Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2011, 01:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My new i20 magna 1.4 crdi !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque.steer View Post
i will let you know !!
and sports version comes with alloys only (i guess) and ABS is there
Thanks a lot. I have shortlisted Sportz model for now after considering a lot of things - the Sportz (O) without those alloys as i prefer putting in those of my choice when i get the car. It has everything to my need though would miss the ABS. I had shortlisted Figo but it has too many small niggles and the i20 truly has a premium feel to it due to its interiors and the engine.

Quote:
I read some thread on team-bhp some one had stated that the AC is not that good compared to other hatchbacks but i personally don't think so, its working perfectly, chills the cabin quite fast even during hot afternoon. It has 8 speed blower so it feels like sitting in front of a desert cooler :lol :P
Glad to hear that - seems Hyundai finally listened to the complaints and did something. Has the steering rattle issue been fixed in BS4 i20's?

Regarding that deser cooler - , hope the cooler sends chilled air in 45 degrees Delhi heat here.
Old 19th June 2011, 01:33   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Is it? I am in US right now and would be coming in Aug so need a car for myself, can you please confirm with your dealer whenever you have time?

As per i know only earlier i20 BS3 used to come with the ABS with Magna option, if it happens even now, my problem is solved , the ideal variant for me would be Sports (without alloys) + Abs - thats it. I can stretch my budget till then.

How is the Automatic climate control performing? Keep us updated with the FE figures and enjoy the 1.4 power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Thanks a lot. I have shortlisted Sportz model for now after considering a lot of things - the Sportz (O) without those alloys as i prefer putting in those of my choice when i get the car. It has everything to my need though would miss the ABS. I had shortlisted Figo but it has too many small niggles and the i20 truly has a premium feel to it due to its interiors and the engine.

Glad to hear that - seems Hyundai finally listened to the complaints and did something. Has the steering rattle issue been fixed in BS4 i20's?

Regarding that deser cooler - , hope the cooler sends chilled air in 45 degrees Delhi heat here.
i haven't felt the steering rattle till now !! steering is very smooth....
Old 19th June 2011, 10:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. What do you think about the steering feel and AC?

And OTR price please!
Old 19th June 2011, 10:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car ! You should have opted for the ABS if the price differential was so small & the option was available. Anyway, I am sure without ABS also the brakes would hold up well.

The real test of the A.C. is when we are in April / May (dry heat) Right now the humidity level is very high as it is raining every other day, so the aircon is bound to perform at it's best right now.

Does it cost less in Rewari or was it simply because the dealer was known so you got a fast delivery ?

Nice car though !! Drive Safe

Cheers
Old 19th June 2011, 10:54   #20
BHPian

Hey Congrats for the car. Well, I have booked black Magna and expect it in 10 days. But you said there is a model which is Magna with ABS , I never knew about this . Are you sure about this ??
Old 19th June 2011, 11:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the Magna with ABS, i dont think that option is present anymore now. It used to come with BS3 i20, the one with 5 gears. Now even the Sportz model with driver airbag comes without ABS

Stupid move if we apply sense but a smart one by Hyundai's perspective- you need to shell out 7 lakh ex showroom if you need that ABS.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2011, 11:44   #22
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: My new Hyundai i20 Magna 1.4 crdi !!

Congrats on the car!

I've temporarily moved your thread to the Assembly Line Section (More Information about this sub-forum).

Please note that Team-BHP does not permit booking / buying experience threads in the Test-Drives section anymore. For the benefit of members & guests alike, it is now imperative to include a complete report on the car (the driving experience / comfort / features, what you like, what you don't like etc.). To know more about this rule, and for review guidelines, view this announcement.

Please edit the opening post of this thread and update with a complete driving & ownership report. Pics would be great too! You have the ability to EDIT your post over an indefinite period of time; add more attachments / content / posts to your work-in-progress review thread at your own pace.

Once your thread is complete, you may report the post, and a Team-BHP Moderator will move your thread out to the public forum.

NOTE : After your thread has been taken public, you are permitted to bump it up once to bring it amongst the new post listings.

Thanks for the support!
Old 20th June 2011, 00:16   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Congrats. What do you think about the steering feel and AC?

And OTR price please!
steering is very smooth , must say !! after driving i20 for 2-3 days when i drive other cars their steering feels soo hard now !! lol
and AC is gud.... chills the cabin quite fast !!

the car's price was somewhere near 7 lakhs on road !! don't know the exact figure but m sure wasn't above dis amount !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Congratulations on your new car ! You should have opted for the ABS if the price differential was so small & the option was available. Anyway, I am sure without ABS also the brakes would hold up well.

The real test of the A.C. is when we are in April / May (dry heat) Right now the humidity level is very high as it is raining every other day, so the aircon is bound to perform at it's best right now.

Does it cost less in Rewari or was it simply because the dealer was known so you got a fast delivery ?

Nice car though !! Drive Safe

Cheers
i should have opted for ABS but then it din't strike me that time.. and few people have mentioned that old i20 magna used to come with ABS feature now they are not providing it !! read above comments !!

and i took it from rewari because the dealer was known and i got the delivery fast !! he din't provide me with any discount on car but gave me HYUNDAI seat covers ,mats,mudflaps free !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit_chd View Post
Hey Congrats for the car. Well, I have booked black Magna and expect it in 10 days. But you said there is a model which is Magna with ABS , I never knew about this . Are you sure about this ??
no i am not sure cuz i havn't seen any new i20 with ABS tag.. the older ones used to come with ABS as mentioned by coolboy007 above !!
Old 7th August 2011, 20:27   #24
BHPian

immobilizer problem !!

I have i20 magna diesel, bought it on 16th june this year !!
today i noticed that the car immobilizer light gets switched on when i take out the key but as i start the car the light goes off !! yes the car is starting without any problem !! i called hyundai on road assistance and they told me that its not a big problem just get it checked by the service center it might be the problem of some software or sensors and not of any hardware !!
I think The problem started after i got my auto cop key-less entry repaired today as it wasn't working because it's earthing wire was disconnected !!
i am not sure about it but i checked it after reaching home !!
can any one please suggest me what to do and what exactly the problem is ??
or its just that the immobilizer feature is switched on now..

PS( the light remains constant when i take out the key and goes off when i switch on the car)

HELP !!

Last edited by torque.steer : 7th August 2011 at 20:29.
Old 7th August 2011, 21:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Re: immobilizer problem !!

@torque.steer

IMO the immobilizer light keeps flashing after you have switched the car off. This means that the car immobilizer is activated. Once you insert the correct key (key has the code which has to match the code embedded in the car ECU) the immobilizer is switched off. Thats the case atleast in my Fiesta.

i20 owners can throw some more light on this.
Old 7th August 2011, 21:54   #26
BHPian

Yeah thats working as designed. Why do you think it's issue?
May be you have not noticed it before.
Old 7th August 2011, 22:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@torque.steer

IMO the immobilizer light keeps flashing after you have switched the car off. This means that the car immobilizer is activated. Once you insert the correct key (key has the code which has to match the code embedded in the car ECU) the immobilizer is switched off. Thats the case atleast in my Fiesta.

i20 owners can throw some more light on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akas_chauhan View Post
Yeah thats working as designed. Why do you think it's issue?
May be you have not noticed it before.
hey guys i just tried to switch on my car with the other key the company gave me !! and continuously switching it on and off for like 5-6 times the light flickered and got switched off !! now its working like it used to !! no light is on until i switch the car on !! that particular immobilizer light does get on when the car is at ignition like all other lights (seat belt, engine, oil , battery etc) so that means the bulb is fine.. so i think the problem has got solved by itself !! the car is working fine with both the keys.. still i will get it checked by the service center !!

hey just wanted to know i got tints done today and the guy was spraying water on the front glass and that water was flowing out down through the area from where air comes on the front glass so is it possible that the water might have entered some place and could have caused that problem ?? and since now its dry so its working fine ??

Last edited by torque.steer : 7th August 2011 at 22:14.
Old 2nd September 2011, 20:51   #28
BHPian

Re: My new Hyundai i20 Magna 1.4 crdi !!

i have one of the oldest i20 Crdi Magna (white ) of Team bhp (3 years old!!) .it does not have the ACC and is 5 speed and has ABS....,, and it's AC is quite poor :-( but the car overall is a BEAUTY !! after me whole of ghaziabad is full of white i20s !!!!:-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks