Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 16:37   #16
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Optra Magnum 2.0 LT - Black

Tifosi - Thank you. Final price was Rs. 10.35L on road. Freebies as i mentioned are Sun film and reverse parking sensor.
Old 3rd June 2011, 16:45   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on the car!

I've temporarily moved your thread to the Assembly Line Section (More Information about this sub-forum (The "Assembly Line" Forum section)).

Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.). To know more about this rule, and for review guidelines, view this announcement (*PLEASE READ* this announcement before posting an ownership report on Team-BHP!).

Please edit the opening post of this thread and update with a complete driving & ownership report. Pics would be great too! You have the ability to EDIT your post over an indefinite period of time; add more attachments / content / posts to your work-in-progress review thread at your own pace.

Once your thread is complete, you may report the post (Report Posts : Contribute in Maintaining Team-BHP's post quality), and a Team-BHP Moderator will move your thread out to the public forum.

NOTE : After your thread has been taken public, you are permitted to bump it up once to bring it amongst the new post listings.

Thanks for the support!
Old 14th June 2011, 15:33   #18
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership reports Forum. Thanks for sharing!
Old 14th June 2011, 19:46   #19
BANNED

Hey Viswesh -

How is the Optra coming along ?

Can you please post some mileage figures?

Eagerly awaiting the Interior and exterior pics of your black beauty.

Happy Motoring !!
Old 14th June 2011, 20:21   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by visweshkalambur View Post
Features of the car: Model LT
2 Airbags (Driver & Co driver)
ABS
Leather interiors (Beige)
Automatic climate control
I always thought that LT doesnt have the above features and it comes in LTZ only.So what extra does LTZ have in addition to these features in LT?

And whats the OTR of LTZ when LT is 10.35L?

Quote:
I was told that engine oil levels are to be checked only when the engine has cooled down.
Correct. The best way to check the engine oil level always is in the morning before you start driving [assuming the car was parked in the night and is not moved thru the night]. This reading will be accurate. Also its better to take out the dipstick, wipe it clean, then insert and take it out for a level check.

And its strange to know about Magnum oil being drained for a new car. Though we have read about this on VW / Skoda cars, first time for a Magnum. When you were going to Yercaud, how much oil did you have to fill in the car? Whats the actual [full] capacity of oil in a Magnum?
Old 14th June 2011, 20:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I always thought that LT doesnt have the above features and it comes in LTZ only.So what extra does LTZ have in addition to these features in LT?

And whats the OTR of LTZ when LT is 10.35L?
Hola.
Dont think Optra comes in LTZ trim(at least in diesel). Its reserved for Cruze only.
I test drove this yesterday and it was an exhilarting experience.
The acceleration just pulled my face off! and what a plush car too with humongous space.
Honestly, I dont get it. ANHV costs 11.4 OTR Blr, the new Fiesta would be in the same bracket. Chevy's offering in that segment is the Aveo. Optra is the old gen Cruze i.e. in the Civic/Corolla/Cedia segment (at least in size etc). If I can get that car for a steal, why dont people actually buy it?
The TD car had 42k on the clock and still ran like a car just run in. The sound insulation was awsome and so was the HPS.
For the price it came, I can add on a touch screen unit with bluetooth, a reverse cam (link it to the touch screen) and still cheaper than the ANHV with better ride, dynamics, space and TORQUE.
The ANHV with 123ponies never felt as much fun as the 121 horses in this stable.
I guess Indian customers are extremely obsessed with family history (as also for weddings :P). The Opel/Daewoo mishap is still haunting them till date.

Last edited by aqualeo2040 : 14th June 2011 at 20:55. Reason: more details
aqualeo2040 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 20:38   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualeo2040 View Post
Hola.
Dont think Optra comes in LTZ trim(at least in diesel). Its reserved for Cruze only.
Yep right ! Confused it with LS / LT for Magnum ! Now it clears the air. LT is the high end and all goodies for that price.
Old 15th June 2011, 12:14   #23
BHPian

Pics please... mostly interior pics. This thread is worthless without it.

How much did you pay for CPCO?
Old 17th June 2011, 12:13   #24
BHPian

@ Swiftnfurious - Regarding Oil level.. the oil level's were actually not drained. I did wipe the dip stick. The reading i had was not right because I had checked it immediately after running quite a few kms. It was my mistake and wrong reading.

@ Krish3 - Like i said, I await for my laptop.. else I will try to shoot few pics again this weekend and upload it. I paid Rs. 27000 odd for the CPCO.

@ aqualeo - I agree with your point in terms of the Optra Magnum being a wonderful car at its price point. Sound deadening is fantastic and cant hear much noise inside the cabin. In addition to what u said for ANHC, throw in the fact that this runs on diesel.

@ Torquedo - I get an average of around 13 to 14 kmpl within city. I do not have definite numbers on highways yet. I have a trip scheduled to bangalore later this month. Will confirm highway mileage then.
Old 19th June 2011, 13:13   #25
BANNED

Hey Vishwesh -

Thanks for the inputs Mate.

I had a few other questions, if you may please help:

1) How many FREE services are being provided by Chevy on the Optra?
2) When is the 1st service due? As in after how many Kms.
3) What are the recommended service intervals for the Optra?
4) Is it mandatory to use synthetic oil or the mineral oil OK for the Optra?

Fellow Optra TCDi owners, would be thankful if you might chip in.

Thanks all !!
Old 22nd June 2011, 15:28   #26
BHPian

@ Torquedo, answers for your questions below

1. 3 services without CPCO, 18 +1 (1st month) with CPCO
2. 1st Check up is at 1000 kms
3. Recommended service intervals is at 5000 kms
4. Service advisors tell me GM recommends using Mineral Oil for Optra while its
Synthetic for Cruze. GM approved oil is Elf.

Hope this helps.
Old 22nd June 2011, 22:36   #27
BHPian

Congrats for the Optra. However, the review demands some snaps of the big Chevy.
Happy mile crunching in the meanwhile.
Old 22nd June 2011, 23:23   #28
BHPian

Congrats on getting this beast! Just took delivery of the Optra 2.0L LT today. Was extremely happy with the whole deal. I enjoyed reading your review, but a bit upset on the oil issue. But alls well that ends well.

Look out for my Optra ownership thread soon!

PS: I also drive the Palio MJD and still love it Just crossed 9,000 kms with her!

Last edited by ByDesign : 22nd June 2011 at 23:29.
Old 24th June 2011, 15:26   #29
BHPian

@ Utopian, thank you. I have been trying to upload images but unable to do so. I get an error consistently stating "Your message is too short, please enter atleast 20 characters".

@ By Design, Congratulations on your purchase. Please do post your review and pictures please.

I will try again to upload the pictures. (Every picture was less than 1 MB)
Old 24th June 2011, 16:36   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I have been trying to upload images but unable to do so. I get an error consistently stating "Your message is too short, please enter atleast 20 characters". ....

I will try again to upload the pictures. (Every picture was less than 1 MB)
Dude you need atleast 20 characters in the text to make a post. Pictures must be less than 1MB.

Looking forward to the pictures

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks