Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2011, 13:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Is this any good ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet_b View Post
Pioneer DEH-2390UB
JBL CS-5 x 2 pairs, These are located in the doors.
For the HU - read this. Someone who's had a first-hand experience with it would anyday be in a better position to comment on it.
As for CS-5, and if I'm not mistaken, they are very basic entry-level components (unable to find them on indiajbl site), there's a lot better that you can get, may be not at the same price though. Also check the size, I think they are smaller ones too. In swift you could easily fit, 6.5" components.
Quote:
There are no speakers in the back on the tray. Also, How can I improve the experience with say minimal further expense (<5k)
If you only have 5k to spare then I'd suggest you swap the components with some entry-level ones from Bull/JBL(better ones). Since I have Morel's maximos in my swift I can vouch for them for being one of the best available at 5k. Audition these and you might not want anything else at 5k.

PS: I'd have loved to recommend dampening for the front doors but given the budget you may skip it for a while and get it done if you feel that rattling due to the components is unbearable.
Old 27th August 2011, 13:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

For your restrictive budget of 5k not much can be done I guess. I have seen good results in Etios with Rockford Fosgate Prime R1693 3-way 6 X 9 on rear parcel tray. They costed 4750/- with B&W. Personally I liked these compared to JBL competitor GT6-S699 priced similar.

Rockford Fosgate Prime R1693 3-way 6 X 9
Our New Swift VXi-rockfos-r1693_1_m.jpg

Our New Swift VXi-rockfos-r1693_2_m.jpg

However, you should audition them before finalizing anything.

Otherwise, in no-limit case the ICE gurus here can suggest some unthinkable things for you.
Old 27th August 2011, 13:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
If you only have 5k to spare then I'd suggest you swap the components with some entry-level ones from Bull/JBL(better ones). Since I have Morel's maximos in my swift I can vouch for them for being one of the best available at 5k. Audition these and you might not want anything else at 5k.
Did Maximos price came down to 5K? If that is true, look no further - replace the current speakers with a pair of maximos.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:12   #19
BANNED

Re: Our New Swift VXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
For your restrictive budget of 5k not much can be done I guess. I have seen good results in Etios with Rockford Fosgate Prime R1693 3-way 6 X 9 on rear parcel tray. They costed 4750/- with B&W. Personally I liked these compared to JBL competitor GT6-S699 priced similar.

Rockford Fosgate Prime R1693 3-way 6 X 9
Attachment 600370

Attachment 600371

However, you should audition them before finalizing anything.

Otherwise, in no-limit case the ICE gurus here can suggest some unthinkable things for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Did Maximos price came down to 5K? If that is true, look no further - replace the current speakers with a pair of maximos.
Quote:
For the HU - read this. Someone who's had a first-hand experience with it would anyday be in a better position to comment on it.
As for CS-5, and if I'm not mistaken, they are very basic entry-level components (unable to find them on indiajbl site), there's a lot better that you can get, may be not at the same price though. Also check the size, I think they are smaller ones too. In swift you could easily fit, 6.5" components.

PS: I'd have loved to recommend dampening for the front doors but given the budget you may skip it for a while and get it done if you feel that rattling due to the components is unbearable.
Righto so these Morel Maximo's are geared towards SPL or SQ or both ?
Would it be better to add a bass tube instead? like make for an overall better experience ?
I think the JBL base model tube is around 5k ? or would the bass just overwhelm the treble perhaps me thinks..
Old 29th August 2011, 19:40   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Righto so these Morel Maximo's are geared towards SPL or SQ or both ?
Would it be better to add a bass tube instead? like make for an overall better experience ?
I think the JBL base model tube is around 5k ? or would the bass just overwhelm the treble perhaps me thinks..
Well the Maximos aren't really SPL components but very nice SQ for its price, IMO the best at this price.
Please don't add a bass tube unless all you want to hear is the boom (unless you are a boom lover). Get a Bull/JBL/Blaupunkt sub for about ~3-4k in a sealed box and you should be all set.
See at this price you wouldn't be able to get anywhere near a good SPL setup (I gave up the idea even when I spent 43k on my ICE) so why not spend it on getting a good SQ setup (gradually) instead.
Alternatively, you could get a pair of good components now, enjoy them for a while and while the Vitamin M accumulates, get an amp (this can't be missed) and a sub, for say about ~10k (amp + sub)
Old 29th August 2011, 22:52   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Well the Maximos aren't really SPL components but very nice SQ for its price, IMO the best at this price.
Please don't add a bass tube unless all you want to hear is the boom (unless you are a boom lover). Get a Bull/JBL/Blaupunkt sub for about ~3-4k in a sealed box and you should be all set.
See at this price you wouldn't be able to get anywhere near a good SPL setup (I gave up the idea even when I spent 43k on my ICE) so why not spend it on getting a good SQ setup (gradually) instead.
Alternatively, you could get a pair of good components now, enjoy them for a while and while the Vitamin M accumulates, get an amp (this can't be missed) and a sub, for say about ~10k (amp + sub)
Vitamin M, I like your choice of words there ; ).
Thank you & Everyone for your input. I'll look into these Morels now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed