Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2012, 14:00   #901
BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Trying to resurrect an old well running thread? Is anyone still around? I have been quite busy myself with a little one coming into the family. So we are now three people with a lot of fun & chaos all around
Sudeep,

Belated congrats on the arrival of the new guest mate! Hope he/she is keeping your spirits sky high.

I have been sailing for long now-with no internet access. Now in Hawaii-first net access in 6 months! Hence a few quick posts.

City is doing great-Wifey is taking great care of her. Had upgraded the tyres to Michelin Primacy LC 195/60R15. Much more comfortable and no big difference in mileage.

I will check out your modification for ground clearance.

I wish you and all other friends a wonderful year 2013!!

Rgds,
charthom
charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2012, 16:11   #902
BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Glad to hear the car is still doing well. I had considered changing my car tyres to 195/65, but then I realized it decreases the ground clearance by a few millimeters (although the correct size upgrade and better comfort). How are you measuring this, BTW? Is it just observation/feel after the change of tyres? The MRFs on my car make a howling sound when driving on highways. I guess that is the tyre noise... My plan is to upgrade to Yokhohama S drives (185/65/R15). This combined with the mod I have done for the coil springs will surely eliminate most of the ground clearance issues. 90% is eliminated now for me.
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:08   #903
BHPian

Sudeep,

Why 185? 195 should be better- I noticed not much difference in mileage.
Yokohamas are goods for city drive?Could be better on the highway.

How is the ride comfort after the mod? any change in handling? How much did you pay? Any hit on the guarantee of suspension?

I am considering the same modification-is it easily removable?

charthom.
Old 20th January 2013, 23:50   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Sudeep,

Why 185? 195 should be better- I noticed not much difference in mileage.
Yokohamas are goods for city drive?Could be better on the highway.

How is the ride comfort after the mod? any change in handling? How much did you pay? Any hit on the guarantee of suspension?

I am considering the same modification-is it easily removable?

charthom.
185/65 or 195/60. Both are equally good for upsizing. I do not know about Yokos, but many have good feedback about that tyre. I can say that the ride comfort is same or improved slightly after the mod, in the sense... when I cross speed breakers, the bounciness from the back is gone. It feels good, even with 5 people on board. It did not change the handling of the car at all. I paid about 3000 for 2 donuts.

I am sure Honda would not like this mod, but then following GTO's thread there might be some minimal impact to the life of the coil spring since we are reducing the action on it. It is believe that if your spring suspension lasts for let's say 80k, you might be better of changing it at 75K sorts. I am not too worried about that change since at 75K, the suspension is almost hosed anyways.

I have posted full details on a separate thread which I mentioned in this thread too. Take a look

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks