Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 23:44   #16
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 19th June 2011 at 13:18.
nkg77 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th June 2011, 23:23   #17
BHPian

Guys, Gals,

5000 Km completed in my Punto .. trouble free ownership experience, indeed ... YET !

Kings Speech :

i) Trouble Free !

ii) Satisfied with my service experience @ Concorde, Dairy circle. However do note that I had been monitoring my car getting serviced from the customer lounge and the mechanic working on my car was quite frustrated with repeated questions and snooping. ( A Review is pending , it will be my next ownership update ).

iii) Good functional interiors. I have not changed my seat covers and kept the OEM ones, once they become unsightly and smelly will probably get new seat covers done through fiat themselves, I really like the punto seat covers. I cannot justify it. Just like - I like Charlize theron ! I can't point though, to one single reason.
...... Hmm, Nope still can't

iv) Don't break that sun-visor, it costs 500 + bucks, now all of us have $$ but not for that !!!

v) Smooth, responsive engine, compared to my car @ 50 Km, on my speedo during delivery.

vi) Ground Clearance is low, especially right below the engine, i guess it is because of the front overhanging nose - my car has taken a lot of hits.

SOS !!! - If anybody knows where to get Wurth Stone Guard coating done for the under-body in Bangalore or Mumbai or Pune please let me know.

Here come the pics :

Gran-Fiat :

Cabaret Punto .. Put it the Music and Cruise I say.-punto_geny.jpg

Punto- Forrester

Cabaret Punto .. Put it the Music and Cruise I say.-punto_forrester.jpg

Punto - Serrati

Cabaret Punto .. Put it the Music and Cruise I say.-punto_serrati.jpg

Punto - Rover

Cabaret Punto .. Put it the Music and Cruise I say.-puntooffroader.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
Heard and experienced from my friends Punto, that the Battery power in Punto is not upto the mark, when Headlights and the Wipers used together, the power of the Headlights reduces. Did you have any such experience?
Really, I have never faced such an issue.
Do the lights run of the battery or the Alternator ? From a thread i was following on our forum, I vaguely remeber that Battery comes into the picture only during reserve power. I could be way off here !

But, I have driven in rainy nights with head-lamp, front fog-light and my amp driving the speakers, i have not faced such an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
That rusting is really worrying, specially for a new car. Why can't Fiat do something about that body? Maybe reinforce it or something.
Fiat has I guess, it is covered under warranty ? .
Anyways I would get the Wurth Stone Guard coating done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations! The Punto looks extremely classy in the white shade. And then, quite an entertaining ownership report. You got the ICE updates done at the dealership, or with an external party?
Thanks @vb-san, I got it done with a popular installer here in Bangalore called EVO, he is a BHP-ian, goes by the name @blueraven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadTiger View Post
..... Punto MJD also, have driven quite a bit, loved every bit of it and is in my wish list. Wish you the very best happy motoring and keep revving
Thanks @MadTiger, & if you want it ! Get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post
Shettre, very nice review! audio setup seems yummy. do take good care of the point and yeah, any issues you face with her, handle it with love.
Thanks @EARTHed

Last edited by theMAG : 20th June 2011 at 10:57. Reason: Back-back posts under 20 mins. Please EDIT moving forward.
vshetty is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2011, 09:46   #18
BHPian

Re: Cabaret Punto .. Put it the Music and Cruise I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
Congrats Shetty on the Punto !! Excellent choice I should say.
Your initial ownership review is simply awesome and I agree to almost everything you have to say about the car.
BTW, I too own a Punto MJD - BNW and have crossed 13K kms. I fall in love with my car each time I see it and drive!!

Like you I too felt that the headlamps were inadequate and have upgraded them to 100/90 Hella and I am satisfied with the performance.

Please post more pictures !!
Happy driving!!
@Pri2, hey if you have reviewed your installation on team-bhp could you share a link ? Or if you could give all of us an installation walk-through it would be mighty helpful.
Since, I would imagine per manuals you have voided your warranty ?
Old 20th June 2011, 11:58   #19
BHPian

Awesome thread Vshetty, I have nearly the same feelings about the car as you do. Its a real mile muncher isnt it ? I'm really surprised you havent faced a single issue with the interiors, thats great !
Old 29th June 2011, 11:42   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
Awesome thread Vshetty, I have nearly the same feelings about the car as you do. Its a real mile muncher isnt it ? I'm really surprised you havent faced a single issue with the interiors, thats great !
Yeah I have not faced any issue with the interiors, that rear-parcel tray lock keeps falling off, but, i have not really bothered with it.

In-fact had all my door trims and plastics removed while working on the ICE, after the re-fit there are some rattles in the front - L - Door, but nothing beyond that.
Old 23rd July 2011, 16:43   #21
BHPian

Guys, Got off the phone a few moments back with Concorde Motors, My car belongs to a list of chassis number, which have been identified to have their power steering column replaced that's the only detail i could gather. I am dropping my car first thing on Monday Will updated the thread when the work is completed.

I am not sure how automobiles are assembled but, how is it possible that only a few cars have such this problem ? Because I would imagine an important component such as a Power steering column would and should have a stable methodology of manufacturing and has probably remained the same since the day factory operations started in India.

Last edited by vshetty : 23rd July 2011 at 16:44. Reason: Improper
vshetty is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks