Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2011, 23:56   #31
BHPian

Re: BMW X1 JOY Unplanned!!! X1-20d, a First on Team-BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeSan27 View Post
abishek, no its not that one. I don't have rights to send PMs on the forum as yet.

The fuel consumtion shows 8.4, in Bangalore city traffic, I have not checked accuracy.

Reset the fuel consumption meter. Change to Sports mode+ Hard acceleration +Pedal to the metal, in a span of just 1 km , how much does it now show?
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:45   #32
BHPian

abishek2222: Congratulations on your X1!

Some may find it quirky, but I really like the design of the X1.

I think white suits this car well, so you perhaps wouldn't miss the choice of colours for the CE.

Just gave your thread a 5-star rating. Hope you post your experiences regularly and I would also like to know more about your driving impressions since you seem to be travelling quite a bit.

Mileage seems to be a tad low. Hopefully it may go up.

I see that the X1 does not have the same shift as the other BMWs. Is it the same way for all X1s, not just the CE?

Cheers!
Old 3rd July 2011, 16:18   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
Reset the fuel consumption meter. Change to Sports mode+ Hard acceleration +Pedal to the metal, in a span of just 1 km , how much does it now show?
I'll have to wait for couple of thousand kms before I think of trying that. But why would you be worried about fuel consumption in this case anyway?
Old 4th July 2011, 06:33   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeSan27 View Post
I'll have to wait for couple of thousand kms before I think of trying that.
Ok
Air con problem solved setting now remains. used the other spare key for the first time, then the usual key fob, now i guess the settings are being stored.
Old 5th July 2011, 12:10   #35

Hey Abhishek... thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Bimmer. I was getting one but found no Indian reviews. One starts relying on team-bhp reviews so much, that it's quite crippling when nothing is available. I'm getting my X1 20d tomorrow. During the test drive I found the steering shocking at low speeds. I guess that's something I will need to get used to. What really got my goat though, is that last Friday, BMW launched the X1 20d Efficient Dynamics with a new engine, that ups the mileage to 22.3 kms/l!! (They have lowered the power output to 163 bhp though). The car is apparently due in India next year. Crap **** damn etc. After sleeping over the decision of whether to postpone the purchase or just go for it, irrationality won out and the cars being delivered tomorrow. Hope to bump into you (not literally) on Bangalore roads! Happy trails!
Old 5th July 2011, 18:34   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodboid View Post
During the test drive I found the steering shocking at low speeds.
After sleeping over the decision of whether to postpone the purchase or just go for it, irrationality won out and the cars being delivered tomorrow.
The steering is probably the worst part of the car. especially when you have to reverse into a parking space.How long ago was the car booked.Strongly recommend you get the Vkool at Richmond road done instead of 3M that Navnith motors is selling.Also very strongly recommend that you get Custom moulded beige mats instead of the original Bmw black rubber mats which are more expensive at 9,000.The black mats don't match a beige interior if thats what you have opted for.

Added a picture of an X1 mod ( After Market) i found else where,Just in case anyone would like to get rear screens fixed on the X1.The OEM BMW screens are an eyesore with wires sticking right out making them really out of place.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW X1 JOY Unplanned!!! X1-20d, a First on Team-BHP-405217_large.jpg  

Last edited by abishek2222 : 5th July 2011 at 18:39.
abishek2222 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 22:09   #37

Thanks for the info on the car film!

I have not yet opted for the extended service warranty (I noticed you mentioned that you opted for the 5 years 60K kms). Do you think it's worth it? I've been running a Honda City for the last 5 years without a shred of issues with the car. My usage is pretty low, in the last 5 years I've done only 35500 kms. Do you think considering my usage I should look at getting the extended service warranty?

I have opted for the beige interiors. Your suggestion for the beige aftermarket mats is great advice. I won't be putting in the video screens because I'll be damned if I let anyone drive the car.

Any feedback you have on the extended warranty will be greatly appreciated!
Old 5th July 2011, 22:10   #38

Sorry, forgot to mention that I booked the car last Wednesday. They had the color I wanted in stock and are delivering it tomorrow.
Old 5th July 2011, 23:25   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info on the car film!

I have not yet opted for the extended service warranty (I noticed you mentioned that you opted for the 5 years 60K kms). Do you think it's worth it?

Any feedback you have on the extended warranty will be greatly appreciated!

My rates where the following for Vkool : Vk-70 for the front 9.7 rear 7.7 Vk 40 for the Sides 12.5 total 34,200.Note two side films where replaced the next day after they developed bubbles.Talk to Ms divya try to get at least the same or better rates.

As for the extended warranty i guess a Honda is a Honda Zero maintenance.most people here recommend that you take the extended warranty as i think if you do develop a problem you would have to pay through your nose.Based on the service interval itself the Brake pads need replacement at about 40,000 km which advances with your driving style.i brought mine to 34,000 km already.do check how much they cost.i think this is one very difficult question to answer thats best left to you.Take it if you ask me or ideally search most BMW threads here.As for me i just wanted that piece of mind for the next 5 years.you might as well take it and be at peace. I feel owning a beemer is rather an expensive affair not the same as owning a Honda.

As for the mat its called 3D mat it's available at Hot tracks its on the one way between airport road and Richmond road. guy has a pathetic attitude.
its a molded exact custom fit.would have bought it had i not bought the mats from navnit first.Check them out below.Don't let him con you into a sun film install either.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1995917
abishek2222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2011, 17:37   #40

Just got the car. Drove it back to the office and was quite pleasantly surprised as to how quickly one gets used to driving it. Being mentally prepared for a stiff steering helps.

I completely get your point about the extended service and warranty. The Honda known for it's reliability, would be a poor yardstick here. I think I'll go for the 5 yr extended. The service guy told me that changing the oil costs 25K and that 90% of the owners go for an extended contract.

Tomorrow I will go shopping for the floor mats!

Thanks for your time and very helpful tips.
Old 6th July 2011, 20:06   #41
BHPian

Congratulations Abishek and Goodboid! It'll be fun to follow both your reviews of the X1. How about a teaser pic of your X1 here Goodboid?
Old 7th July 2011, 12:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the ride, Abishek! Been folllowing the other thread you had in the 'What Car?' section so it's nice to see the final outcome!

Your X1 looks great in white and the tints compliment it nicely. It took me a while, but I've started really liking the design of the X1.

Nice write up and pics, keep updating this thread!

Cheers!
Old 12th July 2011, 17:14   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudMover View Post
Congratulations Abishek and Goodboid! It'll be fun to follow both your reviews of the X1. How about a teaser pic of your X1 here Goodboid?
Hey. Didn't quite realize that buying a BMW would be this embarrassing! My friends are all giving me a tough time with it. "Oh, you've become a big shot now" "I'm sure you're not going to take our calls anymore" etc etc. Ugh! Sick of it! So you can imagine my reluctance to walk around the car and be seen taking pictures! I would never be able to live it down. Having said that, I'll give it my best and sneak a few pics.

A quick observation about the Bimmer. There is NO WAY you will NOT find a comfortable driving position in this car. It's just not possible. The steering allows for rake and reach, and the seats give you enough options to get completely engulfed and feel like you're part of the car. However the lag from when you press down on the accelerator to when the car finally reacts (after a second) is rather annoying. I'm trying to learn my way around the manual override by downshifting in Sports/Manual mode, but it doesn't feel intuitive.

It's easy enough driving in Bangalore traffic, just take your foot of the brake (in Drive mode) and the car starts rolling. So in stop/start traffic it's easy to inch along. I've not yet had any time to take the car out for a long drive, but I hope to remedy that this weekend!
Old 12th July 2011, 19:25   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey. Didn't quite realize that buying a BMW would be this embarrassing! My friends are all giving me a tough time with it. "Oh, you've become a big shot now" "I'm sure you're not going to take our calls anymore" etc etc. Ugh! Sick of it! So you can imagine my reluctance to walk around the car and be seen taking pictures! I would never be able to live it down.
Poor baby. How cruel it must be to be a BMW owner. I pity you

Quote:
It's easy enough driving in Bangalore traffic, just take your foot of the brake (in Drive mode) and the car starts rolling. So in stop/start traffic it's easy to inch along. I've not yet had any time to take the car out for a long drive, but I hope to remedy that this weekend!
goodboid, that is a standard feature on any AT. The torque takes the car along without really needing to accelerate like you would in a manual. It's a little disconcerting if you're a first time AT user!
And what on earth are you doing, keeping the tiger caged like that? Please take the X1 on her first long drive and post pics and a report, pronto!
Old 12th July 2011, 23:19   #45
BHPian

What a car, absolute beauty. Absolute WOW! Nice colour too. What do you do by the way? :P

Most Viewed