Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2011, 14:15   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Black Ambiente Skoda Laura 1.8 TSI - Total satisfaction incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by buz View Post
I just bought mine online. How much time does it take for the full report to be emailed?
I think the report is prepared instantaneously once you make the payment. THe same report is simultaneously mailed to the id provided by you in the beginning.
Old 20th June 2011, 17:34   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
U should use the VIN and check for the date on vagauto.com. they give date as well. and if you are really keen on the entire checklist of features of the car (i was during my purchase of the laura) you can also get an extended report on the vehicle for 3.45 euros. totally worth it. spending 200 bucks before buying a 16 odd lacs car, totally worth it! hope it helps!
Thanks, adi_petrolhead, I'm sorted. Checked vagauto, got the date, signed off on the delivery and got the car yesterday.

Thanks also to everyone else who posted advice and comments on this thread regarding the Laura. It's been a great help.

Cedric and Buz, I really do hope your issues get sorted soon. It's a great car and the sooner you can get back to enjoying it again, the better.
Old 20th June 2011, 21:53   #138
BHPian

Had been to the service center to check on the availability of Fogs for the TSI. Got to know that fog light assembly is now available for the Fabia with the wiring harness and switch as well that costs around 15k. But for the Laura, they have not yet received the kit for the Laura. The service center has requested skoda for the same and they are yet to receive the kit. It may tentatively cost somewhere around 17K I was told. Although this is a speculative price from the service center guys, it is a bit relieving to know that it may not really cost 3.5K as discussed in this thread earlier.

Meanwhile I have sent another reminder mail to Skoda customer care. I suggest all of us should keep writing to Skoda to make them respond.
Old 21st June 2011, 09:23   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orko View Post
Checked vagauto, got the date, signed off on the delivery and got the car yesterday.
Congrats Orko! I got mine delivered on June 16th and an really loving it. After this, hope we all get to stay away from Skoda dealers as much as possible.
Old 21st June 2011, 09:24   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Had been to the service center to check on the availability of Fogs for the TSI. Got to know that fog light assembly is now available for the Fabia with the wiring harness and switch as well that costs around 15k. But for the Laura, they have not yet received the kit for the Laura. The service center has requested skoda for the same and they are yet to receive the kit. It may tentatively cost somewhere around 17K I was told. Although this is a speculative price from the service center guys, it is a bit relieving to know that it may not really cost 3.5K as discussed in this thread earlier.

Meanwhile I have sent another reminder mail to Skoda customer care. I suggest all of us should keep writing to Skoda to make them respond.
Maibaa, have you spoken to anybody from the technical team in Skoda Aurangabad? Which dealer are you talking to?

I escalated the matters to senior guys in Aurangabad & I got a call from Nitin Desai. He is at Skoda for the past 9 years and is the AGM from the Technical Side. He told me explicitly that the fogs technically can be fitted but the incremental harness is too complicated and commercially not viable. The entire harness is integrated with the Dashboard wiring, Electric Power Circuit, Central Locking System & Front Bumper Assembly. Now the biggest shocker, he quoted the retrofit would be around 9 lacs. To this I exclaimed, in that case, simple maths the engine, body and everything else other than wiring cost only 6 lacs.

His email id is Nitin.Dixit@skoda-auto.co.in Get Educated.
Old 21st June 2011, 09:47   #141
Team-BHP Support

I think you guys should be checking out briskoda. If anyone can help you it will be there.
Old 21st June 2011, 11:07   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
I escalated the matters to senior guys in Aurangabad & I got a call from Nitin Desai. He is at Skoda for the past 9 years and is the AGM from the Technical Side. He told me explicitly that the fogs technically can be fitted but the incremental harness is too complicated and commercially not viable. The entire harness is integrated with the Dashboard wiring, Electric Power Circuit, Central Locking System & Front Bumper Assembly. Now the biggest shocker, he quoted the retrofit would be around 9 lacs. To this I exclaimed, in that case, simple maths the engine, body and everything else other than wiring cost only 6 lacs.
9 Lakhs for retrofitting the fogs??!!

Cedricsg, if that is the case then all prospctive Laura buyers should start hunting for a car without fogs and ask for a 9L discount
Old 21st June 2011, 11:24   #143
Senior - BHPian

this is the whole charm of a Skoda. Owners will get the feeling that they are retrofitting foglights on a Lamborgini Reventon than an ordinary car. Imagine the ego-boost that it would give the owners.
lurker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2011, 14:28   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
this is the whole charm of a Skoda. Owners will get the feeling that they are retrofitting foglights on a Lamborgini Reventon than an ordinary car. Imagine the ego-boost that it would give the owners.
Everytime I look at a car with fogs now, it feels like gold. Its such a desirable object, thanks to somebody's decision in Aurangabad to make them scarce.
Old 21st June 2011, 14:39   #145
buz
BHPian

I am frankly not so interested in fogs per se, but wouldn't have minded them around. The things I miss are the auto dimming IRVM and the rain sensor on the wipers.

In fact, that reminds me, do the recent TSIs have heating on the ORVMs? That is also part of the prescribed list of facilities in the Ambiente but somehow I never feel any hot air coming through even though the ORVM control knob has an option for heating.

Also, has anyone retrofitted or tried it for the MDI or Bluetooth on the stock Skoda Swing audio player?
Old 21st June 2011, 16:12   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodred View Post
Congrats Orko! I got mine delivered on June 16th and an really loving it. After this, hope we all get to stay away from Skoda dealers as much as possible.
Thanks, bloodred. Looking forward to your report if you're planning one.
Old 21st June 2011, 20:25   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg

Maibaa, have you spoken to anybody from the technical team in Skoda Aurangabad? Which dealer are you talking to?

His email id is Nitin.Dixit@skoda-auto.co.in Get Educated.
I am speechless! I believe they are making up stories by quoting absurd figures to make us lose interest so we stop pursuing the matter. In that case, why is it that everyone has a different story to tell. The service guys, the dealers, the technical support team, all quote different figures! No one is sure about what they are talking!

BTW I am talking to Vinayak cars in Bangalore.
Old 11th August 2011, 19:44   #148
Senior - BHPian

Any news on missing fogs ? I am looking to buy Classic and see if i can get Fogs fitted seperately.
Old 11th August 2011, 21:17   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Any news on missing fogs ? I am looking to buy Classic and see if i can get Fogs fitted seperately.
I don't think there is an option to fit fogs separately, that too in a TSI Classic. The Ambiente' past glory has bee restored and it now comes with fogs, but still devoid of Auto dimming mirror and rain sensing wipers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks