Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2018, 14:17   #2611
BHPian

Re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Exhaust pipes from the authorized service center is usually priced high. If the holes are on the pipes and not mufflers, you can get the holes welded at a garage which will last a while.
If you have plans on keeping the car for a long time, then go the authorized service way.
Deciding on sending my vehicle to authorised service center for replacement. Lets see how much it costs.

Anyways, I am planning to get my headlamps changed too, since one of them has started to get moisture deposit on glass.

I wanted to know if I can get the headlamps changed to the DRL one? The one that comes with new Verna?
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:09   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karuz16 View Post
Alright ! Sounds good. Do you know of any place in Delhi/Gurgaon where I could buy these? Or if your guy couriers them, then I could buy the front assists from him. Share any contact info if still available. Thanks much appreciated !!
Check out roger abs or amazon. If you want cheaper options, then visit aliexpress. Aliexpress items will most likely not have any warranty/guarantee but you can get a good item if you research well.

Search for coil buffer or spring buffer.
Old 24th April 2018, 09:12   #2613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth_sx View Post
Check out roger abs or amazon. If you want cheaper options, then visit aliexpress. Aliexpress items will most likely not have any warranty/guarantee but you can get a good item if you research well.

Search for coil buffer or spring buffer.
Yes I found a few urethane buffer option on Amazon. Seller is suggesting type-B for front suspension but the price varies from 1500 a pair to 2900 (depending on seller) makes me doubt the quality of the cheaper ones although pics look the same. Have a trip planned to the states in May, was thinking maybe pick something up from there ! Will check AliExpress, though haven't used it ever but may be worth the effort.
Old 24th April 2018, 13:54   #2614
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I found a few urethane buffer option on Amazon. Seller is suggesting type-B for front suspension but the price varies from 1500 a pair to 2900 (depending on seller) makes me doubt the quality of the cheaper ones although pics look the same. Have a trip planned to the states in May, was thinking maybe pick something up from there ! Will check AliExpress, though haven't used it ever but may be worth the effort.
I am not too sure about most of the items on amazon. Few are sold by known sellers from india(autorubber, rogerabs) so that is fine since they offer some sort of warranty. The rest just order in bulk from aliexpress/alibaba and sell it here at slightly inflated prices.
Decent ones on Ali will be within 1.5k.

There is no point buying buffers from the states. Its not a very complicated item to procure this side.
If you have the budget and the inclination, look into proper springs and dampers.
Old 24th April 2018, 17:28   #2615

Quote:
I am not too sure about most of the items on amazon. Few are sold by known sellers from india(autorubber, rogerabs) so that is fine since they offer some sort of warranty. The rest just order in bulk from aliexpress/alibaba and sell it here at slightly inflated prices.
Decent ones on Ali will be within 1.5k.

There is no point buying buffers from the states. Its not a very complicated item to procure this side.
If you have the budget and the inclination, look into proper springs and dampers.
You are right. Its too cheap a product to wait that long. checked out indisuspension they have a bunch of over priced suspension buffers as well. I have already got the rear suspension springs changed to the newer 2014 springs, was thinking of trying out the buffer in the front after getting the idea from bhpian Chita.

Btw, you've got a cool angel eyes headlamp as your pic. Is that from your Verna ? If yes, then do share some insight on whether you procured it locally or got it imported and then assembled. I have been trying to work out a HID projector kit for my verna as well. Being new to such a mod, its taking rather long to research my options. I had kept a budget of 60K for new tyres, suspension springs and either new headlights or a better infotainment system. Checked tyres off the list and almost done with suspension, now its time to dig in with the remainder. Any input would be appreciated !!

Cheers
Old 24th April 2018, 18:41   #2616
BHPian

Quote:
I have already got the rear suspension springs changed to the newer 2014 springs
What year is your model ?
Did the 2014 springs change the ride/handling ?

Quote:
Btw, you've got a cool angel eyes headlamp as your pic. Is that from your Verna ? If yes, then do share some insight on whether you procured it locally or got it imported and then assembled.
Verna is mine but the one in the avatar is from an older setup. I upgraded to the current setup 2 years ago.
Installed by Xenonplanet. FXR 3.0, 55w quick start ballasts, Osram CBI bulbs.

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-img_20171015_162539.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-img_20180217_213310.jpg
Old 25th April 2018, 02:46   #2617

Quote:
What year is your model ?
Did the 2014 springs change the ride/handling ?
Most definitely !! its hard to explain but it just feels like the cars response is much sharper and recovers faster after going through pot holes. Hoping that after placing the front spring buffers this behavior should become much more apparent. I had adapted to my cars soft suspension so it will take a while before I really start pushing it through rough surfaces and break later on speed bumps. I dont want to change my driving style just to test the springs but the initial impressions have been very good.

Quote:
Verna is mine but the one in the avatar is from an older setup. I upgraded to the current setup 2 years ago.
Installed by Xenonplanet. FXR 3.0, 55w quick start ballasts, Osram CBI bulbs.
Nice ! Looks pretty sweet. What was the burnt for the whole kit ? Are there any long term problems? One of my friends who has a HID kit on his Swift often has one light not working due to some ballast failures or moisture inside the lights. Do you have similar problems too?? I mean the last thing I want is for life becoming difficult due to a mod. Anything I should stay away from ?
Old 25th April 2018, 13:37   #2618
BHPian

Quote:
... but the initial impressions have been very good.
Good to know.
Hope the buffers work out for you as well.

Quote:
Nice ! Looks pretty sweet. What was the burnt for the whole kit ? Are there any long term problems? One of my friends who has a HID kit on his Swift often has one light not working due to some ballast failures or moisture inside the lights. Do you have similar problems too?? I mean the last thing I want is for life becoming difficult due to a mod. Anything I should stay away from ?
Complete kit was around 20k i think. There have been no problems with the units so far. All components are functioning normally since day one.

I have not had any moisture inside the unit due to the sealing as far i remember. If your friend has just an HID kit, then the front glass was not required to be removed. Just check the rear bulb holders or dust cap for looseness. That is an entry for the warm engine air into the unit.

Do a lot of research before you finalize something. Its your money, so make sure you understand the setup as best as you can. If you can not understand the technicalities, then go ahead based on feedback for the installer from users. That way, you will be covered incase of any issues later on.
Old 14th May 2018, 13:36   #2619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay.Hemmady View Post
Quick update! It was my bad the second horn is hidden above the driver side fog lamp which is accessible only by removing the bumper. This is a quick 5 mins job by removing the 4 hex screws after you open the bonnet, 6 body clips at the bottom of the bumper and 2 Philips screw near the wheel well on both sides

Attachment 1707177

Finally the horns are in place and they sound simply awesome
Akshay - I recently bought Bosch symphony on amazon. Do you know if they will require different wiring harness and relay? I was thinking if company supports dual horn then existing wiring might work
Old 21st June 2018, 10:25   #2620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Akshay - I recently bought Bosch symphony on amazon. Do you know if they will require different wiring harness and relay? I was thinking if company supports dual horn then existing wiring might work
Hey Sang! no problem at all the existing wiring should be fine. The verna does have dual horns. It would be a simple plug and use mechanism. However bear in mind one horn is near the Grill while other behind the driver side fog lamp
Old 21st June 2018, 19:39   #2621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay.Hemmady View Post
Hey Sang! no problem at all the existing wiring should be fine. The verna does have dual horns. It would be a simple plug and use mechanism. However bear in mind one horn is near the Grill while other behind the driver side fog lamp
Thanks Akshay ! I got them installed but did not like it, returned them back. Might go for Minda trumpet some time in future.
Old 22nd June 2018, 15:37   #2622
Senior - BHPian

Family is strongly considering buying a Hyundai Verna petrol automatic. Except the dealers are telling me they have no test drive vehicle of the same. Does anyone have a good rapport with a particular dealership in Hyderabad that they could recommend I interact with?
Old 27th June 2018, 14:57   #2623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sang View Post
Thanks Akshay ! I got them installed but did not like it, returned them back. Might go for Minda trumpet some time in future.
Try these, the Hella Chrome http://amzn.in/0rLbxRc

Sounds bang on with the German counterparts.
Old 11th July 2018, 18:54   #2624
BHPian

Planned to hardwire my dashcam to my Fluidic Verna. Tried removing the 10A spare fuse but somehow the guides are so small that it is not coming off, neither by hand nir by tweezers.

Anyone aware of how to remove fuse from Verna?
Old 11th July 2018, 19:27   #2625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
Planned to hardwire my dashcam to my Fluidic Verna...
Anyone aware of how to remove fuse from Verna?
In the engine bay, there's another fuse box (right next to the battery). Open that up and you'd find a fuse-pulling-tool ("tweezers" specifically made to grab low profile fuses, if you may). You'd want to use that to pull the spare fuse in the fusebox inside the car.
actinium15 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks