Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2011, 14:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Hey how much did you get the Kagu 3D Mats for?
Old 16th May 2011, 14:36   #17
BHPian

Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Hello Anil, thats a great post! Congrats on getting your car! I'm sure you are enjoying it to the fullest and your legs dont hurt any more

The best thing I like about Vento is the looks.. very clean and elegant, just cant admire it enough. And would you mind letting us know the price of the CASKA unit and the contact #? I too want to fit one in the Polo. I'm thinking of either a Caska or Witson. Also could you share contact details of the dealer for Kagu mats?

Also I didnt understand what in Honda city you didnt like? What did you mean by flimsy sheet metal?
Old 16th May 2011, 15:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Hey how much did you get the Kagu 3D Mats for?
Hey Zohaib,
I paid 4.5k for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Hello Anil, thats a great post! Congrats on getting your car! I'm sure you are enjoying it to the fullest and your legs dont hurt any more

The best thing I like about Vento is the looks.. very clean and elegant, just cant admire it enough. And would you mind letting us know the price of the CASKA unit and the contact #? I too want to fit one in the Polo. I'm thinking of either a Caska or Witson. Also could you share contact details of the dealer for Kagu mats?

Also I didnt understand what in Honda city you didnt like? What did you mean by flimsy sheet metal?
Thanks for your feedback. I am enjoying it, for sure. It becoming more of a necessity in Bombay's maddening traffic.

I loved the looks of the Vento ever since it came in the market. Then came the fabulous marketing campaign.

I have not been able to source the Caska unit, hence am clueless myself about the price. Am not sure about Witson too. The Caska Dealer details are as follows:

MATRIX CORPORATION
7 REGAL MARBLE COMPOUND,
GUZDAR BANDH ROAD,
SANTACRUZ – WEST
MUMBAI – 400054
PH : 9987554535 / 022-26603014

The Dealer for 3D Kagu Mats is at Opera House behind Panchratna building. The name of the shop is Car Point. Tel. No. 022-3824951.

The feel & thickness of the body in the Honda City is what i did not like, felt very very thin & flimsy. Very Marutiish. The Test drive car had a couple of very unpleasant dents. Just did not feel good. But then its purely my personal opinion.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 16th May 2011 at 15:41. Reason: typos
Old 16th May 2011, 16:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Hey Zohaib,

The Dealer for 3D Kagu Mats is at Opera House behind Panchratna building. The name of the shop is Car Point. Tel. No. 022-3824951.

The feel & thickness of the body in the Honda City is what i did not like, felt very very thin & flimsy. Very Marutiish. The Test drive car had a couple of very unpleasant dents. Just did not feel good. But then its purely my personal opinion.
I guess there is a digit missing in the phone number for Kagu?

OK thanks for the feedback! I agree it seems to have a lighter body..
Old 16th May 2011, 16:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
I guess there is a digit missing in the phone number for Kagu?

OK thanks for the feedback! I agree it seems to have a lighter body..
Ya sorry its 022-23824951.
Car Point
A. Gokhale Street,
Behind Panchratna Building
Opera House

Contact Person: Mr. Hitesh
Old 18th May 2011, 10:44   #21
BHPian

I had placed the order for the car cover but it was not it stock. I got a call that it was available & so i picked it up yesterday.

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-car-cover.jpg

Also, my OEM fabric seat covers were at their workshop after fitting the leather seats. They returned me those back too.

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-old-fabric-seat-covers.jpg

There's no doubt in my mind that the seat covers are simply superb. The overall feel & the fit and finish given by the Stanley guys is impeccable. Well worth it!

**EDIT**
Just need some advice on what leather protectors i can buy to maintain the seats & how often do i apply them. Thanks.

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-stanley.jpg

Only thing i want to do is to get an additional set of transparent mats as the Black Kagu mats seem to get dirty & get difficult to clean them multiple times a day.

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-another-view.jpg

Overall enjoying every moment of owning this beauty!

Last edited by anilkalvani : 18th May 2011 at 10:57. Reason: typos * Leather protector
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 12:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Lovely stuff there anilkalvani. Enjoyed every bit of your report.

First of all, hope your dad's doing well now. Health is everything. If he is even 50% well now, make him seat in the beauty and I guess he will feel 100% better.

Regarding your Vento, I really liked the seat covers. Stanley rocks! Ohh man...those Kagu 3D mats haunt me big time. I need them desperately and I am not sure whether they are available anywhere in Pune. Kagu mats look just perfect.

Vento is one heck of a good car. I have been through Anoop's thread and all his experiences and comparisons with the competitors are very much enlightening.

Enjoy the car to the fullest and hope you have a very long relationship with her. All the best!!!

P. S. Wishing all the best for your dad's recovery too.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 12:46   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post

Also, my OEM fabric seat covers were at their workshop after fitting the leather seats. They returned me those back too.

There's no doubt in my mind that the seat covers are simply superb. The overall feel & the fit and finish given by the Stanley guys is impeccable. Well worth it!

**EDIT**
Just need some advice on what leather protectors i can buy to maintain the seats & how often do i apply them. Thanks.

Only thing i want to do is to get an additional set of transparent mats as the Black Kagu mats seem to get dirty & get difficult to clean them multiple times a day.

Overall enjoying every moment of owning this beauty!
Congratulations on your German beauty and a nice review of your car. The Stanley seats are looking really awesome. I really agree with you that driving a manual in places like Sakinaka and Chakala can be frustrating. I dont mind sacrificing a few kmpl for an automatic'c convenience. I think the FE figures you are getting are pretty reasonable.

I wanted to know whether did you consider Sx4-AT as an option? Also what problems did you see with Honda-AT.
Old 18th May 2011, 13:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Lovely stuff there anilkalvani. Enjoyed every bit of your report.

First of all, hope your dad's doing well now. Health is everything. If he is even 50% well now, make him seat in the beauty and I guess he will feel 100% better.

Regarding your Vento, I really liked the seat covers. Stanley rocks! Ohh man...those Kagu 3D mats haunt me big time. I need them desperately and I am not sure whether they are available anywhere in Pune. Kagu mats look just perfect.

Vento is one heck of a good car. I have been through Anoop's thread and all his experiences and comparisons with the competitors are very much enlightening.

Enjoy the car to the fullest and hope you have a very long relationship with her. All the best!!!

P. S. Wishing all the best for your dad's recovery too.
Thanks Ajay for your wishes for my father. Appreciate it. And good that you liked my report. The seat covers, as i have been emphasizing, are really great. As far as Kagu Mats go, i think you can source it in Pune. Just need a little bit of searching. Anoop's thread was of great help to me too & helped me immensely in finalizing the Vento finally. Am enjoying every bit of the car & hope to have a trouble free experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Congratulations on your German beauty and a nice review of your car. The Stanley seats are looking really awesome. I really agree with you that driving a manual in places like Sakinaka and Chakala can be frustrating. I dont mind sacrificing a few kmpl for an automatic'c convenience. I think the FE figures you are getting are pretty reasonable.

I wanted to know whether did you consider Sx4-AT as an option? Also what problems did you see with Honda-AT.
Thanks Saanil. Automatics are the way to go in dense traffic to maintain your sanity. Fuel efficiency is secondary when you experience the comfort & convenience you get with an autobox. I did not consider SX4 for 2 reasons. 1 was the sheet metal thickness which was similar to the Honda City. Did not like it at all even though the car is heavy otherwise. Secondly, it has a basic 4-speed slushbox which did not appeal to me. As for as the Honda City AT goes, i have already mentioned my reasons in my buying experience. Soft suspension inherent in the Honda stable was the main culprit here.

Anil
Old 18th May 2011, 13:28   #25
J.Ravi

Congratulations and best wishes, anilkalvani. Nice to note that you have got 2 foldable keys with remote control. I remembered driving my daughter's VW Golf 2.0 Pacific TDI AT in Australia!

Old 18th May 2011, 13:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic post / thread Anil !! Kagu mat, stanley seat covers .. gosh your Vento could not have asked for more
Wish you many miles of happiness
Old 21st May 2011, 10:33   #27
BHPian

Took my beauty for an early morning drive today. I wasn't getting sleep, so i woke up wifey at 5 & told her that lets the beauty out for a spin. She thought i was mad, but relented. We drove from Bandra to town & i wanted to have breakfast but we ended up just having tea at Trattoria. Had fun again with the Tiptronic on the Sealink. The trip mileage i got was 10.3km/l because i was generously revving her due to the open roads. Took some pre & post dawn pictures too.

Still haven't decided on selling the Logan, but will take the call soon as we can't keep the i10 parked on the road outside.
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-logan.jpg

Still gets me admiring her all the time... What a beauty!
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-beauty.jpg

The Alloy design is really striking for an OEM one.
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-striking-alloy-design.jpg

The imposing logo just at the first break of sunlight.
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-vw-logo.jpg

Can't help admiring her. Promise this will be my last set of 'ogling' pics.
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-imposing-front.jpg

Mostly going for a day trip to Lonavla this weekend or Wednesday depending on when i get free. Will post F.E. figures as well as driving experience. Also have to set up my beauty for a date with my DSLR.
Old 21st May 2011, 11:39   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the brand new acquisition. Some great accessories and a flowing writeup makes this thread more enjoyable. Wish you many happy miles in your Vento.
Is that cover a tyvek one?
Any particular reason for an all white lineup?
Old 21st May 2011, 11:57   #29
BHPian

Fantastic report anilkalvani. Loved the first three pics of your car. Keep your pics coming in. I know exactly how it feels. In my case, I have not even seen the car in flesh. It has been delivered at home and I will get to see it only after a month or so. So I just keep ogling at the pics i have of her. Even though it does look exactly like the other Vento's , somewhere my own vento feels a little different from the rest.

Keep your pics coming in. The Stanley seat covers look fantastic, and the black KAGU mats are a perfect fit. I guess , I would get them from Opera house too. Do they normally have them in stock or would it have to be ordered through them?

Did you pick up the seat cover from the dealership itself?

Hey do keep us posted on the hunt for your new HU. I am eager to see what you get for yourself, as I have the same requirements as you , but like a few others , don't want to compromise the OEM look of the HU. So far, from all the threads, there has only been the Witson.

Wishing a speedy recovery to your father.
Old 21st May 2011, 15:47   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Congratulations and best wishes, anilkalvani. Nice to note that you have got 2 foldable keys with remote control. I remembered driving my daughter's VW Golf 2.0 Pacific TDI AT in Australia!
Thanks Ravi for your wishes. AFAIK most manufacturers do give 2 sets of remote foldable keys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Fantastic post / thread Anil !! Kagu mat, stanley seat covers .. gosh your Vento could not have asked for more
Wish you many miles of happiness
Thanks Sourav. Ya splurged on her big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Congrats on the brand new acquisition. Some great accessories and a flowing writeup makes this thread more enjoyable. Wish you many happy miles in your Vento.
Is that cover a tyvek one?
Any particular reason for an all white lineup?
Thanks blackasta. I don't think its the tyvek one, its the regular silver colour. It doesn't make sense in our building as we have many trees with bird droppings, etc falling on them. This regular silver cover serves her well.

About your white line-up observation, its been a long time since we've only bought white cars, except our Accent Viva in 2004. There are several reasons why we prefer white & continue with it.

- Easier to Maintain as in touch up, etc. especially in a City like Mumbai
- White still looks fresh after 2-3 years compared to other solids/metallics which when fade look very shabby. Plus, Metallics are only the best when they are right out from the factory, re-paint jobs aren't that great for metallic colours.
- Heat absorption

As you know, our i10 is white too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
Fantastic report anilkalvani. Loved the first three pics of your car. Keep your pics coming in. I know exactly how it feels. In my case, I have not even seen the car in flesh. It has been delivered at home and I will get to see it only after a month or so. So I just keep ogling at the pics i have of her. Even though it does look exactly like the other Vento's , somewhere my own vento feels a little different from the rest.

Keep your pics coming in. The Stanley seat covers look fantastic, and the black KAGU mats are a perfect fit. I guess , I would get them from Opera house too. Do they normally have them in stock or would it have to be ordered through them?

Did you pick up the seat cover from the dealership itself?

Hey do keep us posted on the hunt for your new HU. I am eager to see what you get for yourself, as I have the same requirements as you , but like a few others , don't want to compromise the OEM look of the HU. So far, from all the threads, there has only been the Witson.

Wishing a speedy recovery to your father.
Thanks for your wishes for my father. Appreciate it. The first 3 pics were all made out of passion for the car. You can call the Opera House dealer to check for the availability of the mats, i have posted his phone number.

Yes, i did get the seat covers done with the dealership itself as they had a tie up with Stanleys & due to shortage of time, i did not go directly to them.

I am on the lookout for a good HU but have been unsuccessful till now. The hunt is on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks