the HASS people say about the rattles ??

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 12:12   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
The mileage you are getting seems to be in line with what most Diesel Verna' are putting out. My Jan 2015 Fluidic Diesel which has run about 63k kms gives about 12-13 in city (Blore Traffic) and about 19 in the highways.

About the rattling, I don't have an idea since my car doesn't have rattles/squeaks yet, it's built really well infact.

What did the HASS people say about the rattles ??

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
I also hear a frequent squeaky noise from the glove box. I have told the dealership multiple times and they have not be able to figure out or fix it. It is really frustrating.
Old 20th May 2017, 06:34   #2543
BHPian

Need quick inputs on a car sale. I am planning to sell my Verna Fluidic | SX Diesel | 2012 model | 45000 kms | Silver | single owner. What should I be expecting. Just a ballpark figure to help me negotiate. Any help is appreciated.
Old 20th May 2017, 07:20   #2544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eethanhunt View Post
Need quick inputs on a car sale. I am planning to sell my Verna Fluidic | SX Diesel | 2012 model | 45000 kms | Silver | single owner. What should I be expecting. Just a ballpark figure to help me negotiate. Any help is appreciated.
The following is a more appropriate thread to discuss -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-page-1-a.html

Since, the car is in its 5th year, from a dealer, expect offers from 45-50% of the OTR price (2012 Bangalore OTR price). Can't predict about a genuine buyer, the quote would be based on his need and his financial condition.
Old 20th May 2017, 09:04   #2545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
The following is a more appropriate thread to discuss -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-page-1-a.html

Since, the car is in its 5th year, from a dealer, expect offers from 45-50% of the OTR price (2012 Bangalore OTR price). Can't predict about a genuine buyer, the quote would be based on his need and his financial condition.
Thank you JetSet. Appreciate the thread link as well.
Old 20th May 2017, 12:41   #2546
BHPian

Guys, had a query. I own a 2013 fluidic Verna SX petrol, driven about 21,000 kms. I opted for an AMC as it included wax polishing with the usual checks. Post a test drive the ASS told me there seemed to be a play with the steering, post inspection he informed that there was an issue and that the steering column (costing 30k) and steering rack (costing 9k) had to be changed. Also I complained of occasional delay while cranking the engine during startup, to which he responded the gravity of the battery goes down occasionally and hence a battery replacement costing 4K (exude battery with 4 year warranty) is the way forward. I have two questions now:

1. I have been a careful driver especially while taking the car into bumps so is it possible that the steering column and rack can wear out in a way that they need to be replaced?
2. Battery gravity is something I haven't heard so far is this even possible?
3. Is the costing (39k for steering and 7k for battery) justified?
4. For all the previous Verna owners, is AMC the best way forward towards car maintenance?
Old 21st May 2017, 01:34   #2547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay.Hemmady View Post
Post a test drive the ASS told me there seemed to be a play with the steering, post inspection he informed that there was an issue and that the steering column (costing 30k) and steering rack (costing 9k) had to be changed. Also I complained of occasional delay while cranking the engine during startup, to which he responded the gravity of the battery goes down occasionally and hence a battery replacement costing 4K (exude battery with 4 year warranty) is the way forward. I have two questions now:

1. I have been a careful driver especially while taking the car into bumps so is it possible that the steering column and rack can wear out in a way that they need to be replaced?
2. Battery gravity is something I haven't heard so far is this even possible?
3. Is the costing (39k for steering and 7k for battery) justified?
4. For all the previous Verna owners, is AMC the best way forward towards car maintenance?
I was using a 2014 Verna SX CRDI till last week and faced exactly the same issues. However, when I told the service centre person that I have extended warranty on the car and that any such issue with steering should be covered under warranty, he back tracked and post service he said no issue any longer (the strange noise from the steering especially while parking stopped post the service).

Regarding battery issue, I was told that battery has become weak and it is recommended that the same be replaced. I had planned to replace the battery after a few months but sold the car recently.

So, 1. and 2. I leave it to technical experts. 3. I was quoted approximately 40k for steering. 4. Never had AMC since it was only one service for me every 9-10 months.
Old 21st May 2017, 07:03   #2548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay81 View Post
I was using a 2014 Verna SX CRDI till last week and faced exactly the same issues. However, when I told the service centre person that I have extended warranty on the car and that any such issue with steering should be covered under warranty, he back tracked and post service he said no issue any longer (the strange noise from the steering especially while parking stopped post the service).

Regarding battery issue, I was told that battery has become weak and it is recommended that the same be replaced. I had planned to replace the battery after a few months but sold the car recently.

So, 1. and 2. I leave it to technical experts. 3. I was quoted approximately 40k for steering. 4. Never had AMC since it was only one service for me every 9-10 months.
My experience - the noise would come back again. Replacement of the Steering Column would take care of this problem. I may be proven wrong as well and I hope so too
Old 26th May 2017, 23:15   #2549
BHPian

Any idea how much a decent Fluidic Verna battery would cost? Is there anything specific that I should be looking for?
Old 26th May 2017, 23:17   #2550
BHPian

In case the gravity of the car battery is down, is replacement the only option?

Also, is it a good idea to put an after market battery or better to go in for a genuine Battery from the Hyundai service Center ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks