Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2011, 17:57   #31
BHPian

Re: Car is good but cash is mine (Ford Figo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Ouch! That's very unfortunate . Where and how did it happen? Did you show the car to workshop?

Regards,
Jose.
Near my house. The road is pretty narrow and just enough for a car and a bike at the same time.

I was behind an 'ape' auto and the guy came in a bike from the opposite side and did not notice that I was behind the auto. Tried to squeeze in the gap between the auto and the wall and there was no space so hit figo's right side head on.
I stopped on seeing the bike coming at me cos I was crawling in first gear but too late and the bike hit my car at the same moment. :(

Worst Part
Since I am the car owner here I am declared the person at fault here. That is kind of established fact over here. People are so biased here. Even when people know it is not possible to speed here, they just say that the car was over speeding . I just moved from a stop.
They just say the car was on the wrong side. The road is only wide enough for a car, where is the wrong side ??

Cannot help it sometimes. :(

Last edited by figo_mba : 12th June 2011 at 17:58. Reason: correction in language
Old 30th June 2011, 10:43   #32
BHPian

@ Figo_mba Is it possible to get power windows at the rear in Ford Figo? What is the cost involved?

Regards
Old 30th June 2011, 18:30   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
@ Figo_mba Is it possible to get power windows at the rear in Ford Figo? What is the cost involved?

Regards
To install rear power window is possible but tough. The power for the winder motors needs to come. The motors need to be there and a switch also. This needs to be done for both sides. Now I say instead of this trouble I would rather put on the Ac and keep the windows up all the time.
Old 9th July 2011, 17:23   #34
BHPian

My 27000kms came up last month. A little late to post pics because in a week My figo is going to clock 28000Kms.

just uploadin the pictures of my odo here.

Now I have no rattles in the car; Suspension is fine.Sound is normal. Planning a race-chip modification to up the bhp and torque (depending on availability)

I put LED lights in the foot well. They are red and look awesome at night. Not able to click a good picture of them in the night.
Attached Thumbnails
Car is good but cash is mine (Ford Figo)-20110704-19.11.44.jpg  

Old 21st September 2011, 08:51   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

have you yet done the 30000 servicing? What were the costs involved? Can you please give the details of billing. I intend getting it done next weekend at vennala Ford service centre. It would be my first visit there. So you can kindly guide me as to whom i should approach too
Old 21st September 2011, 11:06   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
have you yet done the 30000 servicing? What were the costs involved? Can you please give the details of billing. I intend getting it done next weekend at vennala Ford service centre. It would be my first visit there. So you can kindly guide me as to whom i should approach too
30K service is long over. I am on 33K now.

It cost me Rs. 3800 Something inclusive of parts and labor.
They changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filter; wheel alignment was done

You can contact Rakesh/Ajesh of the Vennala Workshop. You can leave the car in the morning and take it back in the evening.
I would suggest that you book the engagement prior to going there although it is not mandatory.
Old 21st September 2011, 12:52   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

advice taken. By the way, why dont you post a 33k update in your thread? would be of great value for people who are surfing around to judge the performance of the car in the long run
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:06   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
advice taken. By the way, why dont you post a 33k update in your thread? would be of great value for people who are surfing around to judge the performance of the car in the long run

30K service costs
Fuel Filter Rs. 1039.06
Oil Filter Rs 333.38
Oil Rs 896.00
Total Rs 2269
+ labor Rs. 1300
Old 26th September 2011, 20:13   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
30K service costs
Fuel Filter Rs. 1039.06
Oil Filter Rs 333.38
Oil Rs 896.00
Total Rs 2269
+ labor Rs. 1300
Are the labor charges on the higher side? I believe the Maruti authorized service stations only charge Rs. 600/- as labor charges (or has that increased now?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon
You can contact Rakesh/Ajesh of the Vennala Workshop. You can leave the car in the morning and take it back in the evening. I would suggest that you book the engagement prior to going there although it is not mandatory.
I always get my car serviced at Varun Motors (Maruti authorized service station) in Begumpet, Hyderabad, and all I need to do is arrive before 10:30am for servicing. They don't need an appointment. The only downside to servicing at Varun Motors is that they don't have a vehicle pickup/drop-off but they can drop you off at the nearest auto or bus stop in your vehicle.
Old 26th September 2011, 23:45   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
Are the labor charges on the higher side? I believe the Maruti authorized service stations only charge Rs. 600/- as labor charges (or has that increased now?).
I am not sure of Maruti Service rates but I had this 20k service done for Swift Diesel once for my cousin and the bill was 3900bucks.
Having said that the labor seems to be on a higher side but I am not fully sure if I paid for something also with the service. Don't remember actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
I always get my car serviced at Varun Motors (Maruti authorized service station) in Begumpet, Hyderabad, and all I need to do is arrive before 10:30am for servicing. They don't need an appointment. The only downside to servicing at Varun Motors is that they don't have a vehicle pickup/drop-off but they can drop you off at the nearest auto or bus stop in your vehicle.
Appointment makes it simpler and easier. I would also like to tell here how I get my car serviced. I call up the service center, they pick my Figo up, get the servicing done and return it back at office.
Also another way I do it is, I reach the service center at 0845hours, leave the car there and get the car dropped off at my home.

All sorts of modes are done but it is more easier to inspect the car and get smaller things rectified when you go to the service center directly. So if it is not a routine service, or it is a visit to correct a niggle then I make sure I drop off the car and go back for pickup.
Old 13th December 2011, 12:11   #41
BHPian

Status update
  • 15months now and 38300 kms on the odo.
  • Race chip for power boost. Power claimed at 89bhp
  • Tires are good for another 5-7K kms.
  • Brake pads good for another 10-15K kms
  • Service now in another 2K kms (another 3 weeks probably)
  • Mileage - 18.6 kmpl (City) 20.4 (Highway)
  • AC usage - 100%
  • Issues till date
  • Rattling issues - comes and goes.
  • Stalling Issues - Completely solved to my satisfaction
  • Replacements under warranty till date - Front Brake calipers
  • Reliability: Rock Solid; Never let me stranded;
  • My Trust: 100%
  • Happiness: 100% happy
I am happy with the Figo. It is a no nonsense car.
figo_mba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 12:43   #42
BHPian

Which power chip did you install to boost your Figo's power to 89bhp? Could you please share the details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
Status update
  • 15months now and 38300 kms on the odo.
  • Race chip for power boost. Power claimed at 89bhp
  • Tires are good for another 5-7K kms.
  • Brake pads good for another 10-15K kms
  • Service now in another 2K kms (another 3 weeks probably)
  • Mileage - 18.6 kmpl (City) 20.4 (Highway)
  • AC usage - 100%
  • Issues till date
  • Rattling issues - comes and goes.
  • Stalling Issues - Completely solved to my satisfaction
  • Replacements under warranty till date - Front Brake calipers
  • Reliability: Rock Solid; Never let me stranded;
  • My Trust: 100%
  • Happiness: 100% happy
I am happy with the Figo. It is a no nonsense car.
Old 13th December 2011, 14:23   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar View Post
Which power chip did you install to boost your Figo's power to 89bhp? Could you please share the details?
I had installed a Race chip from Germany. Cost 125Euro and i saved on the shipment cost of 45Euro by getting my friend who was returning from Germany to get it for me. More details about the chip Chiptuning von RaceChip - die Powerbox für sicheres Motor Tuning

I have put my experience with the race chip in http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ford-figo.html

I have covered 5500kms since I have put the race chip in and there has not been any problems so far.

There is a claimed increase of 20percent or so on the torque but I have no means of testing it because there are no dyno around my place.

However I can tell that there is a definite increase in torque since the car literally goes from 20 to 80 kmph in 3rd gear. 3rd gear is like my automatic gear. Can coast around in the city all day.

Another friend of mine (actually friend of a friend) installed the chip and he compares his figo with the Hyundai Verna he used to own.

Last edited by figo_mba : 13th December 2011 at 14:25.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 12:27   #44
BHPian

Three weeks since 38K... Smiles all the way....
Attached Images

Old 16th December 2011, 13:43   #45
Senior - BHPian

You are difinitely one of the happiest car owners around who seems to look ahead of a car's shortcomings and cherish its credentials Can you compare your race chip tuned Figo with a stock Figo and give us your comments on the same? It would be useful to see the some figures too, if possible

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks