Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2013, 15:07   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Volvo S60 T6 (2nd-gen) : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anmol89 View Post
Just got delivery of my Volvo S60 D4 Summum variant in black, sharing a few pictures.

I find this car better looking than all its competition. Its so hot and muscular.
Whats the discount scene like on this car? I had been offered a D4 Summon for around 29 or road (delhi) around 15 months back.
Old 17th June 2013, 19:07   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Polestar is a concept limited to only 1 unit so far by Volvo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I hope Volvo makes the Polestar mainstream like M and AMG.
S60 Polestar makes production version debut in Australia with announcing 50 units.

Priced @ approx Rs 61 L

Source: http://www.caradvice.com.au/236154/v...d-from-109950/

Last edited by karan561 : 17th June 2013 at 19:09.
Old 3rd July 2013, 18:36   #108
BHPian

Hey guys, contemplating on a S60 Kinetic. Getting a whopping 3 Lakh off the ex-showroom price as well. But also getting bad reviews on spare part availability and after sales service. Delhi NCR area. Any advise on this will be appreciated.
Old 4th July 2013, 20:16   #109
BHPian

I recently saw a T6 for sale on one of the prominent car information site that also listed used Autos. This car is based in Delhi. Of course I have no commercial interest in it. I am posting this with a hope that one of our TeamBHPian can grab it and we can read more on this car. I am a personally a big fan of the T6.
samyboy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 08:43   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,

I am currently in the market for a entry level german and was set on the 320d baseline which was costing me 33 OTR Delhi. Yesterday paid a visit to Volvo and the loved the S60. The older S60 kinetic is costing me a whole 6L and summum a cool 2L less than the 320d. These are 2013 cars. But the only thing holding me back is the question about service and long term reliability of the car.
What is the average service costs?
Is the GC enough for our roads? Will you suggest going for the S60 over the 320D?

I am really interested in knowing the long term maintenance costs of Volvo since they do not offer a package like the BSI. Will be keeping this car for a minimum of 5 years with me.
Old 30th October 2013, 08:55   #111
Team-BHP Support

Volvo's are very reliable, you need to assess the quality of your local dealer
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 08:58   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Volvo's are very reliable, you need to assess the quality of your local dealer
The dealer set up atleast on the sales front looked very very impressive. Will have to visit there service area. Also they are opening a new set up very near to my house ( 2 kms away). What I want to know is the costs over a 5 year ownership period.

They maintained that an average service will cost around 20k and a major service will cost around 40-50k which will be at 40k kms. The cost of brake pads is 20k and one set will easily last 20-30k kms. But still since not many people own a Volvo it is proving to be difficult to get the impression from an owner.

Last edited by drmohitg : 30th October 2013 at 09:04.
Old 30th October 2013, 09:54   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
The dealer set up atleast on the sales front looked very very impressive. Will have to visit there service area. Also they are opening a new set up very near to my house ( 2 kms away). What I want to know is the costs over a 5 year ownership period. They maintained that an average service will cost around 20k and a major service will cost around 40-50k which will be at 40k kms. The cost of brake pads is 20k and one set will easily last 20-30k kms. But still since not many people own a Volvo it is proving to be difficult to get the impression from an owner.
A friend(a bhpian) owns a D5 Summum since more than a year and has clocked 30K Kms.
You can PM him for details.
Old 30th October 2013, 11:12   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
A friend(a bhpian) owns a D5 Summum since more than a year and has clocked 30K Kms.
You can PM him for details.
Who is that? Can you tell me the name so I can PM him for details? There is one Volvo I know owned by a Pune member but he didn't reply back to the PM I sent him. Ownership thread is also no longer active. Please tell me the name of this BHPian.
Old 30th October 2013, 12:53   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Who is that? Can you tell me the name so I can PM him for details? There is one Volvo I know owned by a Pune member but he didn't reply back to the PM I sent him. Ownership thread is also no longer active. Please tell me the name of this BHPian.
He is Chiragh

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/chiragh_bir.html

Not very active on the forum,he is a close friend,if need be,i can put you in touch with him offline.
Old 30th October 2013, 16:04   #116
BHPian

My Volvo XC60 D5 AWD has been rock solid ever since I bought it 2 years back. Service costs are lesser than Audi Q5/BMW X3 or Mercedes M Class. Supremely comfortable and absolutely trouble free and I have clocked 200 KMPH on several occasions and have thrown it around on mountains, the road less travelled. I wonder why lot of people pay so much attention to RESALE value when you can actually enjoy the automobile itself upfront. Forget about RESALE, those scintillating and trouble free thousands of KMS (before you call it a day) are always well worth it!
1-Testosterone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 19:02   #117
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hi,

I am currently in the market for a entry level german and was set on the 320d baseline which was costing me 33 OTR Delhi. Yesterday paid a visit to Volvo and the loved the S60. The older S60 kinetic is costing me a whole 6L and summum a cool 2L less than the 320d. These are 2013 cars. But the only thing holding me back is the question about service and long term reliability of the car.
What is the average service costs?
Is the GC enough for our roads? Will you suggest going for the S60 over the 320D?

I am really interested in knowing the long term maintenance costs of Volvo since they do not offer a package like the BSI. Will be keeping this car for a minimum of 5 years with me.
Had TDed the older S60. While it does have more features than the 320D base, I found the front a bit low and it managed to scrape twice on my TD. Not to mention that the 3 will be far superior to drive.

Which engine S60 is being offered to you?
Old 31st October 2013, 00:02   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But still since not many people own a Volvo it is proving to be difficult to get the impression from an owner.
There is another bhpain kau_therock who owns a S60 T6 AWD. You could try contacting him via PM and get his views about Volvo. Also since his car is among the rarest of rare, he would be able to give an unbiased view.

Below is the link to his ownership thread.

Link.

Doc you could wait and have a look for Mercedes CLA as well. Looks very beautiful and would be niche(before there are many copies of it on road) unlike current F30, C class & A4. Also had read that its better to not take BSI as servicing cost can be lesser without it. Just like AMC, on a VW Polo or Vento turns out costly in comparison to doing service for whats required and whats not. So you could save more bucks on a BMW without BSI.
Old 4th November 2013, 00:55   #119
BHPian

Drmohitg you'll never regret buying a Volvo, and the service cost of an S80 is actually comparable to A4, so s60 will be on the lower side.

Brake pads need to be replaced frequently in the all cars in this segment, and forget the BSI - if you are not a wreckless driver, who is not worried about crashing his car quite often, you don't really need any maintenance package.

If resale is NOT your concern for next 5 years, buy s60 over 320d blindly! There are too many BMWs out there - your s60 will never fail to grab the attention of other motorists, passerby, pedestrians, and just about everyone!

Reliability will never be an issue, and if there's a dealership near your house, then nothing like it! Do take a TD of the v40, and the s80 as well

Hope this helps -
OmThoke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 09:12   #120
BHPian

Any one who recently purchased the D4 Summom; the car is very different to the D3 and compares well with the current A4 Premium plus in all aspects;
From this thread i do understand that the long term ownership has also been good in-terms of reliability, comfort and cost of ownership.

Will be good to have a report on the current S60. please share if you have more details.

Most Viewed