Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 12:31   #886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS

In my case I have owned Hyundai CRDi vehicles since 2003. I had run my 2003 Accent CRDI for 82000 kms and sold it for Rs. 3 lakhs in 2009. I had a very good experience with this car and Hyundai Service was top notch.

I am extremely comfortable with this manufacturer and have love their CRDI cars and their features

KPS
I completely agree with you. I am upgrading my 2003 Accent CRDI to the Fluidic Verna. The A.S.S of Hyundai is pretty good.
Old 10th June 2011, 14:02   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
In my case I have owned Hyundai CRDi vehicles since 2003. I had run my 2003 Accent CRDI for 82000 kms and sold it for Rs. 3 lakhs in 2009. I had a very good experience with this car and Hyundai Service was top notch.

in 2009 moved from the Accent to i20 CRDI Asta on which I had done 23000 kms. Wanted to move back to a sedan and ANHV was the automatic choice. Got a very good deal on my i20.

I am extremely comfortable with this manufacturer and have love their CRDI cars and their features.

Cheers

KPS
Thanks for the info, so it seems you are a veteran of the Hyundai CRDi cars. Also it is good to know that all these have served you pretty well. I can now understand how simple it would have been for you to choose the Fluidic Verna SX CRDi over the others. Also you might have built a good rapport with Hyundai Service Centre & this would be of immense help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk007 View Post
I completely agree with you. I am upgrading my 2003 Accent CRDI to the Fluidic Verna. The A.S.S of Hyundai is pretty good.
So JK007 & KPS, both of you seem to be carrying forward the CRDi legacy. Though could you pl let us know over the past 8 years of your Accent CRDI ownership, how were your maintenance costs & how much the car has run till date?

Last edited by Zappo : 10th June 2011 at 14:30. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the Multiquote feature in future.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:08   #888
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Hyundai Verna (2011)

Quote:
So JK007 & KPS, both of you seem to be carrying forward the CRDi legacy. Though could you pl let us know over the past 8 years of your Accent CRDI ownership, how were your maintenance costs & how much the car has run till date?
My accent has run about 60,000 kms in 8 years. The costs incurred on this car:

Tires: Changed tires from Bridgestone to Michelin at 40,000 kms

Battery: Changed the factory fitted after 2.5 years. Now, it lasts long really long ding dong!

Regular service: Change of Engine oil every 3500 - 4500 kms.(as per the manual every 5000 kms for an oil change) Changed to a "semi" synthetic engine oil last time which was suggested.
Changed Air and fuel filter as per service manual. My regular service bill usually ranges from 5500 - 10,000.

Apart from that, regular wax polish every year at the service center. Lately, I was referred to an excellent detailing place (Privilege Motomall) where I got the interiors detailed, headlamps restored like new, leather cleaned thoroughly and a 3 step paint protection.
jk007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2011, 15:08   #889

Folks, I got my Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX Petrol Sleek Silver delivered day before yesterday from Hyundai Motor Plaza, Chennai. 9.5L OTR.

First Impressions: I have fallen in deep love with the car. It never stops to amaze me. The drive in the city is super smooth, very comfortable and the features are worth every penny spent. When I took it to office yesterday, the car was literally surrounded and checked inside out by more than 50 people some of whom I knew and most of them I don't know. But, the best part is all of them had a common feedback - "The car has excellent looks and is loaded with amazing features for this segment. Congratulations!".

I'm yet to take it to highways which I will be doing next week. Hope the drive won't disappoint me. Particularly, I have just returned from the US after 5 years of extensive Freeway driving on my Lexus ES300. So, let's hope ANHV stands up to the occassion and receives applause from me and my wifey.

By the way, this is my first post in the forum after being a silent observer for the past 1 year.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:43   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdev View Post
Folks, I got my Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX Petrol Sleek Silver delivered day before yesterday from Hyundai Motor Plaza, Chennai. 9.5L OTR.
Congratulations Rajdev for the Verna and Welcome to Team BHP! What a way to enter Team BHP.

Very rarely you will see people buying petrol cars nowadays. I personally prefer petrol cars too.

Please do start your own ownership thread with loads of pics.
Old 10th June 2011, 15:53   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on becoming the proud owner of the Fluidic Verna 1.6 SX Petrol

Quote:
I'm yet to take it to highways which I will be doing next week. Hope the drive won't disappoint me. Particularly, I have just returned from the US after 5 years of extensive Freeway driving on my Lexus ES300. So, let's hope ANHV stands up to the occassion and receives applause from me and my wifey.
Since you have spent the last 5 years driving the Lexus ES300. comparisons would be obvious. However please bear in mind the two are completely different cars. Moreover the US freeways cannot be compared to the Indian highways.

Quote:
By the way, this is my first post in the forum after being a silent observer for the past 1 year.
Welcome home (both TBHP & India) & wish you have a very fruitful & long lasting relationship with both your car & TBHP
Old 10th June 2011, 16:05   #892
BHPian

Congratulations Rajdev, jk007, naren_kk, KPS for your wonderful cars.
Looks like, lot's of 'ANHV' on this forum, I am actually quite delighted.
So my initial judgment of 'ANHV' burning the sales chart becomes true.

Sales figures of 4000+ for May month depicts the popularity of this car so 'The King Returns'.

Rajdev, I am contemplating about buying a petrol 'ANHV' and since you are the first one, will eagerly wait for your inputs.
Old 10th June 2011, 16:10   #893
Senior - BHPian

To all Fluidic Verna owners

How is the sound quality of the stock ICE? How is output of the speakers? What brand is the ICE and the speaker are of? Do you think an upgrade is required? Also, is there any possibility of adding stuff to the stock ICE, such as bass tube, amps and all?
Old 10th June 2011, 16:29   #894

Thanks for your wishes ajay_satpute and AutoIndian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post

Congratulations Rajdev for the Verna and Very rarely you will see people buying petrol cars nowadays. I personally prefer petrol cars too.
Initially, I was inclined towards the Diesel version of the car. Later, after some analysis, I went for the Petrol version. Primarily, there were 3 reasons for this decision.

1. My office is not too far away from my house and hence I don't drive more than 25 kms a day. Max 1000 kms a month including long drives. With that as a base, did some rough calculations and found that it would take me around 4 years to break-even for the extra money I will shell out on Diesel version (Rs. 1.25L ). Since I'm planning to change this car after 4 years and, considering the cost of petrol car maintenance for the first 4 years being cheaper than the diesel version, petrol won this round.

2. Me and my wifey took test drive of both Petrol and Diesel versions and both of us were able to immediately decide that we have to go for the Petrol version as it was super quiet and super smooth. Diesel, though much better than the competitors, was not as smooth and quiet as the petrol. We could see our Lexus quality of quietness and smoothness in the Petrol car.

3. When I booked the car, the waiting period for Petrol was 2 weeks and for Diesel, it was 2 months. I wanted to enjoy the car ASAP. Can't really wait for long without a car after coming back from US. When I got the car delivered couple of days ago, I checked on the waiting period. Right now, for Petrol, it is approximately 4-6 weeks and for Diesel, it is 6 months. Not sure how far this is true. The sales manager told this. They say, 15000 bookings for ANHV has been received already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

Since you have spent the last 5 years driving the Lexus ES300. comparisons would be obvious. However please bear in mind the two are completely different cars. Moreover the US freeways cannot be compared to the Indian highways.
You are correct. Everything I saw in ANHV, I immediately compared it with my Lexus. I shouldn't have done that. However, I can say for sure, I'm really very happy with the way India has progressed in the Cars industry in the past 5 years. Hyundai can easily sell this beauty in US. It looks awesome and has all the goodies that most of the US cars possess. And yes, I'm almost positive that I'm going to end up having a bumpy ride on our highways. So, I'm keeping my expectations lower to avoid disappointment.
Old 10th June 2011, 17:13   #895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Right now, for Petrol, it is approximately 4-6 weeks and for Diesel, it is 6 months. Not sure how far this is true. The sales manager told this. They say, 15000 bookings for ANHV has been received already.
6 months and 15000 bookings was going through ownership thread and this thread on a regular basis and seriously contemplating on booking ANHV couple of months later since wanted to decrease loan component. However 6 months!! , guess can book now and worry about saving money for downpayment later.
Old 10th June 2011, 17:21   #896
BHPian

Been seeing lots of ANHV on road these days. It really stands out much more than what the pics convey. Especially the swoop lines (that for a moment look like ones in C class), the tail lamps, near vertical doors - and not curved like the old Verna and of course the front.

Like I read in the BSM review, the Vento does look a bit old in design and styling as opposed to ANHV.
Old 10th June 2011, 18:05   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked on the waiting period. Right now, for Petrol, it is approximately 4-6 weeks and for Diesel, it is 6 months.
A dealer in Mumbai claims 2 weeks and 3 months respectively. Of course, I expect the booking to keep piling, and with that, some cancellations. Great... I have my eyes on the AT
Old 10th June 2011, 22:13   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaynaphade View Post
Sales figures of 4000+ for May month depicts the popularity of this car so 'The King Returns'.
Yes with 4000+ sales it is indeed "the return of the king".

However if you look at the options
1) 1.4L Petrol
2) 1.6L Petrol
3) 1.6L Petrol AT
4) 1.4L Diesel
5) 1.6L Diesel
6) 1.6L Diesel AT

a 4000+ booking was very much expected.

This is a similar game earlier played with I-10. I car numerous variants. And it paid them big time.

Last edited by oxyzen : 10th June 2011 at 22:14.
Old 11th June 2011, 13:05   #899
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got the news that diesel new deliveries will start after September. Waiting period for diesels will now exceed 5 months as engines need to come from Korea. The Diesel SX variant is in very high demand. You will see that at the dealership the SE will avoid you if you want to book a diesel now!

For people who run below 1000 kms per month should seriously consider the petrol option.

Cheers

KPS
Old 11th June 2011, 16:01   #900
Senior - BHPian

Now I just hope it doesn't go the Vento waits with really long wait times turning off buyers. I expected the Diesel and the Diesel SX variants to be the most sought after variants

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks