Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 14:17   #766
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Hey Zappo, I was going through the initial test drive report of 'ANHV' and my belief was confirmed that no petrol variant was tested. Will it be possible for you to throw some light on this particular variant as I have yet to test-drive it, due to non-availability of petrol variant with the Pune dealers.

@anandpadhye, I guess you were not satisfied by test-drive of petrol one and you alluded it as sluggish. Is it like a bullock cart? Kindly let me know which dealer has a petrol model?

Off-topic: We were actually debating on the pricing of ‘ANHV’, now looking @absolute absurd pricing of Renault ‘Fluence’, I believe, HMIL understands Indian market quite well and priced ‘ANHV’ appropriately.
Old 23rd May 2011, 14:49   #767
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator View Post
Another suggestion to all prospective buyers - do the insurance yourself, I was able to shave off 17,000 from my total cost. Also check finance options carefully, I got a much better deal from my bank.
17000 rs diffrence in insurance!, what was the amount quoted. Saw in price list posted few pages back for AT insurance premium was Rs 42419. What was mentioned in your quote?
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:50   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
17000 rs diffrence in insurance!, what was the amount quoted. Saw in price list posted few pages back for AT insurance premium was Rs 42419. What was mentioned in your quote?
You probably can save atleast 30% over what the dealers quote. When I got the quote for a Cruze LT, the insurance was 48K, but after much haggling the quote was revised to 28K or 21K (with 35% NCB from previous car). This is where the dealers make some money.
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:57   #769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
You probably can save atleast 30% over what the dealers quote. When I got the quote for a Cruze LT, the insurance was 48K, but after much haggling the quote was revised to 28K or 21K (with 35% NCB from previous car). This is where the dealers make some money.
Is NCB only available when you trade in the old car in exchange of a new one? What if i have NCB but i am keeping the old car and want to buy a new one as well?
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:19   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Is NCB only available when you trade in the old car in exchange of a new one? What if i have NCB but i am keeping the old car and want to buy a new one as well?
As far as I know, NCB is transferrable only when you sell your previous car(doesn't neccessarily have to be an exchange with the dealer). You need to show proof that you have sold your car when claiming the NCB.
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:31   #771
BHPian

Quote:
As far as I know, NCB is transferrable only when you sell your previous car(doesn't neccessarily have to be an exchange with the dealer). You need to show proof that you have sold your car when claiming the NCB.
Would it be possible to transfer the NCB on your old car to the new one and start afresh on the insurance on your old car. Since the insurable value of your old car will be lower than the insurable value of the new car, shouldn't that give you some saving.
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:35   #772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Quote:
One can sell the old car anywhere and transfer the NCB.

Not sure, but I think it is also possible to get a new insurance on the older car and transfer the NCB. Sounds illogical, but I think it was done with one of our purchases as the older car was sold a few days after the new one was bought. I think we got a third-party and theft insurance on the old car and got the NCB transferred. But I am not at all sure.
Old 23rd May 2011, 17:37   #773
BHPian

Any expert opinion on the Petrol 1.6 SX? I drive only 400 to 600 km a month and need to buy a Petrol sedan, will this be a good option?
Old 23rd May 2011, 23:21   #774
BHPian

Hello people this is the ACI vento vs verna comparison video. I accidently posted it in the old verna thread.

sreejinair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 00:33   #775
BHPian

In the 1.6 Diesel option, does only the top end i.e. SX(o) come with ABS+EBD or does the SX version also come with ABS+EBD?

ACI is mentioning only top end comes with ABS+EBD. Hyundai website also does not mention which variants offer what specs
Old 24th May 2011, 02:51   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
In the 1.6 Diesel option, does only the top end i.e. SX(o) come with ABS+EBD or does the SX version also come with ABS+EBD?

ACI is mentioning only top end comes with ABS+EBD. Hyundai website also does not mention which variants offer what specs
bharatbs, I have attached the link to the official website below where it shows under the 'Features' that apart from 1.4 VTVT(petrol) and 1.4 CRDi(diesel) all other variants have ABS+EBD. Hope that helps.

http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...311213328.html
iFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 13:46   #777
BHPian

I have been comparing City and Verna for sometime now. I just relaized how much pain Hyundai Verna has caused Honda! Today morning, the sales guy from honda (chennai dealer, I dont want to mention his name) calls me and informs me that he has sent some details on Verna. I was like verna or City? and he says no sir on Verna. You need to know these facts before you decide. I tell him fine will look at your email. Here is what the email had!

Dear Sir,
Herewith i am sending you the few debuts on Hyundai New Fluidic Verna for your info is as follows:

Brakes are not effective.
Rear windshield glass visibility is poor.
Rear seating position is too low - Cause difficult to get up and get in for aged persons.
Rear seat thigh support is very poor - Cause discomfort while traveling long distance.
Rear seat width is not sufficient for 3 persons to sit.
1.6 litre/123 ps and tyre size is 16 inchs will take more fuel consumption.
Warranty for 2 yrs and Unlimited kms in case of HONDA CITY its 4yrs or 80,000 kms.

Never in my 10 years have seen a Honda dealership stoop this low! I do not know whats wrong with Honda ...is the Verna heat too much?

Last edited by madbullram : 24th May 2011 at 13:47.
Old 24th May 2011, 13:50   #778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
I have been comparing City and Verna for sometime now. I just relaized how much pain Hyundai Verna has caused Honda! Today morning, the sales guy from honda (chennai dealer, I dont want to mention his name) calls me and informs me that he has sent some details on Verna. I was like verna or City? and he says no sir on Verna. You need to know these facts before you decide. I tell him fine will look at your email. Here is what the email had!

Dear Sir,
Herewith i am sending you the few debuts on Hyundai New Fluidic Verna for your info is as follows:

Rear seating position is too low - Cause difficult to get up and get in for aged persons.
Rear seat thigh support is very poor - Cause discomfort while traveling long distance.
Warranty for 2 yrs and Unlimited kms in case of HONDA CITY its 4yrs or 80,000 kms.
Never in my 10 years have seen a Honda dealership stoop this low! I do not know whats wrong with Honda ...is the Verna heat too much?
Thats terrible! I hope that sales person was doing with the company's consent. I don't think Honda is so stirred up that they need to take a step down and do this foolish marketing. If they had to do it, they should have done it when Vento was launched. Vento was the one which dethroned the ANHC. I am sure this is not a Honda thing.
Old 24th May 2011, 14:18   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post

Dear Sir,

Yeah, i guess its really hurting Honda in a big way. It will be interesting to know this months sales figures.

I hope Honda packs up some more goodies in ANHC, esp ACC, to counter the Verna....such wars are good for the consumers!!
Old 24th May 2011, 14:45   #780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamishra View Post
Yeah, i guess its really hurting Honda in a big way. It will be interesting to know this months sales figures.

I hope Honda packs up some more goodies in ANHC, esp ACC, to counter the Verna....such wars are good for the consumers!!
Yes, if Honda don't come up with ACC, bluetooth and other goodies at same price, we would not be surprised its sales going below 1000/month. Honda city in Australia does have ACC and bluetooth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks