Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2018, 18:34   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusharsethi View Post
Hello Everyone,

The car came back all shining again, but there was a problem.

Before the accident, the car was jerking a lot. This was because on my last trip to Delhi, I got fuel filled in at a Pump in Manesar, just before the toll road. After driving the car for about 50kms, the car started jerking. After checking everything, it turns out, there was kerosene mixed into the diesel. So, after spending a whole day at the workshop and getting the diesel tank completely drained, it turns out, there was a little more than half a litre of kerosene in the 50odd litres. Still the car continued to jerk a little because of the kerosene still in the fuel lines. After about another 50kms, it was perfectly fine, but still kept getting the Heater plug light and the check engine light in between. It used to come on for 1 second and then go away. The main thing was that the car would loose all power in this one second.

Anyhow, I got the car back to Jaipur without any trouble in this part. So, when the car went for the accident repair, I told them to look into this problem. After spending 6 days at the workshop, I was assured that the problem has been rectified and it was just a little more kerosene in the fuel lines. After 10 kms, the same problem started. I went back the next day, and the reason given was that, the heater plug wiring has given away and will have to be replaced. It will be done under warranty but I would have to wait for 5 days as the wiring will have to come from GM. This was on the 14th. I called them on the 19th, but the wiring had not come. Finally the wiring came on saturday, the 25th. The car is right now with them and I should be getting it tomorrow. I will update on this section as soon as I get it back tomorrow. I have also asked them to give me a proper explanation, as to why the wiring has conked off at just 18000 kms.
Hi Tushar

A friend of mine has exactly the same issue on his Cruze regarding jerking, with the heater plug light and check engine light coming on for a few moments. He is curious to know how you got the problem fixed.

Please do share for our benefit.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks