Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2011, 22:03   #61
BHPian

Re: Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hey blackdiesel, missed out on your thread for a while. Quickly piping in with a couple of points:
  • My AT Highline has the chrome surround on the light switch- it's of Jan '11 manufacture
  • Saw that you were choosing between Kenwood DNX7380BT and JVC AVX746- please confirm if this is a custom fit for the Polo (Vento). Otherwise they will install a custom frame to fit the unit to your car- this costs about 3-4K extra plus you will lose some of the OE feel. The Motevo that subodh has installed and the Caska that I am seriously considering are OE designed for Polo/Vento.
Cheers
Noops
These were the two HU's suggested by Junction accessory shop. And I saw the JVC HU on a car too. JVC also has a detachable front panel, which might come handy. However, I am looking for a fully loaded one. As you said, both these are not OE for Vento. But JVC costs around 27K as I checked.

Also, how is the audio quality in Motevo? Can you give us the Witson vs. Motevo comparo? That might answer many questions.
Old 26th May 2011, 00:28   #62
BHPian

Eventually it seems to have come down to Witson vs Caska vs Motevo , if we are interested in a fully loaded HU , a lesser expensive deal, money saved could be invested in a speaker upgrade and a slight compromise on the sound quality (as per the members with high quality ICE systems) and of course the beautiful OE look. I guess noopster or subodh or even the others could give a comparo as suggested by blackdiesel for a clearer picture. after you guys meet of course as planned.
Old 27th May 2011, 22:11   #63
BHPian

I know I delayed putting up these photos; sorry for that, but let me tell you, I enjoyed taking these photos ;-)

First bunch of photos: "Transparent" Black Bullet (before wearing sunfilms)

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09057.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09058.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09060.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09063.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09064.jpg
Old 27th May 2011, 23:55   #64
BHPian

Here goes the photos with sunfilmed avatar of Black Bullet:

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09070.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09071.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09072.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09073.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09078.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09080.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09082.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09083.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09085.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09079.jpg

Last edited by blackdiesel : 27th May 2011 at 23:58.
Old 28th May 2011, 00:03   #65
BHPian

Few more photos, but with a twist ;-)

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09087.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09088.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09089.jpg

Black Bullet in Bangalore - VW Vento Highline TDi-dsc09090.jpg

@mods: Hope you dont mind this back to back post.
Old 28th May 2011, 00:16   #66
BHPian

blackdiesel ! there you are. Was wondering where you disappeared after promising us pictures of your baby with the shades. I am sure you loved clicking those snaps. She looks ravishing. The dark tints make a world of difference on her. She looked good without those tints and she looks sleek and fab-simply fantastic with those tints.

They are not that dark as they seemed in your earlier post when you were getting them done. So i guess, it shouldnt pose a problem with our friendly cops.

Now, all that you need to complete the look would be black snazzy alloys like the ones mikon has on his trendline and we have a star!!

Blackdiesel you have CR70 on the front. What about the side and the rear?

Notice a stain under the front in some pics? Is she leaking oil?
Also notice your plastic on the headrests and the HU havent come off yet eh?

Last edited by ventolute : 28th May 2011 at 00:17. Reason: add to post
ventolute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2011, 00:25   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventolute View Post
blackdiesel ! there you are. Was wondering where you disappeared after promising us pictures of your baby with the shades. I am sure you loved clicking those snaps. She looks ravishing. The dark tints make a world of difference on her. She looked good without those tints and she looks sleek and fab-simply fantastic with those tints.

They are not that dark as they seemed in your earlier post when you were getting them done. So i guess, it shouldnt pose a problem with our friendly cops.

Now, all that you need to complete the look would be black snazzy alloys like the ones mikon has on his trendline and we have a star!!

Blackdiesel you have CR70 on the front. What about the side and the rear?

Notice a stain under the front in some pics? Is she leaking oil?
Also notice your plastic on the headrests and the HU havent come off yet eh?
Alloys, I think I will keep on hold till I start much of traveling (may be a year or so).

As for the sunfilms, there seems to be a bit of confusion about the number. Of course it is 3M; but I got them from a friend & he is yet to confirm me the number. I will post it by Monday.

And it is water dripping a bit after a neat car wash.

Yup. I have removed the covers only for the driver's seat. Decided to remove others when I plan for a nice trip. Currently I use the car only for office-home. Seriously planning to go out some time.
Old 28th May 2011, 01:29   #68
BHPian

@blackdiesel;
Your Black Vento really looks 'killer' with Black tints. Hope your Local RTO & Trafic officers won't mind the latter ones.
How the car is technically performing now ? i.e: Power, Acceleration, FE & NVH levels.

Sorry to ask, but what did your dealer responded on missing Chrome trim for Headlamp switch ?
CRtorquefan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2011, 10:37   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome dude. It's definitely a killer now. Do you have shades on your front windshield?
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2011, 10:52   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Awesome dude. It's definitely a killer now. Do you have shades on your front windshield?
Hey naveee. yeah he has got the 3M CR70 for his front and it looks pretty neat and clear. Even the sides dont seem too dark to attract attention . Overall a job well done isnt it?
Soory blackdiesel for taking over
ventolute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2011, 19:45   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
@blackdiesel;
Your Black Vento really looks 'killer' with Black tints. Hope your Local RTO & Trafic officers won't mind the latter ones.
How the car is technically performing now ? i.e: Power, Acceleration, FE & NVH levels.

Sorry to ask, but what did your dealer responded on missing Chrome trim for Headlamp switch ?
In general, there is problem with traffic laws for the "white board" vehicles. And I dont think it is so dark anyway.

A salesman I am in touch with said he though chrome plating came with highline cars. It is not so, & have also put it on VW's twitter page. Their reply was generic saying "Trendline does not have as many chrome elements as the Highline does. You may be comparing two different trim levels. Do check". I have demanded a specific reply from them. Lets see. As you know, VW is slow in responding to queries.

Power & acceleration is top class. Ya. There seems to be a little bit of raw vibration few times as discussed in earlier posts; but doesnt matter much. Noise level "feels" to be high, but it isnt so, as verified using decibel measurement.

As for the FE, there is something I want so share. I live in south Bangalore & travel 17+17 km a day to work & back home. In this route, am getting around 14 kmpl. I felt it is very low. But I analyzed it a bit - the average speed as shown in the display is just 15kmph; which means I take around an hour or so to travel 17km! This gave me a perspective that the low mileage is due to the very low speed! The same car had shown an average 21.9 kmpl mileage when I hit the NICE road where I was in 5th gear for more than 10 mins.
Then, I happened to stay in electronic city for the whole of last week, & traveled 22+22 km. The average speed was around 30! In this scenario, traveling on Hosur road, the mileage I could get was always 16-17kmpl (average), with 17.3 being the highest; which is quite enough given the traffic in this road.

So, moral of the story: if you can manage good average speed, go to 5th gear in couple of stretches, no doubt you will get 17 minimum.
Now I am thinking how to get better average-speed in my regular route

Quote:
Hey naveee. yeah he has got the 3M CR70 for his front and it looks pretty neat and clear. Even the sides dont seem too dark to attract attention . Overall a job well done isnt it?
Soory blackdiesel for taking over
Its fine Ventolute.
@Naveen: see my earlier post in this thread for some pics of CR70 sunfilm application at the accessory shop.
Old 30th May 2011, 01:08   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiesel View Post
So, moral of the story: if you can manage good average speed, go to 5th gear in couple of stretches, no doubt you will get 17 minimum.
Now I am thinking how to get better average-speed in my regular route
Don't try to extract too much Fuel efficiency from its engine, only try to drive with Light-Right foot, except for occasional spirited drives.
Excessive fuel-efficiency from an engine deteriorates its performance & its Life-span.
IMO, the FE you're getting presently is excellent for a 1.6l 105PS Heavy-weight Sedan, even many hatchabcks won't delivers such impressive FE figures.
Drive sensibly & carefully.
Old 31st May 2011, 10:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

For ICE, I have thought about going for a JVC unit (or Kenwood since both are detachable). In JVC, you get a 7" one for 20K. They are not that costly and for GPS you have your big screen phone. You still get a lot of options for music which is the main gripe.
Old 31st May 2011, 13:30   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
For ICE, I have thought about going for a JVC unit (or Kenwood since both are detachable). In JVC, you get a 7" one for 20K. They are not that costly and for GPS you have your big screen phone. You still get a lot of options for music which is the main gripe.
Hey , where are you sourcing your JVC from and which exact model is it?
Old 31st May 2011, 14:00   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey , where are you sourcing your JVC from and which exact model is it?
Its jvc avx736. I was quoted 20K in a shop near home but for the same (I think) Hot tracks quoted 27K.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks