Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:26   #46
BHPian

Re: '95 118 NE Practicality wins over heart and mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Can I paint my car black after dulling the existing paint?
A shining black 118 NE would look awesome provided you fit chrome parts as Ilango rightly pointed out especially the door handles. The earlier versions of the NE had chromed door handles, and later models had matt black finish handles. I am not at all familiar with Photoshop, else would have tried experimenting! All the best!

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:38   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilangop View Post
Black colored 118NE without any tinted glass, alloy wheels, Chrome or aluminium strips for the windows. Mmmm, would look awesome.
But if you want a shortcut job, just scrub off little of old paint and give a coat of black then be prepared to see traces of underlying blue paint over an year or two. You can find such traces especially at sharp corners and near the glass beadings.
Thanks Ilango! I am surely no mug with paint jobs. I have heard many say, in case of color change some colors can be painted on top of some colors and for some its not possible. So was just checking out. How about stripping paint only at the areas that are sharp like you pointed and the rest of the car, just dull it? Or is there a better way to do it, without stripping the whole paint?
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:38   #48
BHPian

Your Earthquake will become a killer 118 NE in Bangalore

Check the pictures, Hope you are looking to make your car a killer 118 NE?
Attached Thumbnails
'95 118 NE Practicality wins over heart and mind-01_lada_vaz_2105_tuning.jpg  

'95 118 NE Practicality wins over heart and mind-ladaside.jpg  

ilangop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:47   #49
Senior - BHPian

^^ Haha! Not to that extent Illango. Both of the above look like scale models to me. They have over done a bit too much. I would want to simply paint it black + a good spoiler + may be a front air scoop. If not a two tone paint job like the one in your first pic.
funkykar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:52   #50
BANNED

Dear Karthik Makam:

Your NE runs on lpg and Petrol or diesel? Is the performance in diesel as good as lpg?
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:58   #51
Senior - BHPian

^ It runs both on LPG and Petrol. Also, it can on kerosene too. Haven't tried diesel as older cars pollute more on diesel
Old 22nd June 2011, 13:59   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
^ It runs both on LPG and Petrol. Also, it can on kerosene too. Haven't tried diesel as older cars pollute more on diesel
What mixture of Kerosene can be mixed in petrol? Hope it wont harm the headers installed..
EARTHed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

To start with, try 80% petrol + 20% kerosene. Slowly increase the mixture to 50:50. The low end torque would be awesome. Coupled with the headers, only 3rd and 4th gear will suffice 80% of city driving in Bangalore. Nowadays, I stopped using it as this also causes lot of pollution.

Will something happen to the headers and engine? Why would anything happen? More likely, our old machines have seen so much of adulterated fuel till date and would be attuned to it.
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:06   #54
BANNED

^^Thanks for the detailed info.

Ideally an engine designed for a particular fuel, say in this case - Petrol, no other fuel should be used. This affects the lubrication in the valves.

In older days Auto rick's used to mix Kerosene. This is illegal.

Even lpg is considered to shorten the life of an petrol engine. It reduces power too. And only petrol engines are compatible for lpg and not diesel engines. My seniors advice not to use lpg. But thats ok i guess.
Old 22nd June 2011, 14:39   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
My seniors advice not to use lpg. But thats ok i guess.
In principle LPG is mixed with filtered air, before entering the combustion chamber. The compressed fuel needs to be ignited by the spark plug.
First of all Diesel engine will compress the LPG/air mixture to such an extent that it may get ignited automatically, and result in an undesired explosion. Same might happen with petrol in a Diesel engine. Still if that hadnt happened, there is a spark plug missing in the Diesel engine. So no power.

As for mixing kerosene in petrol or running petrol engine with Kerosene, hope you guys remember the Jawa / Yezdi fuel tanks had 2 chamber. One for petrol and other for kerosene. You can also find gensets where you start on pterol and run with kerosene. Only the black smoke with kerosene is the difference, which might require frequent cleaning of sparkplugs. Yet personally I prefer to run a petrol vehicle on petrol only, leaving away the short term and long term effects on the engine parts & environment.
ilangop is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks