Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2011, 13:43   #61
BHPian

Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Well, those black seats are the best I have seen in a Vento. Looks like VW OEM seats in the Jetta and Passat. In the pictures itself it looks awesome .
If you don’t mind, can you please let me know what type of leather it is, and how much did it cost? And what’s the avg. FE you’re getting?
Thanks vb. I specifically told the Stanley guy to make the same Passat design. They did a good job of it.

I really don't know recall the type of leather. It cost me 40k incl. taxes. The avg F.E. i'm getting is between 9-11kmpl. All in the city.
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2011, 20:39   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

I agree, those black leathers really "make" the car. Stanley has done themselves proud.

I took the car to Mumbai over the weekend and was in weekend traffic crawls pretty much throughout. FE was a measly 7 kmpl or so (averaged out to 9 with e-way run thrown in). But I didn't care because I had a big smile sitting inside using only my right leg! Agree with anil, no regrets about this car!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2011, 14:51   #63
BHPian

Visited the showroom today to get a new car cover as the old one tore. So came across the accessory handler. Asked her if any new ICE system had come as i have long been contemplating the OEM. She introduced me to the Blaupunkt New York 800. she told me its for 40k + 3.5k additional for the reverse camera. when she gave me the pamphlet, it was written MRP 35,990/-

http://www.blaupunkt.de/index.php?id...fproducts2_pi1[view]=1562&no_cache=1&L=1

Buyback of the OEM is just 5,000. Anyway thinking of getting it by next week as i feel it would be a much better option than the Caska's & Witson's. Its powered by Mapmyindia, hope its good. Any feedback guys?

As i came home, i remembered that i had to ask for the Extended Warranty too. Bad Memory. Anyways, nothing eventful as such. Car is barely driven, i drive the Logan to work & Mom drives around the i10. Been using the car only at night.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 12th October 2011 at 14:54. Reason: typo
Old 12th October 2011, 19:13   #64
Senior - BHPian

This looks like a standard 2 DIN size, so you would need an facia adapter/plate for installation right?

I think there are other aftermarket 2 DIN options (Pioneer/JVC/Kenwood) also you can evaluate and you can get it for better price. As long as wires aren't tampered with during the installation, you would not have any issues with the warranty either. Just my opinion and thought I can share with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
She introduced me to the Blaupunkt New York 800. she told me its for 40k + 3.5k additional for the reverse camera.

Blaupunkt: Multimedia Navigation[view]=1562&no_cache=1&L=1
Old 13th October 2011, 12:22   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
This looks like a standard 2 DIN size, so you would need an facia adapter/plate for installation right?

I think there are other aftermarket 2 DIN options (Pioneer/JVC/Kenwood) also you can evaluate and you can get it for better price. As long as wires aren't tampered with during the installation, you would not have any issues with the warranty either. Just my opinion and thought I can share with you.
Thanks for your feedback Bala. I have still not decided, but am tilting towards this mainly due to the fit & finish that the showroom will offer plus there is no chance of warranty issues if its undertaken by them. In the meanwhile, got time to scan the flyer & posting it here.

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-blaupunkt1.jpg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-blaupunkt2.jpg

Some more literature about it from the Blaupunkt web-site:
http://www.blaupunkt.de/uploads/medi..._04_2011-e.pdf

FUNCTIONS:

Display:
6.2” digital TFT touch screen display
800 x 480 pixels
Wallpaper upload
Navigation
Prepared for Navigation (regional navigation variants via bundling with dedicated navigation data on Micro-SD) *

Data carrier:
DVD: DVD, +/-R, +/-RW, -ROM
CD: CD-DA, -ROM, -R/-RW
VCD: VCD
USB: Front and rear USB for Audio and Video (Standard A-type)
Memory cards: Front SDHC slot for Audio and Video

Media player:
Audio playback formats: MP3, WMA
Video playback formats: AVI, DivX®, MP4, MPEG, MPG, Xvid
Picture playback formats: JPEG, JPG

Bluetooth:
Built-in Bluetooth
Hands-free calling (HFP)
Phone book upload (PBAP)
2 microphones (built-in + external rear microphone)

Radio:
Wave bands: FM, AM (MW/LW)
Radio Data System (RDS)
Rear seat entertainment

Audio / Video:
Sources: DVD, VCD, CD, SDHC, SD, MMC, USB, AV-In

Inputs:
USB: Front and rear
iPod: iPod/iPhone direct control via front and/or rear USB
Memory cards: SDHC, SD, MMC
Audio / Video: 1 front A/V, 1 rear A/V

Rear view camera

Outputs:
Video/Audio-Out: 2 (CVBS) / 1
4 channel preamp-out
Sub-woofer: Sub-out

Equalizer:
Number of bands: 3
Model: parametric

Amplifier:
Max. power: 4 x 50 Watt
Sinus power at 14,4V: 4 x 22 Watt

General:
IR remote control included

* Availability of regional navigation variants on request.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 13th October 2011 at 12:26.
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 20:13   #66
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the details anilkalvani. I just looked up the specs in the blaupunkt site, this is standard 2 DIN size and hence we need to use a facia adapter for installation, it also provides you with the pre-outs (4) if you need to connect external amplifiers/sub woofers at a later stage. Looks pretty good to me.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 08:20   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback Bala. I have still not decided, but am tilting towards this mainly due to the fit & finish that the showroom will offer plus there is no chance of warranty issues if its undertaken by them. In the meanwhile, got time to scan the flyer & posting it here.
Hi Anil,

Even i've been contemplating getting this same unit. Best price i've got is 34k for it plus for the fascia adaptor + steering remote adaptor + reverse camera.

Let me know what your feedback research says and what price you are getting. OR let's buy together and bargain a bit more.

According to my research, the unit is good. But, i couldn't find anything on the MMI interface. How good is that any idea?
Old 19th October 2011, 11:10   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Hi Anil,

Even i've been contemplating getting this same unit. Best price i've got is 34k for it plus for the fascia adaptor + steering remote adaptor + reverse camera.

Let me know what your feedback research says and what price you are getting. OR let's buy together and bargain a bit more.

According to my research, the unit is good. But, i couldn't find anything on the MMI interface. How good is that any idea?
Hey Tejas,
I just spoke to the Accessories Lady at the VW West showroom. She confirmed the deal to me as follows:

------------------------------------
HU with installation + fascia --> 36k
Reverse Camera --> 5k
Buy back of OEM --> - 5k
Total Cost --> 36k

She had no idea of the steering remote adapter. Where did you get your quote? We can get it done together & save up. My only concern is that everything must be done neatly & professionally especially the rear view camera & also without the fear of losing out on warranty, hence i was tilted towards the showroom guys. But if your source is good, i'm in.

About the MMI interface, i spoke to a couple of guys in my industrial estate who are using it & they're pretty happy with it. Not seen it in person though.
Old 19th October 2011, 13:52   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
She had no idea of the steering remote adapter. Where did you get your quote? We can get it done together & save up. My only concern is that everything must be done neatly & professionally especially the rear view camera & also without the fear of losing out on warranty, hence i was tilted towards the showroom guys. But if your source is good, i'm in.

About the MMI interface, i spoke to a couple of guys in my industrial estate who are using it & they're pretty happy with it. Not seen it in person though.
THis was a rhyme and rhythm at cuffe parade. They are very good and professional.
However, if you worried about warrantee, stick with the showroom, the price difference is not much.
Old 19th October 2011, 20:55   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
THis was a rhyme and rhythm at cuffe parade. They are very good and professional.
However, if you worried about warrantee, stick with the showroom, the price difference is not much.
Just read up Rhyme & Rhythm on the recomendations thread, I think its a good place. But again Santacruz is nearer for me to follow up/drop/pick up the car. Also with a lot of hospital trips plus factory, its tough for me to travel afar. Will call tomorrow to finalise it. Also getting the car cover.

One quirk that I recently observed is a green powder formed at the chrome trims surrounding the air conditioner. Have to scratch it out. Any one observed the same? Any solutions?
Old 17th November 2011, 12:45   #71
BHPian

I have been very busy with work but finally took the plunge. Getting the HU changed. Have left the car at the VW Santacruz showroom. Will collect the car in the evening. Here are some pics which i clicked. More details later.

Unboxing
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-box.jpg

Price Tag
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-price-tag.jpg

Rear View Camera (Colour)
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-rvc.jpg

Front Facade
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-front-facade.jpg

Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-front-face-2.jpg

Removed Old HU
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-removed-old-hu.jpg

Lots of Wires
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-wires.jpg

Bluetooth Mic Position
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-bt-mic-position.jpg

More Pictures & a detailed report/review later after i use it.
Old 20th November 2011, 16:16   #72
BHPian

Quote:
I have been very busy with work but finally took the plunge. Getting the HU changed. Have left the car at the VW Santacruz showroom. Will collect the car in the evening. Here are some pics which i clicked. More details later.
Congratulations anilkalvani . You are lucky that your dealer didn't start quoting warranty issues and what not and is replacing your HU with this awesome new one. Both me and wife were drooling on the pics and features of your new HU which will not be surprising given that our Vento has the stock stone age one.

Will wait for your experience with the new HU. How I wish my dealer can offer the same HU as an upgrade. I guess at a point when I want that badly I will just go ahead and upgrade, warranty or no warranty
Old 21st November 2011, 09:22   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samarjitdhar View Post
Congratulations anilkalvani . You are lucky that your dealer didn't start quoting warranty issues and what not and is replacing your HU with this awesome new one. Both me and wife were drooling on the pics and features of your new HU which will not be surprising given that our Vento has the stock stone age one.

Will wait for your experience with the new HU. How I wish my dealer can offer the same HU as an upgrade. I guess at a point when I want that badly I will just go ahead and upgrade, warranty or no warranty
Thanks Samarjit. The dealer has a tie-up with Blaupunkt & i shall have no warranty void issues. Had a short run yesterday & i am impressed with whatever i have used, though a much more detailed review will follow after my trip to Goa this week. Here are a few pics i clicked yesterday.

Welcome Screen
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-welcome-screen.jpg

User Menu
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-selectable-options.jpg

Maps (Map My India)
Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report-maps.jpg

More to follow...
Old 21st November 2011, 18:52   #74
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer has a tie-up with Blaupunkt & i shall have no warranty void issues.
That's awesome. I guess you are lucky to have your VW dealer let you upgrade and still honor your warranty unlike the things being said by other VW dealers in the rest of India. This definitely looks worth the dough you have spent. I will be following your thread closely from now on. Please do keep posting your experience with this HU. Cheers.
Old 7th December 2011, 15:12   #75
BHPian

And today I am at the Blaupunkt Auth. Dealer at Auto Sonics (India) Pvt. Ltd. I am getting the OEM speakers upgraded to Blaupunkt along with 4-ch Amp & 10" Woofer. Now it will be complete & will do full justice to the New York Multimedia Sat Nav System. Hell Yeah!!!

Will post pics today or tomorrow!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks