Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 17:49   #61
BHPian

re: Ms. Temptation's Victim - My New Ford Fiesta Sedan (Diesel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Congratulations Sugeeta !

That was some unusually quick decision making !

We need pictures - lots of them.
It was sure quick decision making after having pondered over more than a dozen cars in the past year. But the delayed delivery period was indeed very painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB_007 View Post
Congratulations on your new diesel machine. I guess you forgot to mention the boot space. Like its older sibling, the new fiesta also has huge boot space which is really useful for a typical Indian family.

Have fun driving..

-UB
Yes. The boot space is enough, though I wish the boot lid was broader. The boot space is deep and can acomodate a couple of tall travel bags quite easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Congratulation on the new ride and a very well written review , had a blast reading every bit of it. Some similar conversations taking place in my household as well right now , but roles are the opposite!

Definitely wish to see more pictures and look forward to them

A bit surprised that you found the plastic quality on the front acceptable , i thought personally that a much better job could have been done with them
Look forward to hearing about the conversations at your end.

As far as the plastics in the front are concerned, they are way more acceptable than the ones at the back or as compared to the Ikon (the less talked about those, the better). However, much needs to be done about the quality as well as overall finish. Verna and Vento both score extremely high marks in this domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Congrats! Deserves 5 star rating.

Atlast, the much awaited review. Very detailed. It is difficult to beat Heart with Head.

By the way, what's your take on driveability and all around visibility on Delhi's (crazy South Delhi) stop-go bumper to bumper/door to door/ORVM to ORVM roads?

Figo? Do I miss something or is this the all new Figo. Blues!

Cheers!

Vinu
Heartfelt thanks Vinu.

After a point, you accept and adjust to the B2B driving conditions all over Delhi. The car is faring better than I expected it to in these conditions.

No Figo here. Probably Navan misinterpreted it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsCry View Post
on 6th Sept, I got a call from Harpreet Ford that my Figo was disembarking from the trailer. On 7th, I reached there and inspected my Figo. I saw a silver Fiesta standing by it waiting to be delivered to its customer. on 8th, I bought my Figo. During the process, I also saw the silver Fiesta being delivered. Hold on! It was Harpreet Ford, Motinagar not Gurgaon

Anyway, congrats on your Fiesta. I agree that Ford tries its best to impress hard to convince customers like me who never bought a Ford before. They showered me with freebies like free insurance, floor mates, mudguards and 3 liters of petrol.

You got to post more pics since you know how much we love pics. Happy revving!
DevilsCry, it may be the case that our cars were co-passengers in the same trailer to Delhi. If cars could talk, we could've asked. I expected to take the delivery from Moti Nagar, as that's where all the family Fords go for service & repairs.

Pictures would follow once I get the family to help me on this account. I am awful with cameras.
Old 20th October 2011, 18:12   #62
Senior - BHPian

Ill definitely make a note of it to compare both the next time i have the opportunity to see the car , for me the front looked worse than the rear but then in all fairness to the car , i did spend more time upfront than at the back. Agree with you on the Verna and the Vento.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post

As far as the plastics in the front are concerned, they are way more acceptable than the ones at the back or as compared to the Ikon (the less talked about those, the better). However, much needs to be done about the quality as well as overall finish. Verna and Vento both score extremely high marks in this domain.

Old 21st October 2011, 00:15   #63
BHPian

Excellent review Mrs.Sugeeta. I felt like reading a nice story. Thanks a lot.
As you are very much biassed towards Ford, no negatives have come out. Of course there are almost none in the car.
And most of the negatives that you have indicated are seems to be based on your personal preferences and none from the car as such.
For example, I like black interiors than beige.
similarly, I felt that fiesta rear bench cannot accommodate 3 average sized adults for sure.

Once again, thanks for a great initial ownership review.

Regards,
JK
Old 21st October 2011, 10:27   #64
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 5th December 2011 at 15:42.
motomaverick is offline   Received Infraction
Old 21st October 2011, 15:03   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Congrats on your new baby. This is the first new Fiesta review I've read on the forums.

Glad that you're loving it...do post some pics please!
Thanks noopster. Congratulations to you too on your Vento crossing the 9K Kms. mark. I had been avidly reading all your posts on the Vento over the last many months and I must say, have gained a lot of practical knowledge thro' them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Congratulations on your new Fiesta. Thoroughly enjoyed reading your write up and the decision making process. Ford must be doing something right when people decide to buy their cars without TDing. When Ms. Temptation sets up shop in one's heart, it is impossible for the head to call the shots eh? It happens to all of us.

Nice to see Ford carry forward the DNA of the good handling Old Fiesta to the New Fiesta. I wish Ford reacts to the market reactions to some of the shoddy quality in the interiors and get their pricing right. The potential in the segment is amazing looking at the numbers the Verna and the City are putting up.
The handling and stability as well as the fuel efficiency are the main +ves of this car. The interiors are not exactly star class and pricing needs a complete revamp. Hope Ford Motors are actually listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Nice write up, Sugeeta. A review of the new Fiesta was much needed here.

You know how you can get rid of that chime? By wearing the seat belt!!
Thanks Amitoj, there are some more reviews of the new Fiesta on the Forum.

I agree the with you on the seat belt warning chime - it might end up saving a couple of lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Congrats on the new one.

I was so ready to buy this car before the launch and how Ford spoiled it for me and most of us.

But good to know you are having a ball with it

Cheers
Thanks sahakar. Lets wait and see if the pricing undergoes an adjustment. The petrol one is already advertising discounts of approx. Rs. 50000 (don't know whether in cash or in kind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Can totally relate to that , i did not even bother starting my research till this car came out and when it did i was left wondering why i waited at all. Very bad price point.
The prices should be coming down soon alongwith a couple of Limited Editions (if we go by past experience with Ford Motors).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations Sugeeta! Finally the long-awaited review got published
I still remember the conversation with Ms. Temptation (when you first put up the opening post a few months back).

Good to know that the back seat is good to accommodate three comfortably. Do keep updating the thread. Happy driving!
Thanks vb-san. You were the first one to comment on the unedited version. Seems likes ages ago.

The back seat accomodates 3-4 average sized people easily. Do not have too many heavily built people in the family. So I am not worrying on the back seat at all. This car is mainly for daily office commute and an occasional weekend getaway within 200-300 Kms.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 21st October 2011 at 15:06.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2011, 12:46   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
A very well written and comprehensive Initial Ownership Report. Well worth the wait. The car is amazing to drive and has ticked all the right boxes for me too. I am becoming increasingly impatient to own the car now...
Thanks MAS. Hope you take the delivery of your car soon so that we can have another experience to check back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Congrats Sugeeta on your new purchase!

A good percentage of accidents happen closer to home than you would imagine. May I suggest you make it a habit to wear the seat belt as soon as you get in the car, regardless of distance traveled?
Thanks EagleEye. I am getting used to wearing the seat belt the moment I slot the car into 1st gear to avoid the chimes. So hopefully it is a good habit the warning chimes have instilled in me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Congrats on a tempting car and a temptful review from Ms. Temptation!
Thanks sidindica. I have directed my daughter to read your Eon review. Hopefully she makes uo her mind soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats for the Ford, sugeeta. Interesting narrative, I must say.
I also vivdly remember the Fiesta display at Select City with that pointer thingy to explore the car features on the screen. Glad that they were able to attract customers even after not so VFM pricing.
Thankyou Utopian. I made to Select City Walk rather late in the day. Saw the proceedings on the FB link though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Woah!! Congratulations!! Congratulations!!
Have noticed the change in your avatar pic long back but thought will congratulate you on your ownership thread and here now it's already 3 pages and I have caught this late.

I am glad your likes are more than the dislikes. Happy to see it that way!! But I would differ on the rear seat space. Two persons sitting on the either side would be at comfort, but the third one sitting at the centre will have a sore back due to that center arm rest, it's just not comfortable for the long drives.
And yes the dark interiors takes the fun away from the good looking car. Seriously they should start offering the New Fiesta with beige/light coloured interior trims.

Lastly, more pics, more pics!! The one you posted does not do justice to such a good looking car.
Thankyou Manish. So far the likes exceed the dislikes. Hope it remains this way (Keeping my fingers crossed).

I agree on 3 heavily built people finding it difficult in the rear. But with my family (in their present state), they are able to sit easily and then have some more space to spare.

Have been following your Ikon updates closely.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 24th October 2011 at 12:50.
Old 15th November 2011, 15:20   #67
BHPian

Re: Ms. Temptation's Victim - My New Ford Fiesta (Diesel). 2500 Kms. service update

The car went for its first free service on 5th November, 2011, just as it had completed 2500 Kms.

Cost of service : 0

Very few new Fiestas have been serviced so far, so the staff giave it their complete attention. The person attending to my car, Kamal Singh, did a fairly good job.

If there is an improvement in the fuel efficiency figures, it will be noticeable in the next few days, as the time approaches for refueling.

However, there is a remarkable improvement in acceleration. There is less lag compared to the initial few days.

The ground clearance is much, much better than the previous Fiesta and till date, I have not scraped the bottom even on extremely bumpy potholed roads, or any of the nasty speed breakers.

I see my dependency on the voice control feature increasing somewhat. However, one irritating problem persists when you want to set temperature to twenty two. The voice control feature seems to disregard the two and sets temperature to twenty. Don't know if other Fiesta owners face the same issue.

So far so good. No niggles evident so far.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 15th November 2011 at 15:21.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 16:35   #68
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ms. Temptation's Victim - My New Ford Fiesta (Diesel). 2500 Kms. service update

Quote:
The car went for its first free service on 5th November, 2011, just as it had completed 2500 Kms.

Wonderful & thanks for the update Sugeeta. Must have been very pleasing to know that your first service charges are nil. There are very few news Fiestas around & threads like this are a rarity, so please keep it updating regularly.

Quote:
However, there is a remarkable improvement in acceleration. There is less lag compared to the initial few days.

The ground clearance is much, much better than the previous Fiesta and till date, I have not scraped the bottom even on extremely bumpy potholed roads, or any of the nasty speed breakers.So far so good. No niggles evident so far.
That's quite promising, no bottom scraping in this world of low slung sedans & bad roads. I am keenly following the developments on Ford EcoSport, which is based on the Fiesta platform if I am not wrong. Did you get any hints/clues @ Ford EcoSport at the Service Centre when you went there to service your car.

p.s: Its high time now to update your signature please with the new Fiesta else Ms. Temptation won't forgive you that easily

Last edited by AutoIndian : 15th November 2011 at 16:37.
Old 15th November 2011, 16:52   #69
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Very few new Fiestas have been serviced so far, so the staff giave it their complete attention. The person attending to my car, Kamal Singh, did a fairly good job.

If there is an improvement in the fuel efficiency figures, it will be noticeable in the next few days, as the time approaches for refueling.

The ground clearance is much, much better than the previous Fiesta and till date, I have not scraped the bottom even on extremely bumpy potholed roads, or any of the nasty speed breakers.

I see my dependency on the voice control feature increasing somewhat. However, one irritating problem persists when you want to set temperature to twenty two. The voice control feature seems to disregard the two and sets temperature to twenty. Don't know if other Fiesta owners face the same issue.

Good to know that the car has been niggle free (touch-woooood).

What are the service intervals for the next services. The first service for the Fusion was at 10K Kms and at 10K intervals there after.

I had more problems with the VAC while test driving the car. When i said "Twenty Two", the VAC set the temperature at "Thirty two". Wonder what happens if we say "Eighty five" or some high temperature. Does the VAC respond as "Too High"?
Old 15th November 2011, 17:29   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sugeeta, good to know that you’re enjoying the car
Couple of questions on the new Fiesta:
1) What is the service interval recommended by Ford (and how many free services)?
2) What’s the warranty package they are offering?
Old 2nd December 2011, 17:38   #71
BHPian

Re: Ms. Temptation's Victim - My New Ford Fiesta - 3750 Kms. update

The 3750 Kms. update :

Did I ever mention turbo lag? I stand corrected !!

The only minimal lag I experience is at the time of shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear at low rpms.

This one flies much like the previous generation Fiesta. When the traffic lights shift to green, I can see the other vehicles struggling way behind as the Fiesta shoots forward.

As per sales staff at Harpreet Ford, most of the driving fun (fingers crossed!!) will start after 7500- 8000 kms. on the odo.

Am lovin' it!!
Old 3rd December 2011, 00:21   #72
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ms. Temptation's Victim - My New Ford Fiesta - 3750 Kms. update

Quote:
The 3750 Kms. update :

The only minimal lag I experience is at the time of shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear at low rpms.

This one flies much like the previous generation Fiesta. When the traffic lights shift to green, I can see the other vehicles struggling way behind as the Fiesta shoots forward.

As per sales staff at Harpreet Ford, most of the driving fun (fingers crossed!!) will start after 7500- 8000 kms. on the odo.

Am lovin' it!!
Thank you for the update. I guess you are used to the Turbo lag now and don't feel it any more. Good to know that you are driving the wheels of the car. What is the mileage you have been able to extract from the car.

I am not sure what Harpreet Ford mean by saying that the driving fun would start at 7500 - 8000 kms?! Has any other Fiesta owner driven such mileage already?

When is the second service due for the car (kms/time)?

Last edited by MAS : 3rd December 2011 at 00:23.
Old 28th December 2011, 01:04   #73
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Am lovin' it!!
Finally, I have booked a Titanium plus TDCi. I have a few questions.

1. Do you see an ESP symbol glow in the instrument panel when you turn on the ignition.
2. Today I had been to the dealer's warehouse to choose between three Moon dust silver cars. Chose the one which had least kms logged. Cranked the engine and found the rpm to oscillate between 700-800 rpm for about fifteen seconds after which it settles at about 900 rpm. Is this normal during cold starts or is it a cause of concern?
3. I also had a chance to drive a test car which had done 7000 kms. The engine sounded rough, coarse and vibration of the engine at idle had vibrations which was penetrating very easily throughout the car. How is your car doing now? Has the engine opened up and is more rev friendly now?
4. How is Cruise Control working. I'm really excited about this as I will use it in my frequent highway runs.

Would appreciate an early reply as my delivery is next week Monday.

Last edited by MAS : 28th December 2011 at 01:07.
Old 4th February 2012, 17:09   #74
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ms. Temptation's Victim - My New Ford Fiesta Sedan (Diesel)

Quote:
The 3750 Kms. update :

Congrats Sugeeta! Am very late on this thread, but have been on a "break" from the forum for a while. You have been one passionate Ford-lover.

For a car lover, most small things (interiors quality, for eg) tend to barely matter over time; the feel of the car is what one enjoys. You would be loving the handling. I was really impressed by this car's composure across surfaces and conditions in my TD.

Was a bit surprised to read about the Turbolag you mentioned before, till your remark above. What do you think made that change? Any change in the car, or just getting more used to the power delivery of the car and using it in a more appropriate gear/RPM range?

PS: Are you on a break too??
Poitive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 11:33   #75
BHPian

Re: Ms. Temptation's Victim - My New Ford Fiesta Sedan (Diesel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Congrats Sugeeta! Am very late on this thread, but have been on a "break" from the forum for a while. You have been one passionate Ford-lover.

For a car lover, most small things (interiors quality, for eg) tend to barely matter over time; the feel of the car is what one enjoys. You would be loving the handling. I was really impressed by this car's composure across surfaces and conditions in my TD.

Was a bit surprised to read about the Turbolag you mentioned before, till your remark above. What do you think made that change? Any change in the car, or just getting more used to the power delivery of the car and using it in a more appropriate gear/RPM range?

PS: Are you on a break too??
Hi Poitive; have been on a short sabbatical. My team at work was downsized in October last (to cover for revenue shortfall elsewhere - the usual story!!), with no change in our deliverables. I have no option but to pitch in wherever I can - it is very difficult to keep up the morale of the remaining people, approx. 75 in two locations. Frequent travel to Bangalore eats into the remaining time. Whatever little time remains is divided between family and home. So life has been very hectic lately.

The car continues to fascinate me and lately I see more of them on roads in Delhi as well as in Bangalore. The interiors do not bother me much, I agree. The turbolag has reduced somewhat, after the first service :
- maybe the initial friction of a new car is now reduced
- also, as you mentioned, seems I have adjusted my driving to the power delivery of the car, especially wrt the gear shift and clutch release.

Hope to write a more comprehensive review soon. Car has completed almost 7000 Kms. on the road and I am happy with the fuel efficiency.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks