Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 10:30   #16
BHPian

Re: Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi

The car looks awesome. Congratulations on acquiring her.

Please post some more pictures of this beauty.
joe1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 10:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations blackdiesel, 5 months must been a very agonising wait & to top the below par delivery experience. Anyways hats off to your patience & belief in the product, hope your future experience with the Vento proves worth it. A very good review, with all the pros & cons. Please do share loads of pictures (both interiors & extriors) & your driving experience.

Wishing you many more happy (s)miles.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 11:03   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your black vento, I have the same. Do you or any other guys notice that gear lever vibrates when in 4th gear. Mine has been doing that since I bought it and its a pain to go to the Palace cross service centre which is in Hesarghatta road.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 16:28   #19
BHPian

Congratulations! And thanks for the detailed report. From your experience, PDI at the stockyard looks like an essential thing. Basically, we are doing the job of the dealer.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 18:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Why don't you write to "your vw engineer" and ask why the final quality control check on your car did not reveal the malfunctioning switch? It would be interesting to see if you get a reply!
I think I will write to that mail ID in detail & see what they have to say. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Well the glass and door locking problem must have been really annoying, but I guess that's dealers mistake of not doing pdi properly.
I didnt see any "PDI OK" sticker or anything like that at the time of delivery; neither on my car nor on other cars in the showroom. Still, I believe this is a manufacturing defect as this should have been identified in the factory itself. The service guys actually thought dust particles would have got stuck below the button & used an air blower to get rid of it. They dismantled the whole unit to reach the problematic area. They couldnt open that specific sub-assembly with switches & buttons and I too argued against scratch or break opening it. In fact, even more shocking act was removing the door interior panel of another new Vento to fit it into my Vento.

The diagnostic unit is really sophisticated & showed status of a lot of components in the car. It is surprising though, that it didnt identify at that time about the disconnected interior driver door opener lever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh View Post
With the ACC I wonder if closing of the rear vent actually consumes more power since the area to cool remains constant (in the absence of a partition between the front and rear)
I dont think so. Closing of one vent results in higher velocity of air flow in the other open-vents, while maintaining the overall volume of air flowing into the cabin (compensating for the closure of one vent). It has to happen that way as the ACC needs to honor the value set by the user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Why the Headlamp operating switch knob is without Chrome outlining in your Vento Highline variant ? as seen behind the wiper stalk.
Do other Ventos come with chrome edges? Request Vento owners to confirm. I cross checked in the Vento brochure which shows chrome plating! If true, this is another shock, proving the inconsistency of VW manufacturing :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
The "VW Engineer" communications, though well-intentioned, are a fail. You should have received your gift before delivery and not after! Can't VW get anything right? The problem seems to be a big disconnect between their manufacturing and marketing arms. Plus, of course the supply chain management is terrible.

Anyway let me not rain on your parade- have fun with the new car and here's wishing you many million happy miles! BTW I noticed my ownership thread being linked in this- thanks for that and glad I could help!
Looks like I received the car a bit earlier than they thought. Pressurizing the dealer must have worked ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Do you or any other guys notice that gear lever vibrates when in 4th gear. Mine has been doing that since I bought it and its a pain to go to the Palace cross service centre which is in Hesarghatta road.
Havent seen this in my car! It would be better to check it up anyway. Also, I think you can go to any VW workshop; there is no need to go to Hesaraghatta one only.
Old 19th May 2011, 21:15   #21
BHPian

Note from Mod : It is MANDATORY to upload pictures using the Team-BHP Attachment system. Please refer to our rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
Do other Ventos come with chrome edges? Request Vento owners to confirm. I cross checked in the Vento brochure which shows chrome plating! If true, this is another shock, proving the inconsistency of VW manufacturing :-(
That's really a Sad thing for VW's Quality Control department who cry & excuse the same everytime for their waiting delays.
Try to check this in the pictures of Vento Highline posted at other threads here.
Just check the pic below with encircled(in Red)Chrome button knob.
The pic is taken from Page:8-9 of Vento e-brochure;

This is a Shameful way of Cost cutting by Volkswagen India.
Does the Note at the end of the brochure: 'Specifications are subject to change without prior notice' actually means this !

Last edited by GTO : 23rd May 2011 at 13:03. Reason: Removing picture. Use ONLY our attachment system
CRtorquefan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th May 2011, 22:04   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Does the Note at the end of the brochure: 'Specifications are subject to change without prior notice' actually means this !
Ya. Like I said in my earlier post, I could see it in the brochure. However, am not sure if it is there in the delivered ventos! I will check in other post.

As for the notice in the brochure, it is equivalent to the fine print Conditions Apply
Old 20th May 2011, 02:12   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Hey blackdiesel. i received my black vento a couple of days back as well. The missing chrome strip as pointed out here on the headlamp switch knob is missing on mine as well. It went completely unnoticed. I checked back on ventomans white TDi and it was present. Maybe its a change in the recently delivered vehicles? Is it or was it a manufacturing error on a certain lot manufactured recently?

Last edited by GTO : 23rd May 2011 at 13:05. Reason: Fixing broken quote tag
Old 20th May 2011, 09:48   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think so. Closing of one vent results in higher velocity of air flow in the other open-vents, while maintaining the overall volume of air flowing into the cabin (compensating for the closure of one vent). It has to happen that way as the ACC needs to honor the value set by the user.
So I suppose you are saying the ACC automatically ups the blower speed for a higher volume of air flow. Are the temperature sensors present in the rear section too? or just up front near the ACC console?
Old 20th May 2011, 10:55   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Are you talking about the chrome button? Yes, I have it on my car. Took delivery of my car on Dec

Here's the pic of my car. Night pic shows it clearly.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-img00122201012081732.jpg  

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-img00123201012081732.jpg  

Last edited by naveen.raju : 20th May 2011 at 10:59.
Old 20th May 2011, 11:01   #26
BHPian

Quote:
That's really a Sad thing for VW's Quality Control department who cry & excuse the same everytime for their waiting delays.
Try to check this in the pictures of Vento Highline posted at other threads here.
Just check the pic below with encircled(in Red)Chrome button knob.
The pic is taken from Page:8-9 of Vento e-brochure;

This is a Shameful way of Cost cutting by Volkswagen India.
Even my highline doesnt have a chrome switch, but on motorhead5's Vento I spotted a chrome headlight switch

Last edited by GTO : 23rd May 2011 at 13:02. Reason: Removing picture from quoted text
Old 20th May 2011, 18:36   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Ya. Like I said in my earlier post, I could see it in the brochure. However, am not sure if it is there in the delivered ventos! I will check in other post.

As for the notice in the brochure, it is equivalent to the fine print Conditions Apply
Yes, I have this. Wonder how this is in certain cars and not in some other models. Especially, me and Shantanu got the delivery almost together and the manufacturing month I guess is the same..
Old 20th May 2011, 20:35   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
The missing chrome strip as pointed out here on the headlamp switch knob is missing on mine as well. It went completely unnoticed. I checked back on ventomans white TDi and it was present. Maybe its a change in the recently delivered vehicles? Is it or was it a manufacturing error on a certain lot manufactured recently?
May be so. But why change such a small part!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravingmh View Post
So I suppose you are saying the ACC automatically ups the blower speed for a higher volume of air flow. Are the temperature sensors present in the rear section too? or just up front near the ACC console?
No. Blower speed remains the same as set in ACC. For a set value, velocity of air flowing in only one vent is always more than that of multiple vents.

I am not sure of the temperature sensors. May be other Vento owners can respond to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Yes, I have this. Wonder how this is in certain cars and not in some other models. Especially, me and Shantanu got the delivery almost together and the manufacturing month I guess is the same..
I checked in my colleague's Vento (petrol) & it has chrome edges. So, it is seen & not seen in both petrol & diesel variants. Also, it doesnt seem like it is color-specific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Even my highline doesnt have a chrome switch, but on motorhead5's Vento I spotted a chrome headlight switch
So, can this pattern be summarized to say that this part was present till delivery period of Dec 2010 (latest being Naveen Raju)? Can any owner confirm if your car delivered before Dec but without this chrome part?

Last edited by blackdiesel : 20th May 2011 at 20:38.
Old 20th May 2011, 21:00   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

This is my friends car who took delivery last month. It's a diesel highline.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-untitled.jpg  

Old 20th May 2011, 21:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Are you talking about the chrome button? Yes, I have it on my car. Took delivery of my car on Dec

Here's the pic of my car. Night pic shows it clearly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This is my friends car who took delivery last month. It's a diesel highline.
Then only VW can answer this I will put this question to them & see how they respond.

Besides, I am planning to get sunfilms pasted tomorrow. I already have the 3M films with me for sides & rear windshield. But I dont have the front windshield one. Can you guys share how much it would cost for a 3M windshield screen?

Last edited by blackdiesel : 20th May 2011 at 21:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks