Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2011, 11:10   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Ms. Temptation's Victim - My New Ford Fiesta Sedan (Diesel)

What an amazingly fresh and heartfelt review that was! Lovely writing. More than the car review, the writing itself deserves 5 stars!

Congrats on the new purchase. Like all others, I request the same. More pics. Interiors especially. Wish you many happy miles.
Old 19th October 2011, 11:19   #47
Senior - BHPian

Sugeeta, congrats on the new Fiesta. And nice review there.

Wish you a lot of fun with your new Ford for many years to come.

And I echo the cry here. Need a lot more pics in the day light.
Old 19th October 2011, 11:36   #48
BHPian

Re: Ms. Temptation's Victim....Buys the New Ford Fiesta Sedan

Congrats Sugeetha on your new car and the great review! Wishes for may safe and enjoyable miles of driving with your car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
You know how you can get rid of that chime? By wearing the seat belt!!
In a way, the constant chiming during the initial period changed my habit of getting myself seat-belted before starting the car. Which is good. I believe the chime goes off automatically after 5 minutes. But with the chime so loud, it does get a bit irritating though for our safety sake. Let me consult the manual and post back...
Old 19th October 2011, 12:01   #49
BHPian

Sugeeta,
Congrats on your new FORD Fiesta.

More than your Ford, the narration/discussion with Ms Temptation was very unique and lively.
Old 19th October 2011, 12:11   #50
BHPian

Congratulations on your new Ford Fiesta, Sugeeta. I was keenly following the New Fiesta launch and was quite thrilled about it until they announced the prices and the way they goofed up the rear seats.

I was also following your comments on the official review section about your booking and the frustrations there on. As they say all's well that ends well. Happy to read that you're loving the vehicle and getting used to those little sore points.

Your car needs a good photo shoot and we are waiting for lots of pictures.

Wish you many more happy miles with the car. Drive safe and keep updating us with your review. Rated your thread a well deserved 5 stars!
Old 19th October 2011, 15:12   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Congratulations on the Fiesta Diesel! Nice write up, and well written. What was the damage and any reasons for not considering the Vento diesel?

IMHO the Fiesta diesel is incredibly overpriced, but that's just me. Even though it is a very capable and enjoyable drive, with an 18L budget you could have even gone up to the Laura TDi with DSG. Was it Only Ford, or did you consider anything else apart from the Verna? If you did, your thoughts on the alternatives as well, please.

Thanks VeluM, glad that you liked the writeup. I agree with you on the pricing. I did consider many cars starting from the Captiva and X1, right upto Beat and Figo!! (The entire range). In fact, most of the past one year had been spent this way. But then decided to pay off a running home loan now and buy a real good car later. So settled for the Fiesta.

Hope to offset some of the cost against the 3 year extended warranty and the claimed low maintenance and fuel costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrenalinJunkie View Post
Congrats Sugeeta, finally got your baby eh
The new fiesta looks super cool in silver whch is on the best colours for this car IMHO, lovely read as well.
Thankyou AdrenalinJunkie; Squeeze and Kinetic Blue colors would suit a younger age group. Did not want to turn up at office in a car which would leave my colleagues thinking I had been afflicted with dementia.

So settled for Moondust Silver. 2nd choice was Panther Black though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Excellent write up. Was looking forward to this thread since you took delivery of the car and you did not disappoint me.

Many congratulations. I am sure this is one victimization you will be very happy with and thank Ms.Temptation for driving you towards this car.

One question - Will this car be ever put to use by 2 + 3 people or will it always be 1+1 or 2+2? Because one of the reasons I did not go for New Fiesta is the rear bench just cannot seat 3 adults and in my case that elbow room was a must.
Thanks a lot NoRules. Heartiest Congratulations are in order for your Optra.

Read your ownership thread at a glance. Would do so in detail later in the evening.

This Fiesta has already been put to use with 2+4 people, since mom is visiting for a few days - It does become a little cramped. However, 2+3 works very comfortably.

Ms. Temptation is a different story altogether
Old 19th October 2011, 15:16   #52
BHPian

Fantastic writing and have heard it is a car which handles extremely well and i for one had hoped it got an engine that chassis deserves like 1.6 diesel heart,

and have happy miles in your car

definite 5 stars for the way its written

Last edited by raj.barcode : 19th October 2011 at 15:18.
Old 19th October 2011, 15:17   #53
BHPian

Many congratulations to you for the car Sugeeta. I was on the verge of going for one, and upgrade the seats etc but the very high price and uncertainity on delivery dates made me back off. Looking forward to more pictures and experiences. Wish you many safe miles with the car.
Old 19th October 2011, 15:55   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post

Thanks a lot NoRules. Heartiest Congratulations are in order for your Optra.

Read your ownership thread at a glance. Would do so in detail later in the evening.

This Fiesta has already been put to use with 2+4 people, since mom is visiting for a few days - It does become a little cramped. However, 2+3 works very comfortably.

Ms. Temptation is a different story altogether
2+4? I am really surprised. When I visited the Ford showroom after the launch I sat in the rear seat with 2 other medium built adults and found it a very very tight fit. Anyways, good for you.

Do post some more pics.
Old 19th October 2011, 17:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Thankyou AdrenalinJunkie; Squeeze and Kinetic Blue colors would suit a younger age group. Did not want to turn up at office in a car which would leave my colleagues thinking I had been afflicted with dementia.

So settled for Moondust Silver. 2nd choice was Panther Black though.
Ha ha "Dementia" I hope not
The reason i suggested silver is that it partially hides the huge rear-three quarter panel that makes the rear tire look small to a certain extent besides the other obvious benefits of silver.
Old 19th October 2011, 18:05   #56
BHPian

Nice review and crisp writeup,congratulations on your another ford.Please do post up some pics.
Old 19th October 2011, 20:31   #57
MAS
Senior - BHPian

@ Sugeeta. The rpm at 100 kmph for a Ford Fiesta Classic was 2500 rpm. When i test drove the New Fiesta, i could not hit 100 kmph in the city, but remember doing about 90 at around 2000 rpm. What is the rpm at which the engine runs when you cruise at 100?
Old 20th October 2011, 11:48   #58
BHPian

Press the stalk on the LHS of the steering and

Example 1 :

You say : PHONE (Pause) REDIAL
She says : REDIAL NUMBER CONFIRM YES OR NO
You say : YES

Voila!! She connects you.
Thats how useful my in-car secretary 'VC' is. I love the voice control feature, something that just about anyone can use.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 20th October 2011 at 12:02.
Old 20th October 2011, 12:01   #59
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations sugeeta on a wonderful car !!

Great write-up and a brilliant review. Wish you many happy miles with the Fiesta. Waiting to see more pics.
Old 20th October 2011, 14:42   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Congrats Sugeeta on finally bringing home the new Fiesta. I wish you many a safe mile together.

Thanks for putting up a pic of your ride. This morning on my way to work I saw a Fiesta in the 'Squeeze' colour and I was finding it difficult to get out of my head. It was a ghastly sight and I hope I dont see it again!
Please post more pics when possible
Thanks for your good wishes selfdrive.

I personally found the 'Squeeze' color a bit over the top. The younger crowd may have different views altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Congratulations Sugeeta! Nice write up as well

Please do keep this thread active with your ownership experience and drive safe!

I am preparing myself for the next Ford if everything goes well in my plan
Thankyou anachronix. I hope I am able to continue adding value to this thread over a period of time.

The next Ford, do you mean the Focus? or the Fiesta SUV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Congratulations Sugeeta for your new Ford Figo.Ford fiesta to Ford Figo. How do you feel between these two cars? We are always settle with our own first brand company for future cars too. Me left indica for its nice and went to wagon R and then to Ritz and looking for New Swift all three from Maruti. Me too should change my mind.
Thankyou Navan.

The sequence is Ikon to Fiesta to New Fiesta. Both, the old and the new Fiesta have their +ves and -ves. I agree that we tend to be biased towards the car manufacturer of the existing ride. Maybe we get comfortable with a known brand and the service staff is known too. Or maybe, it is the fear of the unknown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace F355 View Post
Eh, the times when heart rules over the brain... so you know!

And I am now more confident I would have seen your car only. BTW, I reside and work in Saket only. So next time if you see a weird looking Civic with a Got BHP? slapped in the front and LTD sticker in the back honking and flashing at you, you know who might that be!
In case of cars, the heart almost always overrules the brain!

It is very likely you saw my car in Saket. BTW, what is weird about your Civic, some highlights may be beneficial in identifying you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks