Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2011, 15:31   #16
BHPian

re: Ms. Temptation's Victim - My New Ford Fiesta Sedan (Diesel)

Congrats Sugeeta, finally got your baby eh
The new fiesta looks super cool in silver whch is on the best colours for this car IMHO, lovely read as well.
AdrenalinJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 16:04   #17
BHPian

Excellent write up. Was looking forward to this thread since you took delivery of the car and you did not disappoint me.

Many congratulations. I am sure this is one victimization you will be very happy with and thank Ms.Temptation for driving you towards this car.

One question - Will this car be ever put to use by 2 + 3 people or will it always be 1+1 or 2+2? Because one of the reasons I did not go for New Fiesta is the rear bench just cannot seat 3 adults and in my case that elbow room was a must.
NoRules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 16:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sugeeta on finally bringing home the new Fiesta. I wish you many a safe mile together.

Thanks for putting up a pic of your ride. This morning on my way to work I saw a Fiesta in the 'Squeeze' colour and I was finding it difficult to get out of my head. It was a ghastly sight and I hope I dont see it again!
Please post more pics when possible
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 16:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Sugeeta! Nice write up as well

Please do keep this thread active with your ownership experience and drive safe!

I am preparing myself for the next Ford if everything goes well in my plan
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 16:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
This is one good read, Sugeeta!

Congrats on your New Ford Fiesta. I am sure your old affair with Ford will continue to rise on to new heights with this new member in the family. Have a happy drive and clock some more thousands of blissful miles of her!

I agree with you about the rear design of the new car, however your dislikes sound like as if you are writing them just for the sake of it! lol.

Also, do you visit Hauz Khas and its vicinity or you reside there? Since I remember seeing a new Fiesta with Team BHP stickers on that route.

P.S. This so called Ms. Temptation seem to re-direct me as well in the same way as it does to you! Damn her...

Thanks Ace F355. I do hope I am able to buy some other make the next time I plan to buy a car (maybe 5 years or so later). You are right about the dislikes - I have more or less got used to them.

I live in West Delhi but do visit the Hauz Khas / Safdarjung Enclave / Saket area quite often.

So I was right in believing that Ms. temptation handles other accounts as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Woah Sugeeta hearty congrats on your "New Addiction".

I was barely reading the context since I was really amazed by your spontaneity in writing!!

Wish you all the many more happy miles with your New Fiesta, just the same way you had with the old one.
Thanks Vik728. The writing happened in bits and pieces at various airports, so the narrative is not what I had planned it to be.

I do miss my old Fiesta, but I am able to see her on my ocassional late evening walks in the same neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@Sugeeta

A Big Congratulations to your Ford. Should I say Ford runs in your blood. Yours was the most anticipated ownership thread and you have not disappointed. What a writing, was glued to read right from start to end.

I didnt know you were a chrome fan when you wanted more chrome in your Fiesta. I feel the lesser the chrome more royal the car looks. Did the dealer have any feedback form, I guess you could have filled the pages, request you to write to Ford customer care regarding the wish list but as pain points.

Happy mile cruching and drive safley, looking forward to more wonderful interactions. BTW I have keeping Ms Temptation on hold for quite some time now, hope she stays there till I let her loose.
Thanks ghodlur. I took really long in writing this on account of increased travel.

I am not a very big chrome fan but I like it here and there (Indian woman after all !!). It would have been useful for breaking the black monotone in the interiors of the new Fiesta. I would like to write to Ford Customer Care once I have some more suggestions. Hope they take them seriously.

Well, hope you let Ms. Temptation loose in the near future so that we get to hear of your decision making and buying process in detail.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 18th October 2011 at 16:42.
Old 18th October 2011, 16:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Sugeeta for your new Ford Figo.Ford fiesta to Ford Figo. How do you feel between these two cars? We are always settle with our own first brand company for future cars too. Me left indica for its nice and went to wagon R and then to Ritz and looking for New Swift all three from Maruti. Me too should change my mind.
navan49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 16:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Thanks Ace F355. I do hope I am able to buy some other make the next time I plan to buy a car (maybe 5 years or so later). You are right about the dislikes - I have more or less got used to them.

I live in West Delhi but do visit the Hauz Khas / Safdarjung Enclave / Saket area quite often.

So I was right in believing that Ms. temptation handles other accounts as well.
Eh, the times when heart rules over the brain... so you know!

And I am now more confident I would have seen your car only. BTW, I reside and work in Saket only. So next time if you see a weird looking Civic with a Got BHP? slapped in the front and LTD sticker in the back honking and flashing at you, you know who might that be!
Old 18th October 2011, 16:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaren View Post
Excellent write up, Sugeeta !! Thoroughly enjoyed your conversations !!!

Congrats on your new acquisition and hope to see it with more bling. Enjoy miles of safe drives and keep us posted.
@Thanks aaren. Thanks for enjoying the conversations.

No more bling on the car, else it might show up on the weird and whacky mod jobs thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Neat Work there! Congrats! I wish you'd put up more pics though.

And how is the Voice Command thingy? Does it really work or is it a chore like on the phone dialers?
Thanks Tassem. More pictures would follow for sure, once I can 'patao' one of my kids to spare some time from Facebook. All I own is a modest Nikon camera. The kids and hubby own better gizmos.

The voice command feature was the surprise package. It is indeed useful and more importantly, it is user friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Sugeeta, superb review with terrific detail and a great sense of humour. Congratulations on the car and the review!

Ford really ought to compensate and/or reward you for your loyalty to the brand besides the difficulty experienced in receiving the car.

As a fanatical Ford fan too (I still own and drive both an Ikon 1.6 and a Fiesta 1.6S) I can relate to the Ford driving experience that you have elaborated so well.

And perhaps, to add to the existing humorous introduction in the write-up, your hubby might add a few lines too! It would be nice to know what he has to say about your car fixation!

Best wishes for another long stint with your new Fiesta!
Thankyou Damu. Ford is stingy when it comes to rewarding eager and loyal customers. They sing a different tune if you are a hard to convince customer. The only freebie I got was 8 liters of Diesel!!

Wow!! An Ikon 1.6 and a Fiesta 1.6S!! Both are surely great drives.

Hubby always appears to dislike cars, but I reached home unexpectedly from work one day to catch him watching a 'recorded' TopGear program on low volume. When I walked in, he quickly flipped channels to the current telecast of Gadget Guru!!

He knew that I was a car freak before he married me.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 17:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

I read a very similar ownership for the old ford fiesta, was that yours? I think it should be, the style is uncannily similar! But that was one hell of a review, very interesting and engrossing!

Congrats on the buy! I think the only next vehicle that you could buy from Ford's stable as of now is Endeavor, what? And for some reason, even I am sold out to the blue oval, even my next vehicle would most probably the BO
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 17:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Sugeeta !

That was some unusually quick decision making !

We need pictures - lots of them.
normally_crazy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 17:16   #26
BHPian

Congratulations on your new diesel machine. I guess you forgot to mention the boot space. Like its older sibling, the new fiesta also has huge boot space which is really useful for a typical Indian family.

Have fun driving..

-UB
UB_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 17:33   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congratulation on the new ride and a very well written review , had a blast reading every bit of it. Some similar conversations taking place in my household as well right now , but roles are the opposite!

Definitely wish to see more pictures and look forward to them

A bit surprised that you found the plastic quality on the front acceptable , i thought personally that a much better job could have been done with them
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 17:34   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Deserves 5 star rating.

Atlast, the much awaited review. Very detailed. It is difficult to beat Heart with Head.

By the way, what's your take on driveability and all around visibility on Delhi's (crazy South Delhi) stop-go bumper to bumper/door to door/ORVM to ORVM roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Congratulations Sugeeta for your new Ford Figo.Ford fiesta to Ford Figo. How do you feel between these two cars? We are always settle with our own first brand company for future cars too. Me left indica for its nice and went to wagon R and then to Ritz and looking for New Swift all three from Maruti. Me too should change my mind.
Figo? Do I miss something or is this the all new Figo. Blues!

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 17:36   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
On 6th September, I got a call from Harpreet Ford that the Fiesta booked by me was disembarking from the trailer. But the experience over the past few weeks had turned me into a pessimist. I told the dealership to let me know when I could collect it - so it was decided that the D-day would be 8th September, post noon.
on 6th Sept, I got a call from Harpreet Ford that my Figo was disembarking from the trailer. On 7th, I reached there and inspected my Figo. I saw a silver Fiesta standing by it waiting to be delivered to its customer. on 8th, I bought my Figo. During the process, I also saw the silver Fiesta being delivered. Hold on! It was Harpreet Ford, Motinagar not Gurgaon

Anyway, congrats on your Fiesta. I agree that Ford tries its best to impress hard to convince customers like me who never bought a Ford before. They showered me with freebies like free insurance, floor mates, mudguards and 3 liters of petrol.

You got to post more pics since you know how much we love pics. Happy revving!
DevilsCry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2011, 17:39   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I read a very similar ownership for the old ford fiesta, was that yours? I think it should be, the style is uncannily similar! But that was one hell of a review, very interesting and engrossing!

Congrats on the buy! I think the only next vehicle that you could buy from Ford's stable as of now is Endeavor, what? And for some reason, even I am sold out to the blue oval, even my next vehicle would most probably the BO
Thanks anilisanil, if you mean the review as per the link herebelow, yes, it is the one for my old Fiesta :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...er-fiesta.html

Too early for me to think of another vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks