Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2011, 19:23   #31
BHPian

Re: Provare un Punto: Trot beneath Azure Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
Hi folks,

I am extremely disappointed to report that my Punto has not been anywhere near as trouble free as I expected it to be.

After the near-scare with an underbody component found dangling (which turned out to be some electrical wiring thats all, thank
All in all, a thoroughly disappointing experience so far which is making me regret not purchasing a Jazz. If paying 70k more was for the sheer peace of mind, then I am wondering if that was worth the premium.

It is regrettable that instead of enjoying your new vehicle your being subjected to this absolutely needless nonsensical inconvenience.

My suggestion to you is, for whatever it is worth, take this matter up with the top management of the dealership and do it on record. This should be done under reference to the customer care management folks at Fiat . Hopefully after this, the dealership management will be more receptive to the fact that you as a customer have the right to expect a problem free product and if unfortunately something needs attention they are obligated to do the needful without any excuses.
Old 15th June 2011, 11:31   #32
BHPian

After what was an ill-tempered Monday, temperate Tuesday brought me a huge sigh of relief.

I was given a call on monday evening by the service centre and they assured to send somebody on tuesday morning to check the car at my residence. A service technician came with two others at 10 AM and checked the car's left door lock mechanism.

they said that the lock assembly on that door needs to be replaced and said that they would take the car with them to the workshop, conduct the repair, and drop it back home at 3 PM.

Well, well, I was pleasantly surprised. Not only was my problem resolved, but in addition, some other requests were acceded without any fuss.

I asked them to replace the parcel shelf because its hinges were broken, which they did. Also they replaced the air-filler cap for one of the wheels, which had gone missing. A good wash, and a driver promptly brought it home at 3 PM.

I was asked to take a test drive to check if the rattling problem was solved, which was done so. So all in all, ALL the issues that I encountered with the car in this first month of ownership were resolved in a day.

The service in-charge called me again to enquire if all the actions were taken to my satisfaction, and I had no hesitation in saying 'YES!'

It is this kind of service which reinstills faith in the brand and the product. While I hope my Punto has given me the last of its niggling initial days, I am fairly confident that the service backup is competent to handle any issues that might occur.

Ah, this tempestuous Italian Beauty. Loathe her for her tantrums, but when all is well, she recaptures your heart in a jiffy.

I now truly understand what FIAT-ians here go though all the time.

P.S. The main reason for my disgruntlement boiled down to the sales consultant not forwarding my complaint mail to the concerned department in time. I thoroughly admonished him for this lapse on his part, but its safe to say that the service department made a complete turnaround of the situation yesterday. Henceforth, I will clearly be dealing with them directly.

Finally, something unbelievably positive in my experience with Prerana Motors.
Old 15th June 2011, 13:31   #33
BHPian

Hey Pyrotek. Good you had a pleasant experience with Prerana. Happy driving
Old 15th June 2011, 14:22   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finally, something unbelievably positive in my experience with Prerana Motors.
This is something I have heard too. The people at the service center are willing to help, however, sometimes the channel of communication is not right (either from the car owner or the internal communication mechanism).

Hope your car stays niggle free with the rest of its life.

FIAT please take sometime out and fix these issues at the assembly line you will have more number of satisfied customers marketing your cars.
Old 15th June 2011, 22:11   #35
BHPian

Congratulations bhpian! i have recently serviced my punto after completing 15000 kms. The suspension is better than ever now. So enjoy your ride. Drive Safe.
Old 27th June 2011, 13:31   #36
BHPian

An entire week went by since I last drove my car, and well, she has not given up on being at her temperamental best.

This time its the AC, folks. Blower running at full blast, but no cooling whatsoever. Service guys are coming home today to pick the car up.

Also facing a strange issue with the audio. when I press the 'SRC' button it should (according to me) toggle between FM, USB and CD player. But I see that it jumps from FM MW to LW to what not, basically erasing all my previous settings on the radio.

I just hope the service guys fix all my issues in one go now.

At this point, I am seriously considering practicing the art of zen to keep myself from melting down.
Old 27th June 2011, 14:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

When you press the SRC button on the steering it always goes through all available sources, ie FM, MW, LW, CD, Media Player. That is completely normal.

Also what settings are you talking about?? Even if you move out of FM/MW/LW, whenever you return it picks up again at the same frequency where you left. Neither do the saved channels in them get removed.

Also while playing from the USB, as the B&M system is actually doing the playing, its controlled only via the steering wheel and not the music system. Thus when playing from the media player, the only way to change what you are playing is via the steering wheel or the voice controls. The music player can only change volume or EQ settings.
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 15:03   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
When you press the SRC button on the steering it always goes through all available sources, ie FM, MW, LW, CD, Media Player. That is completely normal.

Also what settings are you talking about?? Even if you move out of FM/MW/LW, whenever you return it picks up again at the same frequency where you left. Neither do the saved channels in them get removed.

Also while playing from the USB, as the B&M system is actually doing the playing, its controlled only via the steering wheel and not the music system. Thus when playing from the media player, the only way to change what you are playing is via the steering wheel or the voice controls. The music player can only change volume or EQ settings.
Thanks julupani,
that makes sense. But I was fairly certain that my station settings were getting overwritten when I toggled the SRC button. Let me do a recheck when I get the car back from the workshop.

All said and done though, I will not cut any slack to Fiat for its poor QC. Malfunctioning lock, now dysfunctional AC, what next, I wonder?
Old 10th August 2011, 11:37   #39
BHPian

Just got a call from Prerana Motors regarding parts upgrades in Fiat Puntos. According to them, its related to the power steering and the AC.

Anyone got any ideas, what this is about?
Pyrotek is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2011, 12:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Have only heard of a\c upgrade in petrol Puntos. Can you give us more details about the call? Did they tell you what parts are going to be upgraded?
Old 19th September 2011, 22:04   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
4. Electrical niggles: I have found that my central odo light intensity, and climate control display light intensity drop down on switching on the headlights. This strikes me as odd! The dealer has promised to correct the same when I go to fit my accessories and the number plate this week.
I think I am late... but this is normal behaviour & is there in my car too & is present in many cars.

This is a feature (yes!) which is designed that way so that the bright orange light (necessary for visibility in day light) does not hit on your eyes during night driving. So, when you switch on the headlights, it is understood that it is night time & bright display is not needed & hence the brightness is reduced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks