Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2011, 17:25   #1
BHPian

From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

16/03/2003 – the day we had our first car in our family, a Hyundai Santro Zip Plus. Initially my dad bought it for family use but seeing the petrol head in me, he allowed me to use it for my college commute. Being a teetotaler, there was pocket money to spare and I syphoned it into my Santro ICE.After I got him to my workplace at Hyderabad, he had a new lease of life with new respiratory systems vide. K&N conical filter and Automech FFE. He is just loving it and feeling brisk and happy with 58K on the odo.

During the month of April 2011, my dad was feeling the requirement for one more car at home. He asked to get me a new car and give him the Santro. I started exploring the options and finalised on Pre-worshipped cars, courtesy: GTO. I thought of giving the (new) car to my dad and having the Santro back with me. Later on that.

With my budget of 8L, I shortlisted three cars (Hyundai Tucson, Honda Jazz/Civic) and started hunting,

Hyundai Tucson
Capable all-rounder and is best suited for our village where my dad plans to settle. But couldn’t find good examples and cars available in market were with high mileage.

Honda Jazz
Very practical and efficient car. But there are no cars in used car market.

Honda Civic
As said, this was always my dream car since its launch. But the hindrance was its low slung stance which makes ingress and egress difficult for elders. Now, my father told me that he will take the Santro as he has very short occasional trips and probably would buy a jeep for farms. With this in mind, I started visiting dealers for all three cars.

Although Tucson and Jazz were not available, Civic was available aplenty in Hyderabad. Checked up with Auto Terrace
1)2011 Civic – 5000kms – 11L (Tempted to negotiate but way out of budget)
2)2008 Civic – 56000kms – 8.6L (High mileage and price)
3)2008 Civic – 50000kms – 8.2L (High mileage)

I dropped in for some private dealers,

Dr.Car, Hyderabad
Civics were available for around 30-40K on odo but condition of the vehicle seemed to be not that good.

Mahindra First Choice
To my surprise no Civics were with them.

Vasant Motors Pvt. Ltd.
First thing I noticed was their lot was holding all premium cars with citys and civics in starting range. Satisfied with the feel, looked around for Civics
1)2008 Civic VMT – 50000kms – 8.75L (Scratches and dents around, didn’t interest me)
2)2008 Civic SMT – 55000kms – 8.5L (High odo reading)
3)2007 Civic SMT – 22000kms – 7.75L (Spotless car, service history checked and I knew it was mine)

Took a test drive and drove straight to Honda A.S.S for valuation and checkup. Honda A.S.S charged Rs.500 for damage inspection and damage history check. Rs.250 for diagnostic check. With clean paper, I went for negotiation. My anxiety exposed my interest in the car, so negotiation was not to my satisfaction and finally settled on 7.35L + 0.1L (dealer commission). Gave 20K as token advance and booked the machine. The wait and sleepless nights started since then. As the dealer had DSA with HDFC, I proceeded with them. It was really an awesome experience where my loan got processed and disbursed on the 3rd day. I still couldn’t believe this as my home loan took 4 months. With my car waiting for me at yard. I asked for an auspicious day from my mom & dad at Coimbatore. With Jayalalitha’s sweeping win in Tamil Nadu, she had her swearing in ceremony scheduled on 16/05/2011. Who else could find a better day than Jaya’s astrologer? So my parents asked me to take delivery on the same day. The previous night was full of dreams about me, my civic and my family. The previous week was like starring and taking a close look on every Civic passing by.

The day finally came, went to the yard with 2 hours to spare for auspicious time. Checked the cars up for display – BMW 320d/335i/X5, Audi A6, Porsche Cayenne S. Vowed myself to pick up BMW 3series in 4 yrs. The clock struck 1630hrs and got the straight H key fob. Waked up the R18 and drove straight to the temple and did the pooja.

Next day I took it to my office and parked next to my boss’s ANHC. God, it was just like Indigo CS ad. With 100+ employees at my office, everyone were in awe to see my car (CIVIC). I still remember the face of a manger who test drove my Civic and told “Civic is a Civic” although he got his ANHC just 4 months back.

With Civic experience battered so much around the forum, I would just share my candid feelings of the car. I am guy who believes in power is nothing without handling. This is where I had my limitations with my Santro and I hoped Civic would meet this. I clocked 2000kms in two weeks as I took Civic to my native in Tamil Nadu.

Engine:
Low end torque of civic makes me sick at times, as I am used to the pep from Santro in city. But get past that and give him a whip, whooof gosh then you believe it’s an under 10 sec car. The way the digital speedometer skips numbers and reaches three digit speeds is really cool.

Gearshift:
There was lot of appreciation in the forum for the slick and short throw gearbox. Although I like the same but still my favourite is my mechanically linked short throw of Santro.

Ride & Handling:
After cornering with Civic, I understand I have never cornered before. It just envelopes and shrinks its size. You don’t feel like piloting a big car. The chunky small steering adds to the effect. It’s brilliantly stable at highways and feedback from the steering is awesome. As far as the ride is concerned I am very happy with it, may be because of the stiff and bumpy ride of my Tall Boy. I thoroughly have the premium feel in the ride.

Ergonomics & Interiors:
The driver is the prime occupant in the Civic, one can easily find a customised comfortable position with all those seat and steering adjustments. I find a place around for everything I have. Rear seat bench has good legroom and headroom. The seats have the right amount of stiffness which is comfortable for long distance commutes. Electric folding OVRMs are handy and first for me. All fabrics and materials used for interior speak of quality. I like the way OEM music system looks and I don’t want disturb the funky dash by installing an aftermarket. The AC is an absolute chiller with the luxury of automatic climate control. The inherent character of the low slung car is the ingress and egress difficulty. My father finds it difficult to get in and out but he is very comfortable with the supportive seats once he is settled in.

Fuel Economy:
It returned a respectable 12 KMPL (overall) with a spirited driving all the way.

A.S.S:

After delivery I gave him for 20K service where he got treated to Synthetic oil, E Care treatment and Windshield treatment. Total bill was Rs.7500/-. But I am not sure whether E care and windshield treatment were compulsory. A.S.S from Sundaram Honda, Hyderabad was OK if not bad.

I am completely spoilt by the car and it gives me the wow!!!! every time I see it. Hope to have miles of happy motoring
Attached Thumbnails
From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic-dsc_17842.jpg  

From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic-dsc_17862.jpg  

From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic-dsc_17872.jpg  

From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic-dsc_17882.jpg  

From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic-dsc_1804.jpg  

From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic-dsc_1795.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 3rd June 2011, 18:54   #2
BHPian

Re: From a Korean H to Japanese H - Pre worshipped Honda Civic

Hi there,
Hearty congrats on the machine.
Looks brilliant in white.
Just a thought, could have hidden the reg no.

Drive safe and be happy

Warm regards,
BR
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:58   #3
dot
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations. The white beauty looks stunning to say the least. 22K in a 07 vehicle is spectacular too.

The way the speedo skips numbers to triple digits is not just cool, it is atrociously cool.

And welcome to the growing list of preworshipped Civics in this forum. We will look forward for your experiences.
Old 3rd June 2011, 19:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations autofreak for your Honda Civic. You will be amazed with her riding quality and stability. Please put some more interior pictures as well.

Wishing you many years of happy and safe driving.
Old 3rd June 2011, 21:18   #5
BHPian

Thanks for all your warm wishes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
Hi there,
Hearty congrats on the machine.
Looks brilliant in white.
Just a thought, could have hidden the reg no.

Drive safe and be happy

Warm regards,
BR
IMO Civic looks best in white. Regarding Reg. No. thought of it after posting, my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Congratulations. The white beauty looks stunning to say the least. 22K in a 07 vehicle is spectacular too.

The way the speedo skips numbers to triple digits is not just cool, it is atrociously cool.

And welcome to the growing list of preworshipped Civics in this forum. We will look forward for your experiences.
You said right. It will be an ever growing list of preworshipped civics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Congratulations autofreak for your Honda Civic. You will be amazed with her riding quality and stability. Please put some more interior pictures as well.

Wishing you many years of happy and safe driving.
Right now, car is with my parents. Will update with interior pics soon.
Old 3rd June 2011, 22:20   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hyderabad Civic prices are as bad (good for the seller though) as that of Bangalore! Congratulations on your new old car. Do upload some pics of the interior.
Old 3rd June 2011, 22:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

That's a stunning looking Civic there you have got buddy. Though a little bit on the pricier side, the car will serve you wonderfully well until you get to lay your hands on a Beemer. Until then, wish you happy motoring in the Civic! There seems to be no stopping the long list of GTO inspired pre-owned Civic owners in Team-BHP.

BTW, can you please post some more shots of the car in a bigger resolution and a better location?
Old 3rd June 2011, 23:10   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Hyderabad Civic prices are as bad (good for the seller though) as that of Bangalore! Congratulations on your new old car. Do upload some pics of the interior.
Thanks dude. I suppose OTR prices are high on these two states. Even CarWale shows a difference of 30K in used civics between Hyderabad and Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvi86 View Post
That's a stunning looking Civic there you have got buddy. Though a little bit on the pricier side, the car will serve you wonderfully well until you get to lay your hands on a Beemer. Until then, wish you happy motoring in the Civic! There seems to be no stopping the long list of GTO inspired pre-owned Civic owners in Team-BHP.

BTW, can you please post some more shots of the car in a bigger resolution and a better location?
Thanks man. GTOs thread unmistakably inspires any petrol head. Will surely post some interior pics. Even the scratches on the interior were absent which are common on pre worshipped civics.
Old 4th June 2011, 07:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autofreak View Post
Will surely post some interior pics. Even the scratches on the interior were absent which are common on pre worshipped civics.
That's brilliant. I was not so lucky in that aspect as my Civic came with those scratches in the driver's side power window panels. Waiting for more pics from your side man!
Old 4th June 2011, 08:59   #10
BHPian

Congratulations on your new purchase. Smart buy and indeed a good lateral upgrade. Wishing you many more miles with this beauty.
Old 4th June 2011, 10:11   #11
BHPian

Congratulations autofreak! The car looks absolutely smashing in white. Are the tyres still in good shape? Enjoy the beauty and wish you miles of happiness.
Old 4th June 2011, 10:12   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
Congrats on the buy!

Some interior pictures please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenomad View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase. Smart buy and indeed a good lateral upgrade. Wishing you many more miles with this beauty.
Thanks for all your wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Congratulations autofreak! The car looks absolutely smashing in white. Are the tyres still in good shape? Enjoy the beauty and wish you miles of happiness.
Thanks aviorp. It was Bridgestone all around with 5-7K life left. My grouse is that the spare tyre is not touched till date and its reaching the end of its shelf life of 6 yrs. I am not sure of what to do with that as I would be upgrading to 205/60 R15. Suggestions welcome.

Last edited by v12 : 4th June 2011 at 18:33.
Old 4th June 2011, 10:44   #13
BHPian

Congrats on the new acquisition. The car looks spotless and almost passes off as a new car. I'm sure you will enjoy piloting her around. Pre-worshipped white Civics are becoming common among TBHP members.
Old 6th June 2011, 00:06   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Congrats on the new acquisition. The car looks spotless and almost passes off as a new car. I'm sure you will enjoy piloting her around. Pre-worshipped white Civics are becoming common among TBHP members.
Thanks a lot fuel addict. Can somebody tell me the price of aftermarket spoiler and mugen kit replica pricing.
Old 6th June 2011, 06:46   #15
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the pre-worshipped CIVIC. You got a really good price. Which insurance did you go with ? What was the premium you paid ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks