Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 19:36   #61
BHPian

Re: How to bring home a dream: Tata Safari LX BS4

I actually did not demand any money from the other driver. There were two people in the other car, both of them would have been in their twenties and were driving a car that belongs the catering company they were working with. I didnt take any money for them because they admitted it was their fault and came readily to the police station and signed the papers stating it was their fault. I didnt want to push the matter further. My wife thinks I've lost my marbles.
simpleman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2011, 00:49   #62
BHPian

Congrats on the buy. Safari indeed commands respect on road. I own one and I enjoy driving every bit of it. I m sure that you will too and have loads of fun in it many years to come.

I saw the accident pics and felt very bad. But look at the safari pic, one can hardly notice any damage apart from a small dent in bumper. But look at the maruti totally out of shape. That is what the sheet metal of Safari can do to you. Hope there was no other major damage in the safari due to the accident.
Old 10th November 2011, 13:04   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
Congrats on the buy. Safari indeed commands respect on road. I own one and I enjoy driving every bit of it. I m sure that you will too and have loads of fun in it many years to come.

I saw the accident pics and felt very bad. But look at the safari pic, one can hardly notice any damage apart from a small dent in bumper. But look at the maruti totally out of shape. That is what the sheet metal of Safari can do to you. Hope there was no other major damage in the safari due to the accident.
The maruti's impact was mostly upon my right front tire. Hence the damage is mainly to the tire and suspension. But even I am amazed at the sheet metal quality of the Safari.
Old 10th November 2011, 17:40   #64
BHPian

Congratulations !! A great vehicle, Awesome road presence and fantastic looks. Black has a lot of attitude Wish you a lot of powerful miles Doctor
Old 5th February 2012, 22:46   #65
BHPian

Long due update

I left this thread hanging with my babe in the service station having suffered a serious mishap. Here is what transpired after that.

I had to practically knock on heaven's door to get the work on my car started.
The insurance agent came inspected the car and went off having asked the TATA ***(es) pun intended, to start the repairs.
I was happy, everyone was happy.
I went a couple of days later to see the progress and the car had'nt moved an inch from where I had left it last.
Hence I took a deep breath and kicked up the biggest storm that that place had never ever seen.
-Lodged a complaint at the TATA website
-Called up the regional head of south india services in bangalore
-Called up the public relations officer of Vijay sales motors in Vellore and let the cool, soothing wind from my mouth blow into his ears.

All this and one week later, I get a call. Sir, car is ready. Are you sure I asked. Sir, we have done two test drives. The car is ready

It was a thursday and my work schedule did not allow me to go on the same day. So I called them up and said I shall pick up my car tomorrow.
Next day evening, I went to pick up my car.
My sweetheart is bright and shining and looks ready to hit the road. I thought might as well do a test drive first.
The PRO was confident that the car was ready and sat on the seat next to me.
As soon as I swung the car onto the road, I knew there was a problem. The car was grossly pulling to the left. I mean, so grossly that, I couldnt keep the car straight.
You can imagine how red I became and what happened in the service center next.

After all the thrashing and tongue lashing and blame shifting, Mr. Venu, the service manager arrived. Apologised profusely and told me that he takes complete responsibility and asked for two days more. In the mean while, they gave me a spare car for daily use.

Couple of days later, I got a call from Mr. Venu again. The car was ready and this time he was sure.
I went a picked her up after a long test drive, made sure everything was perfect and took her home finally after about 20 days from the time she got hit.

The making up

After all this kolaveri, I felt my car needed some embellishment. I had mentioned previously in this thread that I had prepared a wishlist for my birthday. In laws said that they would like to gift me seat covers for the car on the occasion of my birth day.
My options were limited. I couldnt afford leather. I was left with art leather and fabric. Nothing I saw in fabric looked good.
I think I was born with an hatred for art leather. I hate the feel and the sweaty back that it induces. However I was left with no option.
I went and ordered art leather in beige.
However, later that evening, when I was speaking with my brother in law, he asked me to have a look at this
Elegant Seat Covers | Elegant Seat Cover Prices | Elegant Seat Covers India
I liked it, cancelled the art leather and ordered the crown v2 beige.
Needless to say, its damn good. Feels soft and cozy, stain resistant and fit amazingly well for fabric.

I like birthdays. My wife gave me the xenos reverse camera for my birthday.

What else

The car has been quietly munching up the miles. I have done about 9000kms till date. No problems to report. Chennai feels like a hop and skip away. There are a couple of rattles her and there, but nothing to sweat about.
Buying a TATA SAFARI is still the best decision I have made.
Some photos to drool over.
Attached Thumbnails
How to bring home a dream: Tata Safari LX BS4-dscn1396-medium.jpg  

How to bring home a dream: Tata Safari LX BS4-dscn1397-medium.jpg  

How to bring home a dream: Tata Safari LX BS4-dscn1400-medium.jpg  

How to bring home a dream: Tata Safari LX BS4-dscn1401-medium.jpg  

How to bring home a dream: Tata Safari LX BS4-dscn1402-medium.jpg  

How to bring home a dream: Tata Safari LX BS4-dscn1403-medium.jpg  

How to bring home a dream: Tata Safari LX BS4-dscn1408-medium.jpg  

How to bring home a dream: Tata Safari LX BS4-dscn1401-medium.jpg  

How to bring home a dream: Tata Safari LX BS4-dscn1405-medium.jpg  

How to bring home a dream: Tata Safari LX BS4-dscn1406-medium.jpg  

Old 6th February 2012, 01:52   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleman View Post
Long due update

I left this thread hanging with my babe in the service station having suffered a serious mishap. Here is what transpired after that.

I had to practically knock on heaven's door to get the work on my car started.
The insurance agent came inspected the car and went off having asked the TATA ***(es) pun intended, to start the repairs.
I was happy, everyone was happy.
I went a couple of days later to see the progress and the car had'nt moved an inch from where I had left it last.
Hence I took a deep breath and kicked up the biggest storm that that place had never ever seen.
-Lodged a complaint at the TATA website
-Called up the regional head of south india services in bangalore
-Called up the public relations officer of Vijay sales motors in Vellore and let the cool, soothing wind from my mouth blow into his ears.

All this and one week later, I get a call. Sir, car is ready. Are you sure I asked. Sir, we have done two test drives. The car is ready

It was a thursday and my work schedule did not allow me to go on the same day. So I called them up and said I shall pick up my car tomorrow.
Next day evening, I went to pick up my car.
My sweetheart is bright and shining and looks ready to hit the road. I thought might as well do a test drive first.
The PRO was confident that the car was ready and sat on the seat next to me.
As soon as I swung the car onto the road, I knew there was a problem. The car was grossly pulling to the left. I mean, so grossly that, I couldnt keep the car straight.
You can imagine how red I became and what happened in the service center next.

After all the thrashing and tongue lashing and blame shifting, Mr. Venu, the service manager arrived. Apologised profusely and told me that he takes complete responsibility and asked for two days more. In the mean while, they gave me a spare car for daily use.

Couple of days later, I got a call from Mr. Venu again. The car was ready and this time he was sure.
I went a picked her up after a long test drive, made sure everything was perfect and took her home finally after about 20 days from the time she got hit.

The making up

After all this kolaveri, I felt my car needed some embellishment. I had mentioned previously in this thread that I had prepared a wishlist for my birthday. In laws said that they would like to gift me seat covers for the car on the occasion of my birth day.
My options were limited. I couldnt afford leather. I was left with art leather and fabric. Nothing I saw in fabric looked good.
I think I was born with an hatred for art leather. I hate the feel and the sweaty back that it induces. However I was left with no option.
I went and ordered art leather in beige.
However, later that evening, when I was speaking with my brother in law, he asked me to have a look at this
Elegant Seat Covers | Elegant Seat Cover Prices | Elegant Seat Covers India
I liked it, cancelled the art leather and ordered the crown v2 beige.
Needless to say, its damn good. Feels soft and cozy, stain resistant and fit amazingly well for fabric.

I like birthdays. My wife gave me the xenos reverse camera for my birthday.

What else

The car has been quietly munching up the miles. I have done about 9000kms till date. No problems to report. Chennai feels like a hop and skip away. There are a couple of rattles her and there, but nothing to sweat about.
Buying a TATA SAFARI is still the best decision I have made.
Some photos to drool over.
Extremely sad to hear about the mishap & the subsequent pains ....

but thank God !
That everything is now ... B-E-A-utiful!

I can understand how you must have felt then at the service centre.
& the pun is well deserved!

Congratulations on the good choice of seat covers. Looks elegant.
& also the Xenos! Much needed!

Black Beast or Black Beauty?!
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks