Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2011, 12:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My White Ford Figo 1.4 TDCi Titanium

hearty congratulations Ram, wish you many a safe mile together!
Like someone already pointed out, the Figo looks smashing in white and red. I remember seeing some pics of a bhpians white Figo with white alloys, looked fabulous. I forget whose it was.
Do you have any observations/ experiences yet on the GC on speedbreakers/ bad roads?

Last edited by selfdrive : 11th May 2011 at 12:55.
Old 11th May 2011, 15:53   #17
Senior - BHPian

ramharis, Congratulations on your new acquisition. Figo looks very good in White. Initially I booked Figo (eventually bought Punto ) and opted for White.
Old 14th May 2011, 00:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Do you have any observations/ experiences yet on the GC on speedbreakers/ bad roads?
Had a few instances where there was scraping issues, but i think it was the mud flaps and not the under body itself. It happens only when the car is fully loaded (3+1 or 4+1), when riding single haven't come across such issues yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Congrats Ram! Figo defenitly looks best in white and red!

Regarding the headlamps, if you are not satisfied with the performance, why not try upgrading the lamps alone (may be 100/90 with relay?).
That is an option but the issue with these Ford Dealers are that the moment they see the extra wiring and headlamp change ,they would raise their hands and say warranty void. So what i had planned is to put in double barrel headlamps in a new set of headlights, and change them back to originals when i send the car for service, that way the service guys will not know.
The double barrel setup will have Projector headlamps for lowbeam and normal round ones for high beam (not good with photoshop so still trying to create the headlamp design).

Thanks
Ram
Old 14th May 2011, 02:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
.. That is an option but the issue with these Ford Dealers ...
... would raise their hands and say warranty void.
Hey Ram,

AFAIK, 100/90 doesn't need a relay in the Figo, IKON or the Fiesta. The OE wiring and the holder can handle the head and current.
Old 14th May 2011, 06:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs
Hey Ram,

AFAIK, 100/90 doesn't need a relay in the Figo, IKON or the Fiesta. The OE wiring and the holder can handle the head and current.
Yes, but I agree with Ram that for even the smallest of things, the Ford dealers warn that warranty will be void. During my Figo TD I was told that my warranty will be void if I put aftermarket alloys or stronger headlamp bulbs. It may also be an issue with SA training quality. It is best to confirm with the manager
Old 16th May 2011, 20:43   #21
BHPian

Checked with Service guys yesterday and he did say that changing the bulb would void warranty because the reflectors were made to withstand the heat from a 55/60, since a 100/90 produces more heat it the reflector would get heatboils. The other thing he said was "if you change the wiring for headlamps then, warranty will be void for the whole electric system in the car", personally i think he was trying to scare me on that.

Any part that does not come fitted with the car or from the Ford dealers would void warranty, in other words all the parts/accessories that are available with them (Ford Dealers) were tested and signed off from Ford.

Ram
Old 16th May 2011, 21:57   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... because the reflectors were made to withstand the heat from a 55/60, since a 100/90 produces more heat it the reflector would get heatboils....
I know Figo's running with even 130 bulbs, with absolutely no issues. For a Swift though, it would fade the outer clear casing.

I think he was trying to scare you. And seeing the attitude of the SA, I would think twice before doing something that even mildly affects the warranty.
Old 30th May 2011, 13:51   #23
BHPian

Got my first service done and it costed me Rs.1408. I could say that the service was satisfactory, they attended to all my complaints. Got the wheels alignments done free as well beause it was not done when the alloys were installed.

They put some polish on the dashboard and on the door trims, which made the car smell different (not good though). Asked SA why and they said its to protect the dashboard and door trims from fading (not a job well done there). Is that useful, I mean does that really protect the dash and door ?

Ram
Old 30th May 2011, 14:00   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats for reaching your first mile stone. Wheel alignment is free in any case in your free service period. I think they'll charge you only for the weights in case they had to add any
Old 21st June 2011, 14:59   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Did not pay for the floor mats, they were provided as a free among the others i had mentioned. The driver side mat already has started out in one place within a month.

The alloys (ford sales team calls Platinum Black) costed me 18K and was the only one in that color. all the others were 3 silver ones and one chrome (5 spoke), did not go well with a white car.

all the silver ones costs 16K
Chrome costs 24K (i think)

will try to get pics of all the other alloys, took photo of all but not sure where i put them in the system.
Hi Ram,

The alloys in your car are nice. When i booked the car, i didn't find this in the show room. Can you please let me know the part number and name given in the bill for the alloy?

Regards
Devakumar
Old 28th June 2011, 11:27   #26
BHPian

hi sorry for the late reply. Congrats on the new car.

Iam still not back home yet. Once iam back will check it and post it. Where have you booked your car because mql does not seem to have this alloy when i bought the car. I bought my car at chennai ford and they had this alloys in display. They said the color is platinum black. You can call chennai ford at arumbakkam branch and enquire. I will be back home on thursday will post the part #.

Ram
Sent from mobile
Old 15th July 2011, 12:05   #27
BHPian

I got the car from MPL Taramani and they had very limited option for Alloy. I also visited MPL Nandanam and i was shown a similar Alloy. I will check with Chennai Ford also.

Meantime, if you get a chance, please let me know the part number.

Thanks
Deva
Old 15th July 2011, 12:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Congrats for reaching your first mile stone. Wheel alignment is free in any case in your free service period. I think they'll charge you only for the weights in case they had to add any
Might be, you confused with Wheel Alignment and Balancing.
For Alignment, There is no need for Alumunium Weights.
For Balancing, You need it though.
Old 9th December 2011, 04:29   #29
BHPian

Quote:
hi sorry for the late reply. Congrats on the new car.

Iam still not back home yet. Once iam back will check it and post it. Where have you booked your car because mql does not seem to have this alloy when i bought the car. I bought my car at chennai ford and they had this alloys in display. They said the color is platinum black. You can call chennai ford at arumbakkam branch and enquire. I will be back home on thursday will post the part #.

Ram
Sent from mobile

Hi Ram

Your Figo looks great. i have also booked the same color in the titanium trim.I was happy to know that the new models come factory fitted with Alloys and Fog lamps /USB cable.I was just wondering how the car is doing and also if you have encountered a lot of trouble with scrapping the bottom. It seems to be a nice no nonsense car barring the slight niggles which other owners have reported.I am supposed to get the car in 1-2 weeks.
Old 10th December 2011, 18:05   #30
BHPian

Congrats on your new Figo. It looks great!!!
Just noticed your point on the brake dust. I experienced the same on my figo when it was new. At 1st service the brake pads were changed due to abnormal brake noise and after that I havent noticed the brake dust issue. I guess you can ask for a brake pad change during 1st service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks