Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2011, 22:17   #91
BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Guys,

Here are two more pics of my ANHC after going for Karlsson leather seats. This is a new design that they worked for me having combination of Sandstone + Black that has come out very good.

Please do et me know your views.

Cheers,
KTP
@kirantp,good interiors-nicely done.Still,I have a feeling that the original Honda leather seats are more elegant-pardon me for being frank.I somehow liked the all beige seat covers more.My individual view of course.Also your steering cover is not clear from this angle.Can you post a snap from another angle?

Do you have a gap to accommodate the rear arm rest hinge as seen on these snaps of my car's rear arem rest?.
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00441.jpg
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00443.jpg

How much is expenses for the covers?And for the steering cover?Did you wrap the door hand rests too in leather?

Nice to note that you too have Urban Titanium colour.Urban titanium is a mix of brown,grey with a tinge of silver added-as per a Filipino site.

Please check out a few external photos of my car.Not very clean due to the persistent rains.But this is the best I could manage.

I have a feeling,the Urban titanium looks cleaner even when dirty,like some browns and silvers.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00445.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00446.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00447.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00448.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00452.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00453.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00454.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00456.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00458.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00462.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00463.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00468.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc00469.jpg  

charthom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2011, 22:35   #92
BHPian

Re: Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
@ Firebug As long as you do not get grease like things into the mat, you can use a soap liquid to clean the mats. I use the lifebuoy liquid soap and it works well and also gives it a good smell. My mats too came in plastic cover. I examined the material and did not feel that they were not genuine ones. I actually bought it from an authorized dealer for 3D mats. So I believe you should be fine.
@sudeepg,have not cleaned the mats so far-only taking care too much not to make them dirty

However thanks for the tip,me too will try the lifebouy liquid soap.

@FireBug, the 3D emblem is very distinct.I think it is too early for anyone to market fake ones.
Old 26th June 2011, 22:42   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Fellow BHPians,
Since my car was delivered much before the price cut,the price is pre –price cut.Car price( on road Cochin)-11, 36,185/-
This is the height of coincidence. I bought the Chevy Cruze for the exact same on road price on 31st December 2009.
Happy driving. If at all your wifes troubles do not ameliorate then for her sake have a test drive of the Petrol Ambassador. No car in India except probably the Roll Royce or the Maybach will be as comfortable for our pot hole ridden roads. The roads in Cochin have improved by leaps and bounds though since the last one year when the judiciary stepped in. DO NOT right of the venerable amby just yet. Orthopedicians still will swear by it for those afflicted with back trouble.
drpullockaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2011, 22:46   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please check out a few external photos of my car.Not very clean due to the persistent rains.But this is the best I could manage.

I have a feeling,the Urban titanium looks cleaner even when dirty,like some browns and silvers.
Nice snaps there charthom. Just to mention one important point, Take care of that little antenna. It is theft prone and a new one will cost over 1500 INR. And also instruct your cleaner to not to bend that antenna while washing/cleaning, I have seen many ANHCs with bend antennas and if you clean the car yourself then also be careful while covering/uncovering the car.

Last edited by bluevolt : 26th June 2011 at 22:48.
Old 26th June 2011, 22:56   #95
Senior - BHPian

Those are some nice pictures there Charthom. I like that colour a lot, it goes with the ANHC very well. And yes your car looks like it has just been washed Had you not mentioned it, we would not have guessed that it wasn't really clean!
Old 26th June 2011, 23:25   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Nice snaps there charthom. Just to mention one important point, Take care of that little antenna. It is theft prone and a new one will cost over 1500 INR. And also instruct your cleaner to not to bend that antenna while washing/cleaning, I have seen many ANHCs with bend antennas and if you clean the car yourself then also be careful while covering/uncovering the car.
Thank you for the information that the antenna is theft prone. The antenna, though flexible can bent out of shape if not taken good care of. I realized this after I put on the cover and went to office. By the time I came back, the wind had blown the cover off and one portion resting on the antenna. Luckily, my car's antenna didn't get bent but one of my fellow flat mates was not lucky.
Old 27th June 2011, 07:40   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Urban titanium is a mix of brown,grey with a tinge of silver added-as per a Filipino site.
That’s a pretty good explanation of the color. And yes, it does not look like a dirt magnet. Awesome pictures indeed. Thanks for sharing.

And I should say that the apartment got quite spacious frontage
Old 27th June 2011, 08:33   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
This is the height of coincidence. I bought the Chevy Cruze for the exact same on road price on 31st December 2009.
Happy driving. If at all your wifes troubles do not ameliorate then for her sake have a test drive of the Petrol Ambassador. DO NOT right of the venerable amby just yet. Orthopedicians still will swear by it for those afflicted with back trouble.
@drpullockaran,Nice coincidence!!Hope your Cruze is doing commendable service.Regarding the amby-yes in full agreement.Now my wife seems to tolerate the City and her condition is improving.

Quote:
Thanks bluevolt.Thanks for the tip on the antenn-I will be careful.

BTW,bluevolt-your new seat covers are stunning.Are they leather? Somehow I too don't really prefer combination colours esp.beige and black for the seats.I noticed you too have that gap in the rear arm rest-guess it is common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Those are some nice pictures there Charthom. I like that colour a lot, it goes with the ANHC very well. And yes your car looks like it has just been washed Had you not mentioned it, we would not have guessed that it wasn't really clean!
@aravind.anand,thanks.Unlike my black i10, she does not look dirty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
That’s a pretty good explanation of the color. And yes, it does not look like a dirt magnet. Awesome pictures indeed. Thanks for sharing.

And I should say that the apartment got quite spacious frontage
@vb-san,thanks. I seem to have picked up the multi quote technique.Thanks to your assistance.Thanks again.
Old 27th June 2011, 08:53   #99
BHPian

@kirantp,

Did you notice any reduction in the leg room in the car after installation of the leather seats from Karlsson?

What are those black dots on the rear bumper of your UT beauty?Are they reverse sensors?

As others pointed out the UT colour seems to be like a chameleon-looking different on different occasions

Nice landscape BTW.
Old 27th June 2011, 10:16   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks bluevolt.Thanks for the tip on the antenn-I will be careful.

BTW,bluevolt-your new seat covers are stunning.Are they leather? Somehow I too don't really prefer combination colours esp.beige and black for the seats.I noticed you too have that gap in the rear arm rest-guess it is common.
They are art leather seat covers of AUTOFORM brand. I got them from Honda showroom for Rs.7800. It also comes with two years warranty (got the warranty card)
Old 27th June 2011, 11:04   #101
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Here are two more pics of my ANHC after going for Karlsson leather seats. This is a new design that they worked for me having combination of Sandstone + Black that has come out very good.
@kirantp, is it possible for you to post close up pictures of the front hand rest. Specially the corner tips where the leather folds inside. Usually fitters goof up in those areas. I was wondering how Karlsson did the job.

Quote:
Do you have a gap to accommodate the rear arm rest hinge as seen on these snaps of my car's rear arem rest?.
Quote:
They are art leather seat covers of AUTOFORM brand. I got them from Honda showroom for Rs.7800. It also comes with two years warranty (got the warranty card)
I have a similar question! @Bluevolt, did you get the front arm rest also covered by art leather?
Old 27th June 2011, 11:27   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post

I have a similar question! @Bluevolt, did you get the front arm rest also covered by art leather?
Yes, the front arm rest is covered by the leather. Have a look at the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc03771-fileminimizer.jpg  

Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!-dsc03775-fileminimizer.jpg  

bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2011, 11:50   #103
BHPian

Quote:
@kirantp,

Did you notice any reduction in the leg room in the car after installation of the leather seats from Karlsson?

What are those black dots on the rear bumper of your UT beauty?Are they reverse sensors?

As others pointed out the UT colour seems to be like a chameleon-looking different on different occasions

Nice landscape BTW.
Charthom, I did not notice any difference in the leg room post installation.
The black dots are the indeed reverse sensors that came as part of free accessories

About the landscape, we had been to Ooty-Kotagiri-Konoor and this was taken after climbing up the Emerald Dam via a very narrow kaccha road that goes uphill. I am currently working on the travelogue and will post it very soon along with pics.
Old 27th June 2011, 11:59   #104
BHPian

Quote:
These are nice seat covers kirantp. How much they cost? Did you get these seat covers from Honda? I saw similar stuff when I bought one for my car last week during service from Honda showroom. Since I was interested in something which are identical to stock ones, I got these covers.
Thank You Bluevolt. The total cost came to 28K (this includes seats, door trims, Gear boot, Hand break sleve, Arm rest front and rear). They completely stripped off the fabric seat covers and handed them over to me before installing the leather ones. I got them done from Karlsson Leather, Bangalore. This is a fresh new design that they worked for my car.

By the way, the leather covers on your car is looking cool too.

Cheers,
KTP
Old 27th June 2011, 12:03   #105
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the front arm rest is covered by the leather. Have a look at the pictures.
Thanks for sharing. The workmanship is of very high quality indeed. Usually they goof up at the edges where the leather folds inside the armrest plate. I will try to post a picture of a bad workmanship example soon!

Last edited by dot : 27th June 2011 at 12:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks