Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2011, 15:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying a car - a journey by itself: Mitsubishi Cedia

^ Repairs in progress. Insurance took a long time.
My mechanic also sources parts from someone (who in turn gets those from Mumbai).

I am still looking at getting a new left headlight (complete assembly). My reflector has gone bad.
Can you let me know how much would be the cost?
Old 11th August 2011, 15:21   #32
Senior - BHPian

SUN, saw this thread now. Congrats on the purchase. The car looks immaculate in white. Very well maintained I must say.

Regarding your headlamps, why not go in for new ones all together? That would take care of the initial problem. Also, have you changed the front windscreen? What was the damage (in terms of money)?

Drive safe, and enjoy the drive.

EDIT:
Oops, just read about the accident. Sorry to hear that man. Saw a child seat in the car too. All safe?
Have you upgraded the tyres? Is the work being carried out at J.Williams or an independant garage?

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 11th August 2011 at 15:24.
Old 11th August 2011, 18:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

Accident was minor, but the estimates have been huge. I am sure outside would be cheaper, but since I am claiming insurance, this was the best option I could think of.
Yes. All passengers are safe.
Windshield is around 11 K all inclusive (approx price).
I don't know if headlights are different from headlamps, but I am not talking about the bulbs only.
A complete headlight (Stanley) cost from A.S.S is 18K.
Outside is much cheaper, but I doubt the fitting.
Old 11th August 2011, 19:11   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

SUN, congrats on the purchase and trust me you got a great deal. A Cedia is after all a Lancer and one at 4lac especially one that is seemingly in great shape...is a steal!

I read on another thread that Mistubishi engines run on and on...one guys was boasting he has 4 lac clicks on the odo without engine change. So why worry?

I noticed the car seat as well- great that you practice safe driving. Kudos. Hope the family is fine after the unfortunate accident.

Will keep an eye on this thread.
Old 24th August 2011, 15:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

Came across this PDF while searching for camber caster angles for Cedia.
http://sysdoc.doors.ch/MITSUBISHI/cedia.pdf

Although not the same as Indian Cedia, there is still some interesting material out there for Cedia lovers.

Is anyone doing alignment for the rear wheels too?
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2011, 16:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is anyone doing alignment for the rear wheels too?
Very rarely will you find the rear alignment on cedia/lancer go wrong under normal road conditions, but they do..I got it done last time and that of left rear was marginally out..look for new 3D ones, they are much more accurate.

Best not to touch rear suspension till you have accurate suspension geometry figures..

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 24th August 2011 at 16:20.
Old 24th August 2011, 16:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear you share my love for underdogs. Sorry to hear of the shunt. Get it sorted out and take care in future.
Old 24th August 2011, 23:11   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Very rarely will you find the rear alignment on cedia/lancer go wrong under normal road conditions, but they do..I got it done last time and that of left rear was marginally out..look for new 3D ones, they are much more accurate.

Best not to touch rear suspension till you have accurate suspension geometry figures..
Not aware if we have such a center in Pune.
Old 3rd September 2011, 19:31   #39

SUN hows has been your over all experience with the HM A.S.S- J Williams? I have taken my Cedia to them twice for the same problem- under carriage noise every time it goes over a hump or through a pot hole. Plus the steering noise- which could be because of the tie-rod-end.

Third time to them on monday- hope they get to the bottom of this.
Old 4th September 2011, 13:19   #40
Senior - BHPian

To be honest, I have not very impressed with JW so far.
Just got back my car after a month (insurance claim took a long time and these guys don't follow up at all).
The technical expertise has not been very good. The quality of work done is probably OK.
I will write more after I use my car further.
I would say, if you have mechanical problems, then you could contact my mechanic. He should be able to do a better analysis for mechanical problem.
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:14   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post

Hey GC, the Aquest guys tried checking alignment etc in mine (as posted on my thread) and they found no problem with it.

They however couldn't resolve a lateral knocking sound, sounds like a rod standing between two metal walls and hitting either like a pendulum. Happens when I go over bumps, short ones, and the sound comes from the rear.

The Aquest guys also dismantled and put together the entire rear suspension (charged some 400/- for labor only) but problem persists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcam View Post
SUN hows has been your over all experience with the HM A.S.S- J Williams? I have taken my Cedia to them twice for the same problem- under carriage noise every time it goes over a hump or through a pot hole. Plus the steering noise- which could be because of the tie-rod-end.

Third time to them on monday- hope they get to the bottom of this.
Hey Alcam, I see your sound problem could well be the same. Sounds like something is loose, doesn't cause any issues or problems but just the noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
To be honest, I have not very impressed with JW so far.
Just got back my car after a month (insurance claim took a long time and these guys don't follow up at all).
The technical expertise has not been very good. The quality of work done is probably OK.
I will write more after I use my car further.
I would say, if you have mechanical problems, then you could contact my mechanic. He should be able to do a better analysis for mechanical problem.
Hey S_U_N, long time man. Just saw your post about the accident too, take care and hoping all's good.

See what works for you, if you have a trusted mechanic then use the A.S.S. guys for just the run-of-the-mill stuff like regular servicing etc.
Old 23rd September 2011, 14:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Hey GC, the Aquest guys tried checking alignment etc in mine (as posted on my thread) and they found no problem with it.
I got my alignment checked at Darshan Tyres on Nagar Road. They did not have special settings for Cedia (They had something more generic in their system (Lancer/some other car/ and another car name). It seems they use that for Cedia. I have had the same observation at other alignment centers as well.

Also, caster and camber settings are not present. Only toe can be adjusted in Cedia (as is typical for FWD vehicle). Hope that is right.

My front alignment was alright, the rear needed some correction.
I have got Michelin PLC's in the front and older BS RE88 shifted to the rear now.
PLC cost was Rs. 5400 per piece (including balancing).
Old 23rd September 2011, 15:33   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I got my alignment checked at Darshan Tyres on Nagar Road. They did not have special settings for Cedia (They had something more generic in their system (Lancer/some other car/ and another car name). It seems they use that for Cedia. I have had the same observation at other alignment centers as well.

Also, caster and camber settings are not present. Only toe can be adjusted in Cedia (as is typical for FWD vehicle). Hope that is right.

My front alignment was alright, the rear needed some correction.
I have got Michelin PLC's in the front and older BS RE88 shifted to the rear now.
PLC cost was Rs. 5400 per piece (including balancing).
S_U_N the problem is not many alignment guys, atleast in Mumbai, have the Cedia's calibrations, that too the Indian spec ones we have.

They either have Lancer, or the Lancer Cedia which is international spec.

Even here they 'use' a suggested calibration for Cedias but I do not wish to rely on their guesstimate.

Best getting this done at A.S.S. guys, like I said, the running work can happen there peacefully.
Old 26th September 2011, 13:30   #44
Senior - BHPian

It is now a little less than 5000 KM since I have been using the car. Should I be servicing it now? Or should this be after some more time?
I am not using synthetic oil.
Old 26th September 2011, 15:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Hi Sir, I have got suspension of my cedia changed and even though I didn't change the tie rods and tie ends which majorly contributes to alignment, I thought the alignment may have gone out. Got it checked yesterday and it was perfect. Cant believe it didnt go out despite kaput arm bushes and shockers.

Quote:
They however couldn't resolve a lateral knocking sound, sounds like a rod standing between two metal walls and hitting either like a pendulum. Happens when I go over bumps, short ones, and the sound comes from the rear.

The Aquest guys also dismantled and put together the entire rear suspension (charged some 400/- for labor only) but problem persists.
is it something like tun tun tun sound from the rear, it certainly sounds like a pendulum, or two metal rods hitting each other. I think you missed this on my thread. If this is the culprit, then its nothing but two jumping rods in the boot. These are two diagonal rods under the rear speaker tray area, and these make noise when they hit each other. Small pieces of plastic foam between the two will do the need full. I am 99% sure it must be because of the rods. Cant believe ASC didnt check this. Asian Motors in delhi knew what it was as soon as I told them about the problem. This was when I bought the car.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 26th September 2011 at 15:30.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed