Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:43   #1
BHPian

From Maggi to Maverick : My Maruti Ritz

2nd May 2011, the date destined for Maverick "The Bull" Ritz to unite with his master, 4 days after the True Value personnel took possession of Maggi.
Before I go on to the Ritzperience, just want to share a few words about Maggi.

Year 2006 , after selling my first car "Cherry" (1997 Maruti 800 DX) ,I was was on the verge of picking up a 2002 Zen from a leading used car dealer in Bangalore. Took the TD , paid the advance and while leaving the showroom , my eyes fell on a phoenix red beauty in the corner. Two hours before the promised delivery time , the dealer called me up to inform that Zen was involved in a fender bender in the show room and offered me another Zen.

I wasn't happy with TD and was about to collect the advance refund as I felt the phoenix red beauty inviting me for a drive. I asked for a TD and Maggi came into my life. She was a 2000 800 DX. Together we traveled for 65K kms in 5 years, and when it was time for me to officially bring my lady love into my life, I insisted on Maggi being the chariot to the church.

But after 5 years and countless adventures , finally with a heavy heart we had to part ways as she was getting on in age and was no longer an easy maintenance babe. The final straw was when she broke down bang in the middle of Bandipur forest. Though I tried convincing myself for 6 more months on keeping her, it was time...

So the contenders

Eliminated first round

i10 - Not happy with highway handling and wife didn't want it as her friend has the same (ah girls !!!!)

Polo - Waiting period was oomph

Punto - Turning radius was a turn off and horror stories about the service

Eliminated Second Round

Beat - Too small a Boot and poor rear comfort

Swift - Wife absolutely vetoed it as she was afraid it will re-ignite the dormant racer boy in me - My bad- Kept talking about handling and cornering.

Final Elimination

i20 - Amazing vehicle , except for the power and dead steering

Figo - I felt it is only behind swift in handling , but very underpowered

Choice

Ritz Vxi - Even though Ritz wasn't a winner except for reliability and service network in any of the features considered , it was always in the top three and hence the most practical car in the list. And about the rear design - I can live with it.

Booked the vehicle with Pratham Motors Bellandur . I knew Mr.Madhu GM sales from my earlier stint with a private insurance co. He made sure the entire process was smooth and on the fourth working day the Black Bull was delivered.

21 days and 800 Kms later my observations :-

Amazing engine smooth and silent
Reasonably good handling for a tall boy
Front seat comfort
Responsive steering
Tons of storage space
I love the Tacho
Road presence

Not so good ones

Side and Rear Visibility due to thick A and C Pillars
Rear Seat comfort is so-so
Boot space could have been better.

Service

Pratham Motors will never see my car again as their service is legendary.UM cars kodihalli has been servicing Maggi and I guess I will continue with them

ICE Matters

Fitted Maverick with Pioneer 6050 UB double din head unit
JBL CS and GTO 948 speakers. which may not be a killer ICE but serves my purpose.

OT - was searching for speakers for my cousins car in Cochin and came across a guy who wanted to sell fake JBL speakers, which as per him "JBL-ne tholppikkum" "will beat JBL" and I thought "Yeah Right - you want me to believe that part". Since it was fort Cochin , notorious for goons (and the guy looked menacing at times) I didnt pursue it any further. I hope the moron tries to sell one of those to Sam Kapasi.
Old 23rd May 2011, 14:03   #2
BHPian

re: From Maggi to Maverick : My Maruti Ritz

A Few Pics of Maggi and Maverick
Attached Thumbnails
From Maggi to Maverick : My Maruti Ritz-22774_270846536193_589166193_3496296_5341533_n1.jpg  

From Maggi to Maverick : My Maruti Ritz-208598_10150147618381194_589166193_6766030_2665853_n1.jpg  

From Maggi to Maverick : My Maruti Ritz-mr.jpg  

From Maggi to Maverick : My Maruti Ritz-05052011364.jpg  

From Maggi to Maverick : My Maruti Ritz-05052011366.jpg  

From Maggi to Maverick : My Maruti Ritz-05052011368.jpg  

Old 23rd May 2011, 14:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Let me be the 1st one to say "Congrats "
Welcome to group of Ritzians .
Let us know some more about the deal you got from Pratham compared to the other dealers in Bangalore. I reason why i ask this, because at the time when i got my Ritz, Pratham offered me the best deal

" Service
Pratham Motors will never see my car again as their service is legendary."

also could you please let us know some more about this .

drive safe and keep us all posted about your new Ride .

Cheers
Old 23rd May 2011, 14:59   #4
BHPian

Let me be the first one to congratulate you on the new buy. Ritz is a very good car which will bring you many more smiles.
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:12   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Let me be the 1st one to say "Congrats "
Welcome to group of Ritzians .
Let us know some more about the deal you got from Pratham compared to the other dealers in Bangalore. I reason why i ask this, because at the time when i got my Ritz, Pratham offered me the best deal

" Service
Pratham Motors will never see my car again as their service is legendary."

also could you please let us know some more about this .

drive safe and keep us all posted about your new Ride .

Cheers
Hi - My friends and Myself has faced quite a few issues at Pratham Motors.
Ranging from dents on the vehicle , wrong billing , Charging without resolving the issues. Replacing parts were a simple repair could have done the job. I am sure the I have read about feedback about Pratham service in Team Bhp itself.
Old 23rd May 2011, 16:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations joe for your all new Maruti Ritz. She looks fabulous in black color. Please do add some more pics and keep the thread lively by updating it regularly.

Wishing you several years of happy driving.

Last edited by bluevolt : 23rd May 2011 at 16:47.

Most Viewed