Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2011, 08:19   #1
BHPian

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Finally, I got it home!

After much speculations, discussions, debates and arguments, I decided on the New Verna CRDi 1.6 SX(O) White. The dealer principal happened to be a very good friend of mine, and the premium that I eventually had to pay for a on-the-spot delivery was far lower than the going market rates. Cruze lost out on late deliveries, and Skoda Laura on horror after-sales stories (Cannot risk it - especially when the car is meant for my parents).

The sweet white Verna was waiting in the 'Delivery Celebrations' area outside the showroom when we arrived. The ribbons were being tied, and a couple of excited sales persons were fiddling with the stereo and bluetooth controls. I could see that the 3M sun-protection film I had asked for had been neatly installed on the windows are read windscreen.

Post formalities, I was handed over the keys to my now-proud possession. I fiddled with the seat and steering wheel adjustments to get a near-perfect driving position. The power button fired the engine up, but Wow - it is inaudible. Absolutely no noise. It's either the insulation, or the engine IS silent. And there isn't any real noise even beyond 2k rpm. My parents were very impressed with this, as well as the other NVH levels.

Rear sear wasn't any concern to them, since we are not too tall. My mom is happy with the leather seats, and I was very happy with the power - it surges with urgency beyond 2,000 rpm and there isn't any irritating turbo lag like in the Cruze. The clutch action is very smooth (another problem in Cruze) and the six gears make cruising more refined, keeping the revs low.

Interiors are excellent for the car this price.Mostly everything falls within reach. The tank is 43 liters, and hence a tankful in Surat is close to Rs. 1800. I presume a tankful should return a range of 650-700 kms of mix highway-city run. The roads in Surat are excellent, and bumper-to-bumper is hardly the case. Fuel cost of 2.75/km isn't bad, especially looking at the price of petrol today.

Bluetooth pairing works like charm, and so does the reversing camera. It gets into action as soon as you engage the reverse gear. The glove box is cooled, good for stuffing chocolates at best.

We miss bottle holders at the back, and the top lip of the boot is way too high. Reversing camera is such a necessity in this car! Steering is very light, but works well for me. Seating upfront is good. Oh, and it is a looker. Never have I seen the passer-bys and other car owners taking such great notice of a new Hyundai! I could almost hear the oohs and wows. Probably, a novelty factor would stay for a month or two, until the car goes common on the streets.

Initial fuel efficiency report and other points would follow soon. Thanks everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0017.jpg  

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0019.jpg  

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0020.jpg  

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0023.jpg  

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0024.jpg  

Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)-dsc_0025.jpg  

mathranik is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th May 2011, 08:23   #2
BANNED

Re: Bringing home the Fluidic Verna CRDi SX(O)

Hey congrats! I personally checked out the car on Saturday. The best thing I liked was the interiors!

All the very best. Please do keep us updated.

Edit: Does the 16 inch wheels come only with SX(O)?

Last edited by EARTHed : 16th May 2011 at 08:25.
Old 16th May 2011, 08:25   #3
BHPian

Congratulations Mathranik. Probably the first proud owner of the New Verna in T-Bhp.

Drive Safe
Old 16th May 2011, 08:37   #4
BHPian

Congrats mathranik. I just finished reading the review of the new verna and came across this. The car is a stunner. Wish you miles of happiness. Btw, how long was the waiting period?
Old 16th May 2011, 08:40   #5
BHPian

Nice pictures and congratulations on your new Verna.
Let us know about your experiences on handling and steering feedback. Is it similar to EPS feedback in i20?
Old 16th May 2011, 08:44   #6
BHPian

Congrats mathranik!

The car is such a head-turner. Please post more pictures as well as ownership experience.

Wishing you many many happy miles ahead.

Regards,
Jose.
Old 16th May 2011, 09:25   #7
BHPian

Congrats on the fluidic Verna.It is really a stunner when compared to plane jane previous versions of verna.The twin tail pipes look awesome.First one in Team Bhp.Happy miles ahead.Drive safe.Do update .
Sreehari
Old 16th May 2011, 10:31   #8
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the new car!

The new Verna definitely looks a class apart.

Looking at the boot, the reverse camera certainly is a necessity. Do all variants have it and reverse sensors? How is the camera clarity at night?

Although the car is still in the run-in period, did you try engaging the 6th? Any advantage/disadvantage of that?

And lastly, what is the OTR price?

Have a great ownership period!

PS : Some more pics!
Old 16th May 2011, 10:46   #9
BHPian

Congrats on the New Verna. Wishing you a happy ownership.

The new Verna is a stunner as far as looks are concerned, the best from Hyundai till date (IMO). I too did check out the new Verna and found the following things better than the previous Verna

1) Seats -: They have more underthigh support and feel more comfortable
2) Fab interiors
3) Equipment level (Airbags included)
4) Exterior looks.
5) Engine options
6) Ergonomics are far improved over the old Verna

The rear seats are still very lowly placed just like other sedans from Hyundai and could be a problem for old people who are not really short.

More PICS please.
Old 16th May 2011, 10:50   #10
BHPian

Congrats on owning this beauty. Hope to read a detailed review.
Old 16th May 2011, 11:14   #11
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations ! So this would make it the FIRST "All New Verna" on T- Bhp, that too the top end model !! I am sure it is a hoot to drive. How much better is this over the older Verna diesel ??

Hope you enjoy the car & do keep the thread posted.

Cheers
Old 16th May 2011, 11:40   #12
BHPian

Thank you very much, everyone! Guess it is the first one of T-Bhp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Congratulations ! So this would make it the FIRST "All New Verna" on T- Bhp, that too the top end model !! I am sure it is a hoot to drive. How much better is this over the older Verna diesel ??

Hope you enjoy the car & do keep the thread posted.

Cheers
It is vastly improved over the older Verna, with the better engine and dynamics. Of course, the interiors are vastly improved too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Congrats on the new car!

The new Verna definitely looks a class apart.

Looking at the boot, the reverse camera certainly is a necessity. Do all variants have it and reverse sensors? How is the camera clarity at night?

Although the car is still in the run-in period, did you try engaging the 6th? Any advantage/disadvantage of that?

And lastly, what is the OTR price?

Have a great ownership period!

PS : Some more pics!
Yes, all the variants have the reverse sensors, but I guess only SX and SX(O) have the camera as well. 6th gear at 80 kmph makes it an effortless cruiser. I drove the car for around 90 kms yesterday and realized this. I think both 5th and 6th gear are overdrive, although I might be wrong.

OTR Surat - 11,36,000 with 3rd year extended warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmania View Post
Nice pictures and congratulations on your new Verna.
Let us know about your experiences on handling and steering feedback. Is it similar to EPS feedback in i20?
Haven't driven the i20 ever, so I cannot comment on that. Steering is very light and precise. Handling is on the sedate side. Not for the enthusiasts, but very reassuring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Congrats mathranik. I just finished reading the review of the new verna and came across this. The car is a stunner. Wish you miles of happiness. Btw, how long was the waiting period?
I paid a slight premium, and got it the same day! The waiting period otherwise is 2-3 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Hey congrats! I personally checked out the car on Saturday. The best thing I liked was the interiors!

All the very best. Please do keep us updated.

Edit: Does the 16 inch wheels come only with SX(O)?
SX also comes with the 16-inch wheels.
Old 16th May 2011, 11:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on this beauty, it looks lovely in white.

Please post on your ownership experience as the kms build.

I am also looking at buying it in the near future with petrol costs the way they are.

Cheers mate!
Old 16th May 2011, 12:50   #14
BHPian

Congrats mate... The Verna looks awesome.. IMO, the ANHC was quite a looker in this segment. ANHV is the new leader now.

Btw, how is the cooling of AC? I believe its around 40 degrees in Surat now. Perhaps you're in a best situation to comment on the effectiveness of AC.

Drive Safe.Cheers
Old 16th May 2011, 13:10   #15
BHPian

@ mathranik: The car looks stunning in white. Is this the first new Verna in your city? How much did it cost you OTR?

Congrats and enjoy your car!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks