Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 13:34   #46
BHPian

Re: My Black Knight - Vento TDI Black. The saga after 1500 kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
OT Question - are you still having the MH12 number plate, or you changed to AP/KA numbers?

Trivia Question - How does the (general) city traffic fare when you compare Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad? Junta in all three cities keep telling me their city traffic is the worst - you should have a fair idea.

P.s. When I meant Pune traffic, I am not referring to Hinjewadi traffic
Niranjan,
I still proudly have the MH-12 plate. Man that ain't going away. In fact at a point I was also contemplating putting "Made in Pune" somewhere apart from the typical "Maa-saheb" and "Raaje" with a talwaar motif. Well still its not ruled out. Will post pix in case I do so .
Well I could write pages after pages on comparing the traffic in the three cities but here goes (Disclaimer - This just my humble 2 cents. I know many will disagree but this is my take and it could be wrong for some).
1) Hyderabad - Generally road infrastructure similar to Pune. I mean a mix of good and bad , wide and narrow roads. Road manners vastly differ. I found many (not all) drivers to be aggressive keeping a passive face and driving badly. So it can cause scary situations for outsiders like me trying to keep my darling ride scratch proof. A simple instance - making a U-turn on a busy road. In Hyderabad they would take the vehicle and stop it half way.So the oncoming traffic either reluctanly stops or swerves around. The turning vehicle gets sworn at but then there is no remorse of the blatant lack of common sense. Well there is no bar on the type of vehicle. Could be a truck to a two wheeler.Also there is no fear that cops might reprimand. No one cares.

2) Bangalore - So much has been written about Bangalore traffic. Now when I compare it to Pune , people have more driving sense and are not that aggressive. The volume of traffic that goes an is very high and the infrastructure will never be able to catch up hence all the traffic woes.Cops are not feared but respected and taken cognizance of much more than Hyderabad.

3) Pune - I have grown up here and seen the traffic go from bad to worse. Pune never had wide roads and the city area where the real Pune is and the spirit of the city lies is notorious for gallis and people breaking traffic rules en-masse. Also there will be lots of verbal duels in the melee. My take is Pune's two and three wheelers add more to traffic woes. If cops are there then there is a fear of a fine but cops can't cover the whole city and hence many unmanned one ways become two ways and hence the problems.
I worked in Hinjewadi for 8.5 yrs and I have seen traffic go from bad to worse. Well the only reason is lack of political will to make the access to the place better. Trust me the road has not been widened for at least 8 years till I was there although traffic has trebled or quadrupled.

Last edited by ambivalent_98 : 17th October 2012 at 13:36.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2012, 15:29   #47
BHPian

Re: My Black Knight - Vento TDI Black. The saga after 1500 kms

Update after 30000 Kms and 2nd servicing in Bangalore -
Bangalore has had its fair share of VW getting beaten in After Sales Service as a brand like Skoda. I had been reading about it and I got to experience the chaos first hand. I have written in other relevant threads about this chaotic situation. Here is the summary -
1) VW Website does not get updated regularly with workshop numbers. They have to do something about it.
2) For a city as big as Bangalore to have only 3 workshops is too bad considering VW cars are seen quite commonly. Out of these 3 , 2 belong to the same franchisee and are closed at the moment. That burdens one who is very far out and on the opposite side of town.
3) My lucky stars that I was able to snag an appointment with a new dealership of VW who inagurated their workshop on 6th November 2012.
4) VW has not as yet updated this on their website and when contacted they don't seem to be bothered.

About the new VW Whitefield workshop
Pros -
1) Brand new workshop. Not very loaded with cars waiting to get serviced.
2) People prompt and eager at least at the moment. Work done explained and the final bill close to the actual quoted. No hidden charges or gotchas.
3) THey seem to have all the necessary equipment.
4) Location is on the Outer RIng Road hence accessible. Once the service road in front of it is completely tarred would be easier to get in and out of the workshop.
5) WHen the credit card machine didn't work the workshop ppl gave me a driver and a Polo who took me to a nearby ATM braving the KR Puram / Whitefield Main Rd traffic. That was very good of them.

Cons -
1) Being new lots of things missing. For eg when I showed up to pick up my car the receptionist was running helter skelter to locate the Service Engineer , inspite of having a phone and a PA system at her disposal.
2) Bill generation took a long time and then as usual the credit card machine didn't work.
3) Car work that I had requested like a lost bumper screw and other minor stuff all done but car not washed to the condition I had got it back at the first servicing in VW Pune.

Overall - Good and would say that it was a fair service experience. Recommended if you can get an appointment to get your VW wheels serviced.

ABout the Black-Knight -
Post 30K Kms and many solo drives with me on amazing highways such as Hyd -Blr and terrible roads like Hyd - Pune the Black Knight is becoming a battle hardened veteran. When ever I look at it , it feels like a car that is waiting to do more. The engine is eager to please with its pickup and performance.
I had upgraded to Michelin XM1s in August and they are a really great addition. I was always scared to take on rough roads on the factory fitted JK Vectras but then after fitting the Michelins I am at peace. I also got a Sony Stereo fitted and sold the old factory fitted stereo with 4 speakers to a gentleman in Nagpur. I think he is also a fellow BHPian.
So the Black KNight rides on. Post servicing I am driving to Pune which would like a 1800 kms drive to and fro. Hope to enjoy that amazing NH4.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks