Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2012, 15:14   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ms. Temptation's Victim - My New Ford Fiesta Sedan (Diesel)

Sugeeta, congragulations on the new purchase, even if it was kinda forced on you by Ms. Temptation

The new Fiesta is no doubt a brilliant car but I can only wonder who finally authorised the pricing. Reminds me of that thread running around TBHP which asks Big Money + Big Talent = The overpriced market dud. How? - The Fiesta would be a perfect specimen for this.

I have seen a black one up close and I admit it looks brilliant when viewed from the front, but when you get a view from the back, I have only question. What happened. I can only think of one, not so flattering answer. The day before the plans were approved, the chief designer took the plans home and his four year doodled all over the back of the car in the plans, and then without anybody checking it, it went through final approval. Scarily bad looking but a brilliant car.

May you enjoy lots of miles of happy motoring with this.

How do you rate the new Fiesta in handling when compared with the old Fiesta. The old one is really a very stable and brilliant handler on the highway. I assume the new one is no different.

Finally, we are all little children who thrive on lots of photographs. Please oblige and help us
Old 18th April 2012, 17:16   #92
BHPian

The new Fiesta has completed 9700 Kms. on road and is due for its 2nd free service this weekend. Waiting to see which parts have taken the maximum brunt of these 10000 Kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Ms. Temptation's Victim - My New Ford Fiesta Sedan (Diesel)-fiesta-pic.jpg  

Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2012, 17:37   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
The new Fiesta has completed 9700 Kms. on road and is due for its 2nd free service this weekend. Waiting to see which parts have taken the maximum brunt of these 10000 Kms.
Congratulations on nearing the 10K mark, feels ecstatic to look at the five figure mark on the odo (mine has reached 6 figures couple of months back). Do let us know your experience @ the second free service. Also try to get some insights into the Ecosport, its probable launch date in India. It seems the production version is going to be displayed at the Shanghai Auto show on 22nd April & it is going to be unveiled to the media on 23rd in Brazil

Edit: Why is that Ms. Temptation has still not found her due place in your signature? This fact baffles me a lot. Is there any particular reason for that?

Last edited by AutoIndian : 18th April 2012 at 17:40.
Old 18th April 2012, 17:49   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations on nearing the 10K mark, feels ecstatic to look at the five figure mark on the odo (mine has reached 6 figures couple of months back). Do let us know your experience @ the second free service. Also try to get some insights into the Ecosport, its probable launch date in India. It seems the production version is going to be displayed at the Shanghai Auto show on 22nd April & it is going to be unveiled to the media on 23rd in Brazil

Edit: Why is that Ms. Temptation has still not found her due place in your signature? This fact baffles me a lot. Is there any particular reason for that?
Thanks AutoIndian. I can see that you are waiting eagerly for the Ecosport. A good set of wheels to wait for.

No particular reason for the new Fiesta not figuring on my signature. Tried it once but the connection encountered some problem and it ledt it at that. Hope to do it soon.
Old 7th August 2012, 15:34   #95
BHPian

Been months since I updated this thread on account of hectic work commitments. The car has completed 14300 Kms. as on date.

But need to share this :

Just got a call from Ford Motors in Gurgaon (Number 0124-654406). The gentleman wanted to know who was using the new Ford Fiesta car with the registration number (DLXXXXXXXX), was it me or some male member. Well they are inviting MEN for a feedback session on the car. Women are not qualified to give feedback on cars.

Ford Motors, you have run out of favour as far as I am concerned. 10 years and 3 Fords later!!

My eyes are now on other brands. Reposting this on their FB page as well.

I was one of the first few people to book this car pan India. Buggers!! (Sorry, but this time I am really, really angry).
Old 7th August 2012, 16:04   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Been months since I updated this thread on account of hectic work commitments. The car has completed 14300 Kms. as on date.

But need to share this :

Just got a call from Ford Motors in Gurgaon (Number 0124-654406). The gentleman wanted to know who was using the new Ford Fiesta car with the registration number (DLXXXXXXXX), was it me or some male member. Well they are inviting MEN for a feedback session on the car. Women are not qualified to give feedback on cars.

Ford Motors, you have run out of favour as far as I am concerned. 10 years and 3 Fords later!!

I was one of the first few people to book this car pan India. Buggers!! (Sorry, but this time I am really, really angry).
That was a bad one Sugeeta. Really discriminative behaviour. But it could be just an idiotic sales guy who did that. Probably have to do more to logistics of having a women in the group, if travel, test drives etc are involved. Typical Indian mindset i would say. You should escalate it to ford. I am sure they will take this very seriously.
In my opinion, just because of a moron, you should not disown a car company you like.
Regards
999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 16:35   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is utterly outrageous. Inviting just men for a feedback session on the car, why this gender bias? This is not going to do any good to their next dream launch, that of the Ecosport, which is likely to be a hit amongst the female car buying populace. You better write to the higher ups in Ford & make them aware of the disgrace being brought unto you by the gentleman.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 16:46   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Well they are inviting MEN for a feedback session on the car. Women are not qualified to give feedback on cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
That was a bad one Sugeeta. Really discriminative behaviour. But it could be just an idiotic sales guy who did that. Probably have to do more to logistics of having a women in the group, if travel, test drives etc are involved. Typical Indian mindset i would say. You should escalate it to ford. I am sure they will take this very seriously.
In my opinion, just because of a moron, you should not disown a car company you like.
Regards
Rightly mentioned by 999, this might just be the tele-caller. At times, such minor details are what drives consumers away from the brand. While the management wouldn't necessarily discriminate between genders before planning a regional or nation-wide customer connect initiative, the person on the phone was merely performing his mundane job and wouldn't have given it much thought before answering your question.

But, if at all - and going by your description that he confirmed who drives the car - this is true, Ford is in for some serious trouble. Unlike the 2 wheeler manufacturers like Hero Moto Corp, Ford hasn't started advertising their products targetting any specific gender, then why should there be a bias when it comes to feedback?

Last edited by SankalpDesai : 7th August 2012 at 16:48. Reason: spelling errors
SankalpDesai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 16:54   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 999 View Post
Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
That is utterly outrageous. Inviting just men for a feedback session on the car, why this gender bias? This is not going to do any good to their next dream launch, that of the Ecosport, which is likely to be a hit amongst the female car buying populace. You better write to the higher ups in Ford & make them aware of the disgrace being brought unto you by the gentleman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Rightly mentioned by 999, this might just be the tele-caller. At times, such minor details are what drives consumers away from the brand. While the management wouldn't necessarily discriminate between genders before planning a regional or nation-wide customer connect initiative, the person on the phone was merely performing his mundane job and wouldn't have given it much thought before answering your question.

But, if at all - and going by your description that he confirmed who drives the car - this is true, Ford is in for some serious trouble. Unlike the 2 wheeler manufacturers like Hero Moto Corp, Ford hasn't started advertising their products targetting any specific gender, then why should there be a bias when it comes to feedback?
Totally agree. No company would discriminate this way. But these issues sure work as sentiment spoilers.

On the other hand, my daughter had been dilly-dallying between the Figo and Micra diesel versions and off late has been scouring all threads on T-BHP on the two contenders.

Told her to join the Forum and interact with the existing owners of these 2 makes before the final decision.
Old 7th August 2012, 19:42   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Totally agree. No company would discriminate this way. But these issues sure work as sentiment spoilers.
Quite sad that even in this era, these kinds of folks exist. From my experience with Ford India, they have special acumen to recruit specimens like this. Sometimes the whole happiness of owning the car / brand gets diluted with these incidents.

On a side note, one of my colleague went to test-drive a German biggie (at a second-hand dealer). After the TD, she commented that the steering is not impressive. And the sales agent immediately had this comment – why doesn’t her husband do the drive again? Reason: only experienced folks can make out the difference in steering. He assumed that the lady is less experienced than the hubby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta
On the other hand, my daughter had been dilly-dallying between the Figo and Micra
diesel versions and off late has been scouring all threads on T-BHP on the two contenders.
Just a comment – whether it is Figo or the Micra, do look at the top-end variant with all the safety options. My take is youngsters / newbie drivers need safe machines, than the experienced folks.
Old 8th August 2012, 11:33   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Who was this caller? Aurangzeb? Simply unbelievable in these days and times, believe me I was totally bamboozled when I read this . That too in an ultra cosmopolitan place like the NCR. As it is that Ford suffers from dying numbers for the new Fiesta. Raise hell since you have the email addresses of some of the top honchos at Ford from your buying experience. Such kind of utterly callous sexist remarks should not go unnoticed or unpunished.
Old 8th August 2012, 12:56   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
On the other hand, my daughter had been dilly-dallying between the Figo and Micra diesel versions and off late has been scouring all threads on T-BHP on the two contenders.

Told her to join the Forum and interact with the existing owners of these 2 makes before the final decision.
Looking at the recent episode I wouldnt be surprised if she opts for a Micra instead of a Figo. Ford has lost a customer I must say. However if she interacts on the forum she will find more Figo fans than Micra. I am sure you will help her out in this dilema.

My suggestion - write to Ford reg the incident, this approach would ensure the offender is punished.
Old 9th August 2012, 14:13   #103
BHPian

Well... I have finished 100K KM's on my car. As per the advice of the service center I changed the timing belt, pulley's, engine oil and coolant. the bill was 13K. I had specifically requested them to inform before they open up and seeing it changed was not a big affair but was done well.

I do not know why we in India do not use 10 Grade oil for cleaning engine burs and drain before new oil is put.

The rev response was slow when the car was slowed down suddenly, the problem was solved by changing the Clutch sensor switch (Rs.300/-) a small price for a big driving feeling. In fact it was by chance they found out the solution while looking at clutch for this issue.

Suspension overhaul is due and I will get it done by this month. Engine compression is as good as new one. But off late I have a feeling that the torque in 2 gear is not as much as it used to be. Will get it checked.

One issue I have seen in many cars including mine is that the Tail lamp bottom light (Red) is not connected (?) either for Breaking or as regular light. I wonder why.

AC is effective as ever and all small necessities like door light, dash board light, clove box, Dikky lights are working as new.

CD player is sometime is not effective in reading CD's but the Tuner is effective and sensitive.

I welcome suggestion on new tires to be purchased.

In Sept my trip to Goa or Kovalum is on.

Oh finally on FE it is strange that I am getting 22KM/L in city and on long drive about 23~24 no big difference. Mine is 2006 1.4L
Old 14th August 2012, 08:50   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Just got a call from Ford Motors in Gurgaon (Number 0124-654406). .. Well they are inviting MEN for a feedback session on the car. Women are not qualified to give feedback on cars.

I can well understand your annoyance Sugeeta. That wasn't a good approach from them. Many women are expert drivers and Ford (and other companies too) should include this as a basic premise.

I have two lady friends who are expert drivers. Both women love to drive my Scorpio, something many men hesitate to do; it's not the easiest vehicle to drive given its dynamics. One of them who is nearly 50, drives her husband's Tavera and my Scorpio with aplomb, and she loves my Fiesta 'S'.

So, yeah, Ford has to rethink its feedback questionnaire.

Sadly most feedback questionnaires are designed by some marketing guys. These are based on what they want to know, not what you want to tell. They are frequently useless if you really want to give feedback. They have a standard template and it never covers real life issues. And the guy or girl who calls you simply follows the set procedure and gets flustered if you ask a question in return.

Quote:

I saw your FB post. Though they've responded, sad they haven't given any resolution. Did you get any call from them? (BTW, I noticed the censored bit, )
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:53   #105
BHPian

The New Fiesta Completes 1 Year in September

On September 8, 2012, the Fiesta and me completed one year and 16000 Kms. with each other on the roads of Delhi.

Niggles - slight vibration in the steering column at lower speeds, especially while parking.

The car was rear ended by an ill maintained Safari on Ring Road whose weak brakes could not engage on time (as per the owner driver of the vehicle). At least the person driving the car had the decency to acknowledge his mistake and apologize, which is much more than what can be usually expected.

I must say that the Fiesta is a solidly built car. The bumper took the impact very well, but the floor of the boot was severely damaged as the bull bars on the Safari got dislodged and twisted at an odd angle and hit the Fiesta from beneath. Luckily, the silencer, exhaust etc. escaped the damage.

Today, the car has completed 17300 Kms. and every time I start the car, it still brings a on a smile.
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed