Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2011, 11:27   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW X1 JOY Unplanned!!! X1-20d, a First on Team-BHP

abhishek,

If there is a sport mode, or S mode, it should help you in a better start up.

Regards,
Old 26th June 2011, 11:41   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Abhishek! The X1 is quite a looker, though am surprised to hear that the rear seating is so poor. Your mileage sounds really low for a diesel, maybe you should get it checked? I don't think driving style is the reason behind your poor mileage, especially since you are seeking help taking off at signals .

BTW does your Bimmer have a manual override on the AT box (paddles/tiptronic)? You can probably use that to take off better from standstill. Slotting in S mode with your foot planted to the floor should also work, just be careful not to hit anyone else!
Old 26th June 2011, 11:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I don't think driving style is the reason behind your poor mileage, especially since you are seeking help taking off at signals .

BTW does your Bimmer have a manual override on the AT box (paddles/tiptronic)? You can probably use that to take off better from standstill. Slotting in S mode with your foot planted to the floor should also work
Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
abhishek,
If there is a sport mode, or S mode, it should help you in a better start up.
I use the sports mode but its just that, with the manual you can i guess rev the engine and let the clutch go the instant you want. here i am sitting idle, the only thing i can do is to kickdown the pedal when the signal turns green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
I see your car between the old Airport Road and Marathahalli. if you see a black Skoda flashing lights, its me!

thats me .
Old 29th June 2011, 08:33   #19
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Abhishek. That’s indeed a smart looking number! Enjoy the JOY!
And thanks for the balanced review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
The Corona rings remain on the CE( I cant seem to find any on my car)as per company specs
Sorry, I did not quite get this. Does the CE have the famed Corona rings?
Old 29th June 2011, 08:53   #20
BHPian

Fot the firsdt time I like the BMWX1 . I saw it in other colours and it never looked this good . Looks pretty awesome in white . DOnt want to make you feel bad but do you think its worth the 30 lakhs . Would a sedan or a fortuner have been a better deal ? Do you feel that way . Do you think BMW is over charging for the brand name ?
Old 29th June 2011, 19:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Sorry, I did not quite get this. Does the CE have the famed Corona rings?
Sorry about that, initially prior to booking as per pdf specs on the bmw site prior to launch, i was under the impression that the corona rings where there on the Corp edition.
After Delivery i find the CE does not come with corona rings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamkhadse View Post
but do you think its worth the 30 lakhs . Would a sedan or a fortuner have been a better deal ? Do you feel that way . Do you think BMW is over charging for the brand name ?

A sedan wasn't what i was looking for.maybe yes the Superb is value for money so on and so forth, as for the fortuner as i said earlier, sheer road presence enough to scare the living daylights out of anybody.but then it wasn't value for money to me considering the interiors. a 4x4 i wouldn't really use and the toyota badge spending 26L.. X1 was what i decided i liked more.
As for overcharging maybe just a wee bit.
Old 29th June 2011, 20:28   #22
BHPian

Congrats Abhishek,
It looks great in white. Before X Trail I almost had finalized X1, but long waiting and no specific information before launch put off interest.
What is your observation regarding NVH levels as one of friend was complaining comparing 3 (he has both)
Is it possible to have ce with factory fitted xenons as optional?
Old 29th June 2011, 22:09   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raosaheb Desai View Post
What is your observation regarding NVH levels as one of friend was complaining comparing 3 (he has both)
Is it possible to have ce with factory fitted xenons as optional?
NVH levels i guess are a bit more than whats on the 3 series as i believe that the X1 has skipped on some dampening on the engine compartment, according to what i read on other international reviews of the car prior to booking, However the NVH is bare audibly inside, outside the car the disesl crdi trademark sound is loud enough.Since i haven't tried out the 3 except for a test drive can't comment on a comparison.No not possible to get xenons factory fitted unless its done by the Dealer post delivery.
Old 30th June 2011, 14:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Abishek, Heartiest Congratulations on the unplanned Joy, its good to see that the review is finally up. Thanks also for your feedback over PM which was very useful for me

Have fun with your X1, I think its a decent crossover & worth the price for the Bimmer badge. I wish the steering was lighter!

Last edited by suman : 30th June 2011 at 14:17.
Old 30th June 2011, 15:41   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
I use the sports mode but its just that, with the manual you can i guess rev the engine and let the clutch go the instant you want. here i am sitting idle, the only thing i can do is to kickdown the pedal when the signal turns green.
What you need is a SPRING BOOSTER. Its a rather inexpensive and simple device/mod. Tried and tested by a few Bhpians too. It removes the delay and makes the accelerator paddle more responsive. Had researched it a few years ago but didn't feel a need for it, although during my research I did not find a single complaint. Google it or search around the forums a BHPian had it on his 520d.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 17:56   #26
BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase Abhishek! It's sure is a stunner. Did you contemplate buying a 3 series/Merc C class/Audi A4 before deciding on the X1? Also, you have mentioned that it does not have reverse camera. What about parking sensors at rear? Are those provided? If not, can they be added as aftermarket fit? Are you planning to get them?
Old 1st July 2011, 14:50   #27
BHPian

Abishek, Congrats on the purachse! We also got ours X1 about a week back.

About the air recirculation setting, I think the last used setting is saved with the key used. So if you use the same key next time, it should be on, I think.

You reported FE seems low, haven't really checked our for now. Lets see.
Old 1st July 2011, 17:32   #28
Team-BHP Support

Dude, congratulations on your BMW! The vehicle, especially in white looks stunning; I lusted for it immensely when I first saw it in BMW, Gurgaon.

PS : Were in Whitefield today - around 2pm, near the Raymond shop in front of Sai Baba Hospital? As a habit, when I look at cars, I first check the bumpers for stickers. I saw a BMW X1 while in the bus and although I didn't find any stickers, the reg. no. caught my attention and I was certain I'd read it here.
Old 1st July 2011, 18:27   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeSan27 View Post
About the air recirculation setting, I think the last used setting is saved with the key used. So if you use the same key next time, it should be on, I think.
The same setting remains only if you turn off the a/c before turning the engine off. i use the same key always

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsherlock View Post
Did you contemplate buying a 3 series/Merc C class/Audi A4 before deciding on the X1 What about parking sensors at rear? Are those provided?
No other, except for the Fortuner!
It does have audible rear parking sensors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
PS : Were in Whitefield today - around 2pm, near the Raymond shop in front of Sai Baba Hospital?

Yes was me , haven't stuck the stickers on as yet.
Old 2nd July 2011, 20:56   #30
BHPian

abishek, no its not that one. I don't have rights to send PMs on the forum as yet.

The fuel consumtion shows 8.4, in Bangalore city traffic, I have not checked accuracy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks