Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2011, 00:46   #31
BHPian

Re: Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi

Wonderful!! blackdiesel. Your car will look smashing with the dark tints.Please do post some pics with the tints on, and, yeah do let us know ,what VW thinks, of the missing chrome on the switch.
ventolute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2011, 01:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
Do other Ventos come with chrome edges? Request Vento owners to confirm. I cross checked in the Vento brochure which shows chrome plating! If true, this is another shock, proving the inconsistency of VW manufacturing :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
i received my black vento a couple of days back as well. The missing chrome strip as pointed out here on the headlamp switch knob is missing on mine as well. .... Is it or was it a manufacturing error on a certain lot manufactured recently?
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Even my highline doesnt have a chrome switch, but on motorhead5's Vento I spotted a chrome headlight switch
Even the same Chrome lined switch comes in Polo Highline also, but why the same is missing in Vento HL now !
If it would've been a mistake with Non-chrome trimmed switch of Vento/Polo Trendline versions then why its having in-built Fog-lamp switch in it.
More than a mistake this seems to be a Cost-cutting job now, but with the speed with which VW-India is doing cost cutting, these luxury bits will really vanish from their cars very soon, as previously Remote operated Power windows & All Auto-down vanished in Polo HL version.
Same things are happening with the Swift from around last 2 years.

These issues really needs to be brought into the light, atleast for the sake of Consumer rights of our countrymen.
Old 21st May 2011, 09:25   #33
J.Ravi

Congratulations and best wishes, blackdiesel, on becoming a proud owner of a superb VW Vento. I have driven my daughter's VW Golf Pacific 2.0 TDI AT in Oz. I always love to drive a VW car!
Quote:
They finally replaced the whole beige interior unit of the door with the one from another new car!
I heard this sort of quick-fix arrangement in FIAT dealerships, definitely not expected in VW.
Quote:
I cross checked in the Vento brochure which shows chrome plating! If true, this is another shock, proving the inconsistency of VW manufacturing :-(
I am shocked to hear this cost-cutting by VW so early.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 21st May 2011 at 09:26.

Old 21st May 2011, 14:14   #34
BHPian

Accessories

Sun Films
Finally decided on 3M CR 70 front windshield sunfilm. Got quotation (over phone) from three vendors.
One guy quoted 4900 (incl. application but w/o bill)
Junction (Jayanagar) quoted 5500 (incl. application & bill/warranty)
Also checked with 3M Car Care Center (HSR Layout) who quoted 7500/-

Of course the MRP is around 7000/-, but not sure how to identify the genuineness of the sun films. Is the 3M symbol on the sun film enough to guarantee this? or just the 3M warranty card?

However, I have decided to go to Junction. Hoping to get original sunfilms. Fingers crossed.

BTW, cost of application of sunfilms for windows & rear w/s is around 300 to 450 (if I provide them the sunfilms)

LCD HU

I just now saw a new HU from Kenwood India website. Check this link for Model DNX7380BT. Has all the features I need. But am not able to get its exact pricing, though I could get an indicative pricing of 75000+. That is way too much I think!

One more model from JVC was recommended by Junction: Model AVX746 (Check the link). But this doesnt have GPS built-in :(

Totally confused
Old 21st May 2011, 14:55   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Is the 3M symbol on the sun film enough to guarantee this? or just the 3M warranty card?
I have 3M on my Vento. Checked to see whether the 3M symbol was there and got the card as well. Here's the symbol on my car.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-img_2609.jpg  

Old 21st May 2011, 16:00   #36
BHPian

The kenwood HU is drool worthy. Its seems fully loaded too. But then how different is this one from the Pioneer AVH 3350 BT in ventomans baby? I guess except for the built in GPS its almost the same. The Pioneer has an add on unit which can be hooked to it and ,voila, its GPS ready. It costs way lesser than this one. 75k is way too much for an HU. Maybe the kenwood dealers could give an accurate price if you contact them via mail.
Old 21st May 2011, 19:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Do other Ventos come with chrome edges? Request Vento owners to confirm. I cross checked in the Vento brochure which shows chrome plating! If true, this is another shock, proving the inconsistency of VW manufacturing :-(
I had been to the dealer for some paper work today. I noticed that the chrome highlight on the headlight knob was missing from all the variants in the showroom -- the petrol trendline, the petrol auto and the TD vehicle (a TDI highline). See the attached pic of the petrol auto. All the vehicles were March 2011 manufactured (looking at their VIN numbers).

The cost squeeze has been since March and it is almost as if they hoped no one would notice!

VW will soon be forced to change their indifference towards customers, given how the competition is faring.
Attached Thumbnails
Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-img_0413.jpg  

Old 21st May 2011, 19:42   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
I noticed that the chrome highlight on the headlight knob was missing from all the variants in the showroom -- the petrol trendline, the petrol auto and the TD vehicle (a TDI highline). See the attached pic of the petrol auto. All the vehicles were March 2011 manufactured (looking at their VIN numbers).

The cost squeeze has been since March and it is almost as if they hoped no one would notice!
Thanks nilesch for the information. The cost squeeze is ridiculous, considering they are taking the customer for granted. It definitely is a small part and not an important one at that. But it definitely adds to the look of the car. As you rightly said considering the competition , VW is facing right now, they have to start mopping up their act.

That removes one worry from my list. I was preparing myself to get after the dealership and VW as to why , the chrome was omitted in my car.So after all, it actually is a cost squeeze in the newer vehicles.
Old 22nd May 2011, 16:44   #39
BHPian

Finally my car is "sunfilmed"

I took few pics while the sunfilms were being applied.

I could verify the originality of 3M CR 70 as well at Junction. See this pic:
Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-imag0276.jpg

It comes as a roll & is cut for specific lengths depending on the car model.
Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-imag0277.jpg

The film was pasted using water onto the outside of the windshield.
Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-imag0280.jpg

Then a drier was used to expand/fit the straight & flat film to match the exact shape/contour of the windshield.
Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-imag0282.jpg
Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-imag0283.jpg

And was then cut to match the exact w/s contour. It was finally pasted onto the w/s from inside the car. I realized it requires a skilled worker to do this job! I checked with the guy & he said he works at 3M and visits such accessory shops for this specific job (front w/s) as it requires enough experience to do this. BTW, I paid [COLOR=inherit]5500/- in[/COLOR] all for CR 70
Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-imag0287.jpg

Other guy applied films to windows & rear w/s, while CR70 was being applied by other two guys. I am yet to take some nice shots of the car after the filming job. I am planning to do this shortly & put up the pics before & after sunfilm application.
Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-imag0288.jpg
Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-imag0279.jpg

Meanwhile, I noticed the "PDI OK" sticker which I hadnt observed earlier! It was there in the left top corner of the front w/s. See this pic:
Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-imag0286.jpg
Old 22nd May 2011, 17:07   #40
Team-BHP Support

edit: I didn't read the whole post. He did fitting and fitted from outside then fitted it inside which is ok.

Where was this done?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 22nd May 2011 at 17:09.
Old 22nd May 2011, 17:14   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
He did fitting and fitted from outside then fitted it inside which is ok.

Where was this done?
Got it done at Junction, Jayanagar, Bangalore. Checked with some shops in JC Road but went to Junction as it is nearby to me & offered competitive pricing too.

Also, I saw another Vento & had a chat with the owner. He had managed to get a nice & cute rear view camera fitted just above the number plate. Surprisingly, it was almost invisible from normal eye view with the boot closed. See the pic. This camera was beautifully integrated to his JVC HU . I could see the green/yellow/red linings in the JVC HU while in reverse gear position.
Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-imag0289.jpg

Last edited by blackdiesel : 22nd May 2011 at 17:26.
Old 22nd May 2011, 19:28   #42
BHPian

Quote:
I already have the 3M films with me for sides & rear windshield. But I dont have the front windshield one. Can you guys share how much it would cost for a 3M windshield screen?
Hey blackdiesel, your car looks smashing already, with the black tints. Can already make out the same from the pic you posted (before and after).

Which one did u opt for , for the side and rear.
I intend to go for the same for my car.

As for the JVC HU, did you have a chat with him on which unit he has and where he procured it from? How much did it cost him?

Once again absolutely love the way she looks right now.
Old 22nd May 2011, 21:38   #43
BHPian

@blackdiesel;
How much VLT(visible light transmission) this 3M offers ? or how in other words How much is the Visible light block is by it ?
How much Sunblock film you've installed on it front Windshield ?
As in the comparison picture, the tint seems to be on the higher side, does your local Bengaluru authorities permit these ?
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:45   #44
BHPian

True that. The tint looks to be a bit on the darker side. But we might have a better picture when he posts the picture of the entire car complete with all the tints.

Blackdiesel , also a few more details on the JVC HU too please!
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:09   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This is my friends car who took delivery last month. It's a diesel highline.
Nice leather upholstery. Can you please give me an idea of the cost and the brand by checking with your friend? Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed