Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 15:57   #781

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations on getting the first Verna AT on TBHP. Please share pictures

You seem to be amongst those lucky few who have got freebies without asking for them. Wishing you happy ownership & driving experience.
Thank you AutoIndian. Sorry for delayed reply as was on travelling on business commitment. Did not have chance to drive much yet but certainly shall post my views and pics in due course.

Till now i've filled nitrogen in tires and will be going for 3m soon though also looking for option of windows roll on.

Any suggestion on windows roll on by fellow users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Congrats Sanjay Suri on owing the first All New Hyundai Verna AT Diesel on T-Bhp. Keep us updated with your experiences with the mean machine. Once i am back from my trip, i would like to test drive the new Verna and experience the handling first hand. From your short report, you seem to be very happy with the car's handling at high speed.
Thanks Mas!

Yes i felt bit at ease and deliberately drove the new car as TD at over 3K rpm in running in period at this speed to answer my uneasiness on high speed handling on ANHV.

Actually, apart from sway the erst while Verna had an ever un solved problem of Camber and thus the tires invariably did not last more than 25K. I attribute the sway factor to an extent beacuse of faulty camber.

Sway has been answered but on camber i'll revert.

Hope HMIL has spent its money well on R&D

Last edited by Jaggu : 24th May 2011 at 16:20. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote+) instead. Thanks
Old 24th May 2011, 17:32   #782
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Read news on BBC that "Hyundai, South Korea's top carmaker, has warned of a severe production disruption, because of a shortage of engine parts".

The news link: BBC News - Carmaker Hyundai warns of serious supply disruption
(Mods, Is the link ok else please remove it)

Hope this does not affect delivery periods here.
Old 24th May 2011, 22:09   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Read news on BBC that "Hyundai, South Korea's top carmaker, has warned of a severe production disruption, because of a shortage of engine parts".

The news link: BBC News - Carmaker Hyundai warns of serious supply disruption
(Mods, Is the link ok else please remove it)

Hope this does not affect delivery periods here.
Thats a bommer, I booked the verna on Saturday and the two month waiting seems like eternity! Wait on
Old 25th May 2011, 00:21   #784
BHPian

I did TD of Verna and vento.
Small Comparison of verna and vento in three parameters.
1. Ride quality, Suspension of the New verna is slight better than the vento. verna cruises over samll bumps in the road in vento you can feel a little more.
2. Comfort, the comfort for driver is slightly better in verna, little of it is because of the height, you have to down in verna and so even getting in and out is easier in verna.
3. Car handling, This is were we cant compare. ( suggestion for car to compare with vento.)

Looks is personal choice i really like vento but the turn off that the front is same as polo, there should have been a slight difference after all you are paying nearly double. Verna is beautiful.
The rear view camera, Bluetooth and steering mounted control are missing in vento.

Look, gizmo's, comfort, price, nearly every thing verna is better than the vento. but.... Vento is a drivers car... verna is boat to glide along in the city.

Have a passion for cars wanted to drive it not float around so in the end i never had a choice....
Old 25th May 2011, 02:03   #785
BHPian

Well this game didn't turn out too good either. I had been eagerly waiting for the Verna to blow me away with something awesome, I had pinned my hopes on a diesel car (attributed by the petrol prices going north everyday) and the looks of Verna had me hooked to it. But the whole deal doesn't look optimistic at all after having gone through each and every page in this review.
What am I going to do with looks if the whole package is not as expected? Sometimes I think if the manufacturers are playing some sort of a game of not making any car good in all aspects. Price factor can be controlled by removing some unwanted gizmos, and then improving handling and ride quality.
The Verna was great shots on gizmos and none what so ever in the handling department. I was looking to buy a car and not a gizmo house boat on wheels. Add to it the lack of support in the rear seat, minimal visibility through the IRVM, no AC vents for the rear passengers, small puny door bottle holders. The car looks almost as big as a Civic (reason I say Civic is because its rear seat and comfort is awesome), and it wasn't even able to provide the right comfort for the rear passengers, and for that HMIL is asking for 10L+

Last edited by aah78 : 25th May 2011 at 02:43. Reason: Text format tags removed.
Old 25th May 2011, 12:04   #786
BHPian

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 27th May 2011 at 10:12.
Modifiedsachin is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th May 2011, 13:12   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modifiedsachin View Post
The three options I have are (Diesel by default -- 60 KM everyday)
1. Optra Magnum 2.0 LT
2. Vento Highline
3. Verna SX
Have't test driven the Verna yet, but the impression one gets is that itis full of "features". Should be comfortable without being exceptional.

I too have been looking out for a diesel sedan and there are threads discussing this, which you may find useful:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...continued.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...sx4-manza.html
Old 25th May 2011, 13:44   #788
BHPian

I've just had a look at the Verna since the TD vehicle was not there. One major problem i see with the back seat is that the person sitting in the backseat is sunk quite low. He/she cannot see out from the rear screen. This is partially contributed to the 'little' rear glass and partly to the low seats.
Old 25th May 2011, 13:57   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Dear Sir,
Herewith i am sending you the few debuts on Hyundai New Fluidic Verna for your info is as follows:

Brakes are not effective.
Rear windshield glass visibility is poor.
Rear seating position is too low - Cause difficult to get up and get in for aged persons.
Rear seat thigh support is very poor - Cause discomfort while traveling long distance.
Rear seat width is not sufficient for 3 persons to sit.
1.6 litre/123 ps and tyre size is 16 inchs will take more fuel consumption.
Warranty for 2 yrs and Unlimited kms in case of HONDA CITY its 4yrs or 80,000 kms.

Never in my 10 years have seen a Honda dealership stoop this low! I do not know whats wrong with Honda ...is the Verna heat too much?
Hahahaha

Cannot help but laugh out loudly. Guess ANHV is giving jitters to ANHC. How would it be once New Fiesta comes into the amrket?
Old 25th May 2011, 15:43   #790
BHPian

Thanks for the Amazing review! I booked my 1.6 CRDi VGT yesterday. My uncle booked the Diesel Auto. Funnily, both of us did not bother with a test drive.

I already know whats the first thing I'm going to do once I get it. Photoshopped some stickering onto the already good looking front. Very EVO like don't you think? I hope I don't break the forum rules by posting this here.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-verna-fluidic-mod-fogs.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-verna-fluidic-mod-fogs-hl.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 25th May 2011, 16:17   #791
BHPian

Added some stickering to the Fog Lamp surrounds as well..

Zappo: I have a request: Do you have a pic of the Verna without the alloys? Are the wheels painted black? OR does the wheel covers look awkward?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)-verna-fluidic-fog-shaded.jpg  

Old 25th May 2011, 18:05   #792
Team-BHP Support

Nope. All the Vernas given to us wore Alloys.
Old 25th May 2011, 20:16   #793
BHPian

The tread has many folks comparing the vento and verna, killing verna over handling and the rear seat, which I agree, but it amuses me to see how vernas much more refined engine is not appreciated that much, I found vento exelerating but crude.
Old 25th May 2011, 20:25   #794
Senior - BHPian

To be a little frank, the whole 'handling' episode of the Verna is being a little exaggerated. I also test drove the new Verna SX CRDi. Compared to competitors like Fiesta, Linea and Vento, the Verna is nowhere near in handling. But that does not mean that the Verna is a totally unstable boat as many people claim it to be.

How many of us are planning to drive (or fly) at 140 or 160 kph in a twisty road where the claimed high speed handling and stability come into play? 3% or a max of about 5% of the car buying public! The Verna is not for those people. For all others, its a brilliant all-rounder and it will reflect in the monthly sales charts.
arvi86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2011, 21:25   #795
BHPian

Took the test drive of the Verna Diesel today. Some points:-
-The car is impressive in its outright engine performance, I could feel the torque steer when the rpm was cossing 2000 midway through a turn at low speeds. But the steering is totally unpredictable, light and allright at parking speeds, without much feel at high speeds (that's ok even) but in turns under brakes or acceleration, it just provides erratic feedback like it doesn't know what's happening. The body is stable enough for normal and sedate driving but turning even a little hard at speeds of even 50-60 (especially with brake or throttle inputs), it rolls and heaves quite a bit (I drove on a reasonable road with minor undulations).
-The engine is super refined. Just a minor rrrrrmmmmm at idle (which in itself is not unpleasant either) which vanishes during move and is super silent compared to similarly priced cars. I'll bet if you put ear plugs till the car moves at 20-30 kph and remove them, you'll hardly realise it's a diesel. And it's a torque monster too. If Cruze is the boss in C+ segment, the Verna is the guru of C segment now. Sad the chassis and steering don't do it justice.
-Features are very good. The reverse camera is very useful. You can't compare the Vento's Highline or the City V MT with the Verna SX(O) variant. The features in the Verna of even the SX variant are more than the equipment that the other cars offer in the top variant. With this, one realises that Hyundai has really priced the car right.
-The wheel wells were nicely filled up by the good looking 16" alloys. The spare is also full size. Bridgestone tyres are good (195/65). The car is spacious enough. I'm 5'7" and in a relaxed setting for my driving position (seatback reclined considerably), I sat in the rear seat comfortably, and there was one palm width (about 4") of space between the knees and front seatback. Had more than 4" to spare above my head. Rear seat middle portion not comfy at all. Seat recline angle good. The shoulder line and window was noticeably high above my shoulder. Up front, steering adjustment was good enough (not excellent). Horn far away from thumb and very meek sounding.
-The sales rep was excellent. Made me feel very nice which hasn't happened with any other manufacturers except Maruti. The hustle and bustle in the showroom was a contrast to the Ford and GM showrooms I visited recently. Only Maruti can surpass.
-The car comes with optional extended 3rd year warranty for Rs. 4235/- (Petrol, MT), 10250/- (Petrol, AT), 9035/- (Diesel, MT) and 10250/- (Diesel, MT).
-Rs. 6000/- for Regn fees, number plate, depot charges, handling charges etc. No freebies.
-For a family requiring a fresh, good stylish car with class leading features and hassle free ownership, this is the car.
-This car is great fun with the power but it's a wild horse that would throw you off if the grip and attention loosens a little bit in tight situations. So long as you avoid exceeding this limit, it's really fun to drive.

Last edited by Delta Wing : 25th May 2011 at 21:29. Reason: typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks