Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2012, 21:22   #91
BHPian

Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Hi,

I've also installed Newyork 800 model in my vento.

can you please clarify my questions..

1. Does the system completely switches off when you pull out
the key (mine still has red light glowing)

2. If I switch off the running engine, the system keeps playing. Is it normal?

Thanks for your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
Hey Bala,
Blaupunkt had this custom fit model without the detachable face plate. This model NY800 looks like an OEM system. The protusion will look a bit el cheapo when you have other such good options IMO.

With regards to the tweeter position, no its not interfering with the airbags, maybe i photographed it from such an angle. My bad.
Old 19th February 2012, 14:50   #92
BHPian

Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by testing2000 View Post
Hi,

I've also installed Newyork 800 model in my vento.

can you please clarify my questions..

1. Does the system completely switches off when you pull out
the key (mine still has red light glowing)

2. If I switch off the running engine, the system keeps playing. Is it normal?

Thanks for your time.
Hey there, the answers to your queries.

1. Yes, the red light glows for a bit & fades out completely after a few seconds.

2. Yes, its perfectly normal.

The NY800 is a really great ICE system & is worth every penny IMO.
Old 20th February 2012, 05:56   #93
BHPian

Yes its really good component, in fact I've bought it after your review.

So after removing the key, the red light stays forever in my car, which means this may drain the battery..

I need to recheck the connectivity, thanks a lot.
Old 24th February 2012, 21:48   #94
Senior - BHPian

Hi Anil,

Quite brilliant writeup of your vento. Congrats on your ride.

I am also in the market for an AT Sedan and am contemplating the Vento. Its threads like yours that give lot of useful information to wannabe customers like me.

I had few noob question I hope you dont mind answering:
1. Hows the turning radius of the car?
2. How easy/difficult it is to reverse day to day or to park. On my i10 I use parking sensors and am very much used to them now.
3. Heard central locking doesnt lock all doors. Is it true or there something wrong with my understanding.

Much appreciate your responses. Thanks and enjoy your drive.
Old 24th February 2012, 22:08   #95
Senior - BHPian

Joslicx, Anil would be able to elaborate more on the AT part, I can put forward my thoughts as I drive Vento TDi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Vento is easy to maneuver with EPS and graduating from a hatchback to a sedan for initial few days would seems difficult but with time you would get used to. I previously used to drive Tata Indica, so Vento took some days to get used to but there ain't any problem.

Quote:
2. How easy/difficult it is to reverse day to day or to park. On my i10 I use parking sensors and am very much used to them now.
Even I have reverse parking sensors on Vento and they do help. You could even get rear camera installed which would even aid further in reversing, but with time you would get accustomed to parking Vento as easily as your i10.

Quote:
3. Heard central locking doesnt lock all doors. Is it true or there something wrong with my understanding.
Vento central locking does look all the doors from outside but they can opened from inside. Vento has child lock in rear doors to prevent opening up of rear doors accidentally by kids.
There is another feature, which is auto-lock at 15 Kmph, which locks the doors when Vento croses 15 Kmph.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 17:40   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anil,

Quite brilliant writeup of your vento. Congrats on your ride.

I am also in the market for an AT Sedan and am contemplating the Vento.
Hey Joslicx.
Thanks for your kind words. First and foremost, go get a test drive of all AT cars in your radar, consider all pro's & con's and then lastly refer owner threads here as most of us will be obviously be biased about our choices .

Honestly speaking, its all subjective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
Joslicx, Anil would be able to elaborate more on the AT part, I can put forward my thoughts as I drive Vento TDi.
Thanks El Lobo for answering the queries. Can you help me too. The autolock feature seems to be disabled/not active in my car. What should i do, any D-I-Y solution or i'll have to go to the Service Workshop?
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2012, 19:00   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you help me too. The autolock feature seems to be disabled/not active in my car. What should i do, any D-I-Y solution or i'll have to go to the Service Workshop?
Sorry Anil, for getting Auto-Lock activated you will need to go to the workshop, no DiY for it. Its just 5 min job. Workshop people will connect their VAS-COM machine to the connector below the steering wheel and activate it in just 2 clicks of mouse.
They would ask you to pay up for it as service charge, straightly refuse them stating it should been activated from beginning(aka deficiency in services). Workshop guys at KSM Motors Nerul, Navi Mumbai were asking Rs. 500 for it. They didn't get a penny from me.
I even got two more features activated other than autolock.
1. Auto-Unlock on removal of key from ignition.
2. Auto-Boot lock at 5 Kmph.
Old 25th February 2012, 19:35   #98
Senior - BHPian

I own a vento TDI, and since the questions you asked werent specific to the A/T variant, I hope you wouldnt mind me attempting to answer you

1 - 5.2m. Good enough, standard for any C segment sedan. But graduating from i10 you will initially find this to be a little bit of bother. You will get used to it in a while though.

2 - Very easy. Why do I say so? Refer my ownership thread, where I have posted pictures of my parking space. Straight lines on the vento makes it easy to judge the width. I have no sensors or camera's in my car, but you can add them to make your life more comfortable.

3 - Answered before, instead of 2 latches available in other cars, vento has only one latch and hence the concern.

Hope this helps.

Quote:

I had few noob question I hope you dont mind answering:
As el lobo has mentioned you need to get it done through the VAS system in the service center. I suggest you wait for the next scheduled service and get these done. In that way, you dont have to pay anything for getting these done.

Quote:
Thanks El Lobo for answering the queries. Can you help me too. The autolock feature seems to be disabled/not active in my car. What should i do, any D-I-Y solution or i'll have to go to the Service Workshop?
Its actually fuel tank lock and not boot lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
2. Auto-Boot lock at 5 Kmph.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2012, 01:31   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Its actually fuel tank lock and not boot lock
At the time of activation I was overseeing the Vas-Com machine, it was stated as boot lock at 5 Kmph. Was going through for various functions available on Vento but no mention of fuel tank lock on VAS.
Old 26th February 2012, 02:01   #100
BHPian

Just noticed something.

The Vento does not appear to have a seatbelt warning, or at least my TDI Highline does not display any such warning.

Is that the same with everybody or is it something that needs to be activated?
Old 26th February 2012, 09:48   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp
Just noticed something.

The Vento does not appear to have a seatbelt warning, or at least my TDI Highline does not display any such warning.

Is that the same with everybody or is it something that needs to be activated?
Vento does not have seatbelt warning! That's strange. You know something amazing. My dad just got his Brio 2 days back and he was one of them who never liked buckling up in the car (previously he had alto) but the Brio gives that annoying warning if u don't belt up so he has started wearing the belt everytime. Not just him, but my mom on the passenger seat as well. Ain't it wonderful!!
Old 26th February 2012, 10:55   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061
At the time of activation I was overseeing the Vas-Com machine, it was stated as boot lock at 5 Kmph. Was going through for various functions available on Vento but no mention of fuel tank lock on VAS.
I noticed this feature where you cannot open boot from inside while car is in motion. Maybe that is what the VAS was referring to. Awesome things, never advertised but very useful. Friend bought new verna and I could not find recess in boot to close it, have to dirty your hands to shut it from outside. Small things, but missing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani

Hey Joslicx.
Thanks for your kind words. First and foremost, go get a test drive of all AT cars in your radar, consider all pro's & con's and then lastly refer owner threads here as most of us will be obviously be biased about our choices .

Honestly speaking, its all subjective.

You are so right Anil, the options however are limited.
City, maybe expensive and slow shifting box. Should get good mileage though
Sx4, not tested its 4 box ever. Maruti service is a usp
Verna, looks, features, unsorted suspension and 4 speed box
Fiesta, should b a gud option and was on my list but strangely has not been launched so far
Rapid, good looks. Should be cheaper but ain't. A.s.s is issue
I m smitten by German products, and my options were already limited

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts. Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th February 2012 at 20:22. Reason: See note in post :)
Old 19th April 2012, 11:25   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Bala,
Blaupunkt had this custom fit model without the detachable face plate. This model NY800 looks like an OEM system. .
Anil Need one help from you. can you please measure the slot of the HU? I also installed NY800 in optra but i have gaps in between the slot and system. Now i need something to fill that gap. I got some jugad from one of our member but i want to see you what have they done in your system. Must be some plate they put in there. I also need the measurement on that.
Thanks
Aditya
Old 20th July 2015, 18:05   #104
BHPian

Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report

Revived the thread after a long time. Basically because of a problem.

I had gone to Mahabaleshwar on 6th July & back on 8th July. On my way there, after crossing Pune, the ABS lamp lit up. I wondered what may have caused it. I parked on the side on the road to Satara. Called up the service advisor (That the Volkswagen West dealership in Mumbai changed hands is another story). He said there maybe a problem with the sensor. So drive the car & we can fix it once you're back. I started driving again & suddenly the speedometer started going up & down & the steering alarm came up. After that, the speedometer failed & the odometer also stopped logging in my kms driven. Continued my journey but the steering felt vague. What exactly happened was, that the electric steering gets cut off after approximately 60kmph speed but in this case, the steering was powered all the time. Switched off the engine once or twice & then all started to work again except the ABS alarm. On my way back, it didn't occur for an hour or two but again after getting to the Pune end of the expressway. Drove back home somehow very carefully as steering was still very sensitive.

As i had been travelling immediately after that, i didn't get the time to go & give my car. I finally took the car on Friday 17th to VW West at their workshop. I explained everything to the service advisor in detail. On initial observation, he said a rat must've chewed on the wiring behind. He said he will give me the car the next day. I called him up in the morning & he said we have to do the testing as we have replaced all the wiring & approximate cost is between 5-5.5k for the parts. Told me to hang on. That evening he calls me to say that the engine ECM failed during the VAG check-up & he has spoken to the VW people & they will reply back on Monday.

Today, i was waiting for his call & finally i had to call him now at 5pm. Now he said that it will take 5 days for the said part to arrive.

As i have been pondering for a while, its time i switched back to less complicated engineering & reliable service of the Japs & Koreans & get rid of the VW as there has been no Vergnügen owning it.

P.S.: My i10 AT which i abuse all the time, never stood me up since 5.5 years till today.
anilkalvani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 00:23   #105
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fahrvergnügen|Volkswagen Vento 1.6AT Tiptronic|Initial Ownership Experience & Report

Quote:
Revived the thread after a long time. Basically because of a problem.

As i have been pondering for a while, its time i switched back to less complicated engineering & reliable service of the Japs & Koreans & get rid of the VW as there has been no Vergnügen owning it.

P.S.: My i10 AT which i abuse all the time, never stood me up since 5.5 years till today.
There may be a ABS wire issue which is why the error might have come up. Replacement would solve it. Coming to engine module, since that's a part which is not readily available at a workshop. It takes sometime to have it shipped from Chakan. Rest assured your car would be fixed and would be a Vergnügen to drive.

Having driven an i10 myself, it doesn't give a feeling while driving when compared to a Vento.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks