Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 22:13   #61
BHPian

Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Congratulations mate, you certainly got a such a beautiful car there. And it looks class in white too. And, please be sure to post more pics of the beauty.

And yours being the first Fluidic on the forum, we are all looking forward for more and more details from you. FE figures, ride comfort, handling, etc etc. Please post a comprehensive review.

Many more miles with the beauty. Drive her safe.
Old 18th May 2011, 23:51   #62
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Heartiest Congratulations Mate! Please post more pics of the beauty. I would like to ask whether your new Verna comes with projector/xenon headlamps ?
Old 19th May 2011, 07:10   #63
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations Mathranik! That was pretty fast descision making. Hope your parents are enjoying the new drive
Old 19th May 2011, 11:21   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathranik View Post
Thanks guys. The people on the road who check this car out are even more enthusiastic. I have literally seen people take U-turns to get another glance, people parking by to come up to me and ask about the car and even a couple of cops!

Guess the general verdict on a car in India is given on these major factors:

- Looks -- They just have to stand out
- Interiors -- Got to look modern and cozy
- Fuel Efficiency

From these three criteria, I guess ANHV is a winner. None of the 'prospect buyers' found it over-priced.

Rear Seats

A lot of people here on the forum have PMed me asking about the rear seat. Let me put it in perspective. We are a family of four, with no one taller than 5'7 and the ladies being 5'1. Now, the legroom can be termed generous for the rear seats. I have had no complain whatsoever about the under-thigh support. They can even slide their feet down the front seats. The rear bench is best suited for two though. The reason why I say this is because the rear center arm-rest would come hard on the back of the person sitting in the center. Otherwise, the shoulder space is good and the transmission tunnel does not stick out. Front seats are a different planet altogether. Great support and good adjustments possible. I miss the reach adjustment for the steering wheel though.

Music System
The music system is amazing, now that I have retro-fitted new speakers - co-axial JBL at the rear, JBL component speakers in the front, a Blaupunkt bass tube in the boot and two amplifiers - a two-channel Kenwood Amp for the bass tube and a four-channel JBL amp for the speakers.

Query
I was speculating getting a motorized sunroof installed (50,000 approx), but have heard a lot about leakage and rusting. Any comments?

Fuel Efficiency

Completed a tank to tank test yesterday - 50-50 mix of city and highway returned me an FE of 16.5 kmpl, with average speeds of 100 kmph on the highway and moderate traffic in city. Would update you guys on the second tankful too.

For now, I have put up some interior pictures. Exteriors follow soon, today hopefully! Thanks.
Congrats mate! happy riding, and take good care of her.

I am looking at phantom black, did you get to see one in real time?
I was disappointed to hear from my dealer that music system cannot be upgraded and we have to live with the stock one!

you have brought my hopes back with your amazing ICE fitment, please let us know if it is seamlessly aligned with all the inbuilt controls of central console.

Also can you let me know if your i-phone gets charged when it is connected to USB slot along with transferring data to ICE system

Dr GB
Old 19th May 2011, 16:23   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr GB View Post
Congrats mate! happy riding, and take good care of her.

I am looking at phantom black, did you get to see one in real time?
I was disappointed to hear from my dealer that music system cannot be upgraded and we have to live with the stock one!

you have brought my hopes back with your amazing ICE fitment, please let us know if it is seamlessly aligned with all the inbuilt controls of central console.

Also can you let me know if your i-phone gets charged when it is connected to USB slot along with transferring data to ICE system

Dr GB
The audio system works like charm, and with two amps, bass tube and four speakers with tweeters, the sound is awesome.

I-pod/I-phone gets charged with the USB and the music is streamed through the Aux.

Verna looks neat in black, but since I already own an Innova in black, I had to overlook it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Heartiest Congratulations Mate! Please post more pics of the beauty. I would like to ask whether your new Verna comes with projector/xenon headlamps ?
No projectors/xenon headlamps. I am contemplating retro-fitting one!
Old 19th May 2011, 16:27   #66
BHPian

Pictures on public demand
Attached Thumbnails
Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0039.jpg  

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0040.jpg  

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0041.jpg  

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0042.jpg  

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0043.jpg  

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0044.jpg  

mathranik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 18:59   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pictures on public demand
Nice pictures - please get rid of the 'nanavati' sticker and ribbons asap.
Old 20th May 2011, 09:01   #68
BHPian

I would be driving down to Ahmedabad and back today, which would be a total on 600 kms or so. A lot of things would be known about my car today.

Since I would be taking the Vadodara-Ahmedabad expressway, Stability, handling and ride comfort are what I would pay special attention to.

Also, Ahmedabad is a sweltring 43 deg these days and I would be able to comment of the Air con's real efficiency. Highway FE is also a matter of note for me.

I noted, if I were to press the Push Start button without depressing the clutch, it turns the ignition on Only, and to start the car one needs to press the clutch. Also, the reverse-assist camera could be turned off with the help of the button on the IRVM.

The inaudibility of the engine is addicting. I sat in my cousin's Manza, and it was very annoying as I missed the silent nature of ANHV.

Detailed report of the ride later tonight!

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2011 at 12:45. Reason: STRICTLY no posts of speeding on public highways please
Old 20th May 2011, 09:19   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would be driving down to Ahmedabad and back today, which would be a total on 600 kms or so. A lot of things would be known about my car today.
All the best for your first long highway drive. I am sure your Verna will come out with flying colours.

Quote:
Since I would be taking the Vadodara-Ahmedabad expressway
This road is one of the best roads in India (but it becomes a bit boring as it is almost a straight stretch throughout the entire length of the expressway). However I would advice not to stretch your car in excess of 150 kmph. What @ the run-in period. Is it not mentioned in the car manual?

Quote:
Also, Ahmedabad is a sweltring 43 deg these days and I would be able to comment of the Air con's real efficiency. Highway FE is also a matter of note for me.
Yes this should be a good test for the AC & FE.

Quote:
The inaudibility of the engine is addicting. I sat in my cousin's Manza, and it was very annoying as I missed the silent nature of ANHV.
The almost silent CRDi engine is one of the USPs of this car.

Quote:
Detailed report of the ride later tonight!
Looking forward eagerly to the detailed report.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2011 at 12:45. Reason: Quoted post has been edited
Old 20th May 2011, 22:15   #70
BHPian

Thanks for sharing a detailed review mate, Congratulations on the car, could you please also share, install on the audio, i am curious on how you installed the amplifiers, i had a very bad install on my verna (now sold), would appreciate if you could share than info. Thanks.

Best - ML.
Old 20th May 2011, 22:23   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations on the new 'fluidic' Verna! Nice pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Nice pictures - please get rid of the 'nanavati' sticker and ribbons asap.
+1, and the yellow one on the headlight too.
Old 21st May 2011, 08:46   #72
BHPian

Came back late last night at around 11.30 pm. Although the whole highway stretch is immaculate, there is a awful bottleneck at Bharuch bridge, that guarantees a traffic jam of 1 hour, each way!

Anyways - it was a very satisfactory drive of 570 kms (with around 50 kms within Ahmedabad city). I was very keen on checking the dynamics and stability on the Vadodara expressway, and these are my findings:

- The in-gear acceleration is phenomenal. I might be wrong, but for me this has been quicker than the Cruze too. Friendly combats with an ANHC and Linea MJD left them gasping, on the expressway.

- There is a good potential of accelerating in the 6th gear too, and it pulls almost seamlessly.

- Headlights have a good reach and spread, very even and bright. (Also, I have switched the horns to 'Skoda like' Bosch ones. Effective.)

- The handling is good, until 120, beyond which it can be termed average. The light steering is a boon and a bane too. Best suited for speeds below 140.

- The ride becomes bumpy beyond 120 too. I suppose it is because the suspension is too soft sprung.

- The temperature in A'bad yesterday was a scorching 43 deg C. I have to absolutely confess that this is the best airconditioning unit I have experienced in any car I have used in India, till date. And I have owned, or still do, an Innova, Elantra, Accent, Indica and Octavia. I have also driven the new Accord extensively. Absolute chiller.

- There is absolutely minimal turbo-lag, which assists a great deal in the stop and go, crazy A'bad traffic.

- Maneuverability is a breeze too. I didn't find any real blind spots while driving, other than the tall boot lip.

- The auto-retract mirrors are a big help too.

- Front seats are extremely supportive, even after spending a day in the car. The beige interiors and leather seats, though, would have to be maintained carefully.

That's it from me for now. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2011 at 12:45. Reason: STRICTLY no posts of speeding on public highways please
Old 21st May 2011, 09:50   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
+1, and the yellow one on the headlight too.
Dry Ice the yellow strips on the headlights are mandatory in Gujarat (else you would be fined by the RTO) & hence cannot be removed

Quote:
I was very keen on checking the dynamics and stability on the Vadodara expressway, and these are my findings:

- The in-gear acceleration is phenomenal. I might be wrong, but for me this has been quicker than the Cruze too. Friendly combats with an ANHC and Linea MJD left them gasping, on the expressway.

- There is a good potential of accelerating in the 6th gear too, and it pulls almost seamlessly.
Good to know that you could reach those speeds, but then I had asked earlier is there no run-in period (speed limit) for this car?

Quote:
- Headlights have a good reach and spread, very even and bright. (Also, I have switched the horns to 'Skoda like' Bosch ones. Effective.)
So no need of headlamps upgrade. How effective are the fog lamps. I suppose you used a combination of the two.

Quote:
- The handling is good, until 120, beyond which it can be termed average. The light steering is a boon and a bane too. Best suited for speeds below 140.

- The ride becomes bumpy beyond 120 too. I suppose it is because the suspension is too soft sprung.
That was expected. But then how many times would we reach speeds beyond 120? Was the car fully loaded? I mean how many adults, luggage etc?

Quote:
- The temperature in A'bad yesterday was a scorching 43 deg C. I have to absolutely confess that this is the best airconditioning unit I have experienced in any car I have used in India, till date. And I have owned, or still do, an Innova, Elantra, Accent, Indica and Octavia. I have also driven the new Accord extensively. Absolute chiller.
Thanks for that clarification, this is one of the most important aspects everyone is looking for. Were the people in the rear seats comfortable with the AC? If yes, then one would not sorely miss the rear AC vents. Did you put the ACC ON, at what temperature settings?

Last edited by GTO : 3rd June 2011 at 12:46. Reason: Quoted post has been edited
Old 21st May 2011, 10:03   #74
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new purchase!!

Could we have some snaps of the boot and the actual boot capacity? Also what is the service interval specified in the manual? Also what is the major difference between the SX and SX(O) version?
Old 21st May 2011, 10:28   #75
Senior - BHPian

Errr well you sure are on a roll man, nice to know the car is proving itself worthy of the price tag. One un-called for advice though. The car though capable, should not see such speeds till around the first service or atleast 3-4k kms.

The engine parts have not bedded in yet. It may lead to premature engine wear. Just my opinion.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 21st May 2011 at 10:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks