Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 14:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Turbo Beast: Laura TSI 2011 : CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Great car. I love this car from the front. Has the best design. I love the front more than that of my Jetta
where did you buy the 3D mat in Chennai?
Is it available for Linea too?
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

I apologize if this is a repeat query or has been answered elsewhere. Can someone please tell me where I can get these Kagu 3D mats in Mumbai, as well as approximate cost? Help much appreciated.
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:49   #18
buz
BHPian

Great pics! And of course, as we have been discussing already - great car! Only if Skoda hadn't fumbled at the last mile delivery of all they promised they will be giving. But then, that is still a minor irritant compared to the fun the car will give. Which part of the city are you from? If you live in the western suburbs, we could catch up sometime. In fact, there is a meeting of TBhp people on carter road almost every evening (which I am yet to attend!). Btw, Skoda called me back as well after I called them to lodge the complaint on the missing items (read - fogs, IRVM, rain sensor, cooled glove box). They are yet to call back now with some another person. Awaiting their call. Let's see how it goes. Anyway, enjoy the car and take it on to the expressway ASAP. The car deserves nothing short of a wide highway and - Drive safe!
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
I apologize if this is a repeat query or has been answered elsewhere. Can someone please tell me where I can get these Kagu 3D mats in Mumbai, as well as approximate cost? Help much appreciated.
OT: Car-point in Mumbai (Town, near opera house) is dealer for Kagu-mats. Car-point is sub dealer for them in Mumbai. About the cost it really depends on what you are looking for. I haven't heard much about the place lately.

Details:
Car Point
30, Behind Panchratna,
Girgaon Chowpatty,
Mumbai; 400004
Tel: 022-24452876 ‎

Hope this helps,

Furebo

Last edited by Furebo : 2nd June 2011 at 16:55. Reason: Hope this helps
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:33   #20
BHPian

Hey Congrats on getting yourself a beast of a car, wish you trouble-free ownership.

If it is not too much of a problem could you disclose how much the 3-D Mats cost you, because I got a quotation of 6K for the Laura from Moto-Mall Chennai.

Looking forward to your reply.
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buz View Post
Great pics! And of course, as we have been discussing already - great car! Only if Skoda hadn't fumbled at the last mile delivery of all they promised they will be giving. But then, that is still a minor irritant compared to the fun the car will give. Which part of the city are you from? If you live in the western suburbs, we could catch up sometime. In fact, there is a meeting of TBhp people on carter road almost every evening (which I am yet to attend!). Btw, Skoda called me back as well after I called them to lodge the complaint on the missing items (read - fogs, IRVM, rain sensor, cooled glove box). They are yet to call back now with some another person. Awaiting their call. Let's see how it goes. Anyway, enjoy the car and take it on to the expressway ASAP. The car deserves nothing short of a wide highway and - Drive safe!
Thanks Buz. I stay in the Western Suburbs. We can surely catch up. I also put a comment on Skoda's Face Book page & they got back to me. Lets hope resolution materialises.
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:06   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on a great car, Cedric. Your pics do justice! I was supposed to go TD this beast sometime this week (along with its beastlier v6 sibling!) but work got in the way. Maybe soon.

BTW noted with amusement your complaint about the armrest and the handbrake. Because you aint seen bad ergs till you've seen a Vento!
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:37   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock
Hey Congrats on getting yourself a beast of a car, wish you trouble-free ownership.

If it is not too much of a problem could you disclose how much the 3-D Mats cost you, because I got a quotation of 6K for the Laura from Moto-Mall Chennai.

Looking forward to your reply.
I got the mats from a dealer in South Mumbai. Costs me Rs 5400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar
Many congratulations on the new beast mate! Looks a stunner doesnt it?
Now, i did read that the fogs have been stripped of the Petrol version. Has that issue been sorted out with the dealer?

A few q's if you dont mind answering

1. Did you retro fit the leather? If so, do you mind sharing the cost, and also the place from which you got it done.
2. The 3d Kagu mats look awesome. Are they easy to maintain, unlike the beige mats provided by the company.
3. Does your car also have the feature of keeping the clutch pressed to start the car? The '10 models dont seem to have that feature.

Many happy miles with the beast .
Swanand, the leather was done by Stanley in Andheri. It's Nappa @ Rs.65000. The kagu mats are easy to maintain. They are easily washable. My car too has the start on clutch feature.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd June 2011 at 22:16. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:20   #24
BHPian

Another possible discovery of deleted items on the 2011 Laura. The bonnet shield just between the hood & the engine bay. Was this there in the 2010 models? 2010 tsi owners, pls respond.
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was this there in the 2010 models? 2010 tsi owners, pls respond.
If i am right it was not there in the petrol version. It was only there on the Diesel version. I hope i am not wrong.

Quote:
where did you buy the 3D mat in Chennai?
Is it available for Linea too?
Hey, will share you the shop details and i am pretty sure its available in Linea.

Last edited by VW2010 : 2nd June 2011 at 22:47.
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:57   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Another possible discovery of deleted items on the 2011 Laura. The bonnet shield just between the hood & the engine bay. Was this there in the 2010 models? 2010 tsi owners, pls respond.
I remember from one of the ownership threads on this forum last year that talked about the missing "bonnet sheild" or padding on the underside of the bonnet. Hence this item might not be there in the petrol version since the beginning or may not be required, as the petrol engine hardly makes any noise. This was the same reason I got from the service guys when I asked the same during the PDI of my Laura TSI.
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:41   #27
BHPian

What is the best way to check the Vin details.
Old 3rd June 2011, 19:12   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Check this post. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2249668
Old 3rd June 2011, 21:22   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg
VIN Characters: 17 (beginning with TMB...)

Decode:

6th character represents the MONTH of Manufacture
10th character represents the YEAR of Manufacture

An Example:

If your 6th VIN character is G, then it represents the Month - July
If your 10th VIN character is A, then it represents the Year - 2010

Month Codes:

A = JAN
B = FEB
C = MAR
D = APR
E = MAY
F = JUN
G = JUL
H = AUG
J = SEP
K = OCT
L = NOV
M = DEC

Year Codes:

A = 2010
B = 2011
C = 2012
D = 2013
E = 2014
F = 2015
G = 2016
H = 2017
J = 2018
K = 2019
Maibaa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 21:49   #30
BHPian

Congrats on the wonderful car @cedricsg, good looking interiors with leather.

Last time when I checked, Stanley didn't have the exact matching colour to Laura interiors, looks like its available now.

TSI didn't come with bonnet padding from before, its a cost cutting measure on the part of Skoda. Can the same be retrofitted? Cost involved? Why I ask is earlier the engine sound never bothered but now I can hear the same. The sound is a melody, but still.

I am not a fan of wood look-alike trim though, was relieved it didn't come in TSI. You mention its from Superb, does the two share parts?

Last edited by v.anand : 3rd June 2011 at 21:52.

Most Viewed