Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2013, 10:38   #46
BHPian

re: Volkswagen Vento Automatic - Terra Beige**EDIT: CNG kit installed**

CNG with Automatic transmission is always a tricky combination. My previous ride was a 2005 Santro Automatic which was converted to CNG (closed loop Lovato CNG Kit). It was converted at Eco-Fuel, Thane.

I faced the following problems in my car after the installation:
  1. Frequent visits to cng installer for getting the kit re-tuned.
  2. Stalling at idle rpms
  3. Ac Cooling significantly reduced
  4. Power loss of about 25-30%
  5. Engine timing issue due to which engine became rough and noisy. (used a timing advancer but to no avail)
  6. Engine overheating issues since the load on the engine is high in an Automatic + CNG car. Almost lost my engine once!!! Got stranded in the middle of road multiple times.
  7. Lastly the scariest part which made me throw away the CNG Kit. The car stalled in the middle of highway when I was cruising about 80kmph and lost breaking power and steering power. Luckily the road was clear ahead of me and I could use the handbrake to slow down the car. Next day morning CNG Kit goes out.
  8. The car is nowhere as smooth or refined as it was before the installation.
  9. Car Sold due to the bitter experience.
rahulsharma2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 15:33   #47
BHPian

Hi apologies for the late reply. My running cost is aprox. 300 rs for 160 km with ac. This includes very light traffic in early morning and heavy traffic in evening. The loss of power is about 10 percent with ac. Shall post some photos of the boot soon.
Old 24th March 2014, 17:22   #48

Re: Volkswagen Vento Automatic - Terra Beige**EDIT: CNG kit installed**

Hi, I am also from Mumbai and am planning to install a CNG kit in my Vento. Can you please share the details about your installation and from where did you get it done? Some pics would also be great if possible.
Old 31st August 2014, 12:48   #49
BHPian

apologies for the delay in replying. have stopped using cng after about 25000 km. this was due to spark plug fowling. was advised to use the car on petrol for some time to make the engine robust once again.

the car had issue with excess carbon being emitted from exhaust. this has stopped now since i am using petrol for about 5000 km.

would appreciate any comments from experts.
Old 31st August 2014, 13:55   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvluv View Post
apologies for the delay in replying. have stopped using cng after about 25000 km. this was due to spark plug fowling. was advised to use the car on petrol for some time to make the engine robust once again.

the car had issue with excess carbon being emitted from exhaust. this has stopped now since i am using petrol for about 5000 km.

would appreciate any comments from experts.
Were you not running the car on petrol intermittently while running on cng.I have been advised to run the car on petrol for around 1-2 kms daily while using cng.
Old 31st August 2014, 14:30   #51
BHPian

Hi sumeet
Yes I was infact I used to run the cars atleast 4 km on petrol and would also use petrol only during short trips.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks