Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 21:21   #46
Team-BHP Support

re: Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tusharsethi View Post
Now even I dont like these alloys . Can someone please let me know where I can source Enkei alloys in India? I'm getting them from the US and will be using Sea Shipping as Air turns out to be too expensive and Sea takes about 30-35 days. If someone can help arranging these from anywhere Delhi,Bombay, Chennai, Bangalore, anywhere.. I really need good rims. Please help!
Why not look out for Lenso too? They have some great designs. Will call my person tomorrow and check for Enkei. Otherwise you can call him too, Pal Tyres. Check the Tbhp directory for Mumbai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
+1. They absolutely marred the looks of this great looking car. IMO, Cruze is one of the few cars that come with outstanding looking stock alloys.

The simplest and cheapest solution is to paint them black to go with overall dark grey color of your car and will also ensure mean look to the overall package.
IMO the Cruze alloys aren't that great. They really don't look 16". I think Skoda offers much better looking rims on the Laura. The Civic again has just ok looking rims.
Old 3rd June 2011, 22:25   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Why not look out for Lenso too? They have some great designs. Will call my person tomorrow and check for Enkei. Otherwise you can call him too, Pal Tyres. Check the Tbhp directory for Mumbai.

IMO the Cruze alloys aren't that great. They really don't look 16". I think Skoda offers much better looking rims on the Laura. The Civic again has just ok looking rims.
Hi Akshay,

i spoke to Kenny at Pal Tyres and there isn't anything good available right now. My first preference was Lenso but couldn't find anything appealing.

I changed the Stock alloys because of the exact same reason. I didn't find them good looking at all and also I got a buy-back value of 25k for the 5 stock alloys

Please let me know if you find anything good over there.

Thanks a lot
Old 3rd June 2011, 22:43   #48
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Tushar on a great car;

Your alloys look just great to me; BTW alloys are always a personal choice and you should go by your own personal liking.

Have a great time with a great vehicle; do let us know the current FE...
Old 6th June 2011, 23:32   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Congrats Tushar on a great car;

Your alloys look just great to me; BTW alloys are always a personal choice and you should go by your own personal liking.

Have a great time with a great vehicle; do let us know the current FE...
Hey,

Thanks a lot.

The car has now done 1,500 kms and has been driven 80% on the highways. No issues till now whatsoever. There's just an issue of Wobbling at high speeds which seems to be because of the alloys. Will get them balanced properly tomorrow.

The current FE is too low at about 9.5-10kmpl and should improve over time. If there are any ICE people watching this, please help me here
Old 9th July 2011, 18:51   #50
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I apologize for the disappearance. I was out of the country and the monster was sleeping under the covers. The first thing I did after getting back to take of the covers and let it roar. It was an amazing feeling to drive the beast after a good 20 days. I have done about 2.5k kms with the beast now and it has been an excellent experience.

A sore point was that I scratched the LHS Running Board by mistake.

I will update this thread regularly now. Till then, I have a little teaser for you
Attached Thumbnails
Chevy Cruze 12500kms update with minor mods-photo.jpg  

Old 11th July 2011, 11:49   #51
BHPian

Thats nice.. a tuning box for a road rocket. Awaiting more details.
Old 15th July 2011, 00:35   #52
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

Life has been too exciting since the past couple of days. The Cruze is already a mad machine, but as you know it, power is never enough. So I went ahead and got the Race Dynamics DieselTronic for the Cruze and believe me I'm scared now. The thrust of power is 'Dangerous'. It is really scary when you put it in the P2 mode. The car is doing wheelspins in gearshifts even on 225 Conti tyres. Be it 1-2 shift 2-3 or even 3-4th! This may have been the best investment I ever made.

The DieselTronic has 4 different modes and comes with a very cool wireless remote now. It has a very easy plug-n-play system and I installed it in 5 mins flat. The four modes are Economy(E), Stock(S), Power 1(P1) and Power 2(P2). The best mode out of all the four is the P1 mode. Economy kills the car. Th lag is too much and the car keeps stalling. Stock is the same. P1 is the most exciting mode out of all four. It gives the car the right amount of power when you need it. Most importantly, it doesn't make you wheelspin around town. In this mode RaceDynamics claims to increase mileage by 25% and power and torque by 15%. I have not been able to test the mileage part but definitely agree on the Power part. It also reduces the Turbo lag by a very good extent. This is the best mode as you're still in control and it makes it too much fun to drive.

The fourth mode and the most scary one is the P2. RD claims the power to be increased by 40% in this mode. I would not call it a proper 40% increase as the Cruze is 150bhp's and a 40% increase would take it to 210Bhp which is not true. I would agree to about a 25% increase at the most. But this mode makes you feel like a rally driver. The RPM band and the power delivery is too good. But the quick acceleration makes it tiring to use this mode on Indian Roads. The constant wheelspins make it even worse. Nevertheless, P2 kicks out an amazing boost from the engine and is good for empty highway drives.

The P1 mode is perfect for both city and highway conditions as it increases the mileage and brings the power to a perfect place where you can enjoy it without worrying.

Dealing with RaceDynamics was a very pleasant experience and these guys are very professional. I dealt with Chetan from their team and it was a perfect transaction. I had a small niggle in the installation and got a call from their technical team in 5 mins and they helped me out.
P.S. - People who want to install the box in their Cruze, please disconnect the battery terminals before installing and after installing leave the terminals connected for about 2 mins so that you dont get a Code 84 error.

Everytime I have to go somewhere, the excitement and the excuse of sitting in the drivers seat to a monster is just amazing. I will keep updating this thread with details and experiences I have with the DieselTronic as well.

Thanks
tusharsethi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 10:03   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Life has been too exciting since the past couple of days. The Cruze is already a mad machine, but as you know it, power is never enough. So I went ahead and got the Race Dynamics DieselTronic for the Cruze and believe me I'm scared now. The thrust of power is 'Dangerous'. It is really scary when you put it in the P2 mode. The car is doing wheelspins in gearshifts even on 225 Conti tyres. Be it 1-2 shift 2-3 or even 3-4th! This may have been the best investment I ever made.

Thanks
Beast! Awesome addon! How do you manage it within city!

How much did it cost and did you cover 5k on odo?
Old 15th July 2011, 10:38   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

I went ahead and got the Race Dynamics DieselTronic for the Cruze and believe me I'm scared now. The thrust of power is 'Dangerous'.

The DieselTronic has 4 different modes and comes with a very cool wireless remote now.

Everytime I have to go somewhere, the excitement and the excuse of sitting in the drivers seat to a monster is just amazing. I will keep updating this thread with details and experiences I have with the DieselTronic as well.
@tusharsethi-This is really exciting! Congratulations!! How is this installation different from the Petes? Is this available only for diesel engines Please update with expenses and the increase in FE,too in due course.

And above all enjoy the great experience!! Cheers,charthom.
Old 15th July 2011, 11:22   #55
BHPian

Sorry sorry but the alloys you put are seriously bad man, Your car is just too good for alloys of these standard. OEM alloys were far better. It doesn't matter which tuning box you got on the inside, those alloys need to go
Old 15th July 2011, 11:26   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
@tusharsethi-This is really exciting! Congratulations!! How is this installation different from the Petes? Is this available only for diesel engines Please update with expenses and the increase in FE,too in due course.

And above all enjoy the great experience!! Cheers,charthom.
Both Petes and RD are plug and play / DIY types. No major difference

The good thing about RD, unlike Petes is that they have a tuning box for Petrol cars as well
thedreamcatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 11:37   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post

The good thing about RD, unlike Petes is that they have a tuning box for Petrol cars as well
Thanks for the info, DC.It was really kind indeed. Now FE and expenses in due course.
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 12:04   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Tushar, that's an exciting addition to an already monster of an engine. I am so glad to see this review as this is what I am saving up for as my next upgrade. But, i am not as gutsy as you to get it done so early in the ownership.

According to me, I intend to enjoy the 150 horses which itself is plenty of power on tap before another 50 horses are added. You know after a point in time, 150 seems run of the mill and you feel as if your driving a car that pants all the time. That's when RD/Pete's/ECU re-map will come into picture to bring a exciting new perspective to life

I used to have an Accent Viva CRDi with Pete's box and I agree when you get used to the box, it is difficult to drive it back on stock settings. However, the only major issue was that under hard accelaration it use to smoke like hell...Well, it was just an embarrasment not really an issue

There is one more Cruze from Hyderabad who got an ECU remap done and bumped up the engine power to 220BHP ( its in Brraj Optra thread) and I come across that car in the city once in a while and is part of a drag racing team in Hyderabad.

Now some queries :-

1. Why did you choose RD over Pete's Box ( Assuming Pete's has one for Cruze)

2. Didnt you contemplate ECU remap instead of a box?

3. Can you post some pictures of the internal switch with settings ( all of them) and also some pictures of wireless remote and how it functions?

4. I can understand Stock, P1, P2. But, what in the world is "Economy Mode' Care to throw some light?

5. Finally, what's the cost of the box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Thanks for the info, DC.It was really kind indeed. Now FE and expenses in due course.
Having used a Pete's box in the past. I can confirm there will definetly be "no drop" in FE but, could be possibility of increase but, then that could also be a myth. No expenses due to box installation

My rough pricing guess for the RD box for Cruze is 40K.
Old 15th July 2011, 12:22   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi1309 View Post
Sorry sorry but the alloys you put are seriously bad man, Your car is just too good for alloys of these standard. OEM alloys were far better. It doesn't matter which tuning box you got on the inside, those alloys need to go
Hi Abhi,

Thanks for your opinion. But, as you can check in my previous posts. The alloys are already on their way. I went in for Enkei Falcons. They're stuck at customs and will take a little time to be released as I didn't want to pay 30% duty!

Quote:
Tushar, that's an exciting addition to an already monster of an engine. I am so glad to see this review as this is what I am saving up for as my next upgrade. But, i am not as gutsy as you to get it done so early in the ownership.

According to me, I intend to enjoy the 150 horses which itself is plenty of power on tap before another 50 horses are added. You know after a point in time, 150 seems run of the mill and you feel as if your driving a car that pants all the time. That's when RD/Pete's/ECU re-map will come into picture to bring a exciting new perspective to life

I used to have an Accent Viva CRDi with Pete's box and I agree when you get used to the box, it is difficult to drive it back on stock settings. However, the only major issue was that under hard accelaration it use to smoke like hell...Well, it was just an embarrasment not really an issue

There is one more Cruze from Hyderabad who got an ECU remap done and bumped up the engine power to 220BHP ( its in Brraj Optra thread) and I come across that car in the city once in a while and is part of a drag racing team in Hyderabad.

Now some queries :-

1. Why did you choose RD over Pete's Box ( Assuming Pete's has one for Cruze)

2. Didnt you contemplate ECU remap instead of a box?

3. Can you post some pictures of the internal switch with settings ( all of them) and also some pictures of wireless remote and how it functions?

4. I can understand Stock, P1, P2. But, what in the world is "Economy Mode' Care to throw some light?

5. Finally, what's the cost of the box?

Having used a Pete's box in the past. I can confirm there will definetly be "no drop" in FE but, could be possibility of increase but, then that could also be a myth. No expenses due to box installation

Hi Mobike,

1) The main reason I chose the RD box over Petes was that it had 4 switchable modes. I will not be the only one driving this car and I didn't want my mom to feel uncomfortable driving the car with so much power. Another reason was that I drove a RD Swift and I was amazed by the power increase and didn't have a very good experience with a Pete'd Swift.

2) Having a ECU remap is the same thing as I cant switch it back to stock and hence didn't want to go in for it.

3) I will definitely put up some pics soon.

4) The economy mode according to RD increases the mileage by about 40%. I haven't used that mode much because frankly it kills the car. The lag is too much.

5) The price for the Diesel Tronic starts at 19,990 + Taxes for different cars. I will PM you the price of the Cruze box. All I can say is you will not have to save too much for this upgrade
tusharsethi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2011, 12:30   #60
BHPian

Quote:

It is about 38K in Bangalore, when inquired but heard there is no filter yet available for cruze

But reliability for Petes box is well known (personally have used it on elantra for more than 20,000kms) but haven't personally seen many people using RD ecu for diesels for a long time, might be good though

Last edited by raj.barcode : 15th July 2011 at 12:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks