Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 07:00   #16
BHPian

Re: Stříbrná Česká Princezna - May '11 Skoda Laura TSI Ambiente

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post

One question regarding the rim+tyre upgrade - was 65k the extra bit you were charged for 16" rims and tyres after exchange? How about some pics of the new shoes... the pics are of the 15 inchers, right?

PS: the spoiler and twin tip exhaust really enhance the rear look of the car!
It was 65k after exchange, which I thought was unnecessarily expensive.. A single 16" OE alloy costs ~14k as per the JMD price-list.

So I stuck to 15s and only changed to PLCs instead on the stock GoodYear. 8k for the upgrade (in exchange, drove straight to the tyre dealer after taking delivery).

Will post better pics of the tyres soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post

I am also in the same initial romance period with my month old TSI.

..They just can't skip components in cars if they are in short supply. Who knows? If brake discs are in short supply, they may ship out cars with just three.
Congrats on the new car & waiting for your thread.. Just love to see more TSIs.. I think there are far too few threads on the TSI considering this is such a driving enthusiasts' forum..

Nicely put about the deletions.. I definitely intend to pursue the matter with Skoda. Just been too enamored with the car during this honeymoon period..
Old 29th June 2011, 10:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by decced View Post
Nicely put about the deletions.. I definitely intend to pursue the matter with Skoda. Just been too enamored with the car during this honeymoon period..
Congrats on the car decced! Wonder if us few shortchanged TSi owners on the board can take Skoda on together. Whether they're going to react to it is a different matter, but would be worth a try.
Old 29th June 2011, 16:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinganapathy View Post
Congrats on the car decced! Wonder if us few shortchanged TSi owners on the board can take Skoda on together. Whether they're going to react to it is a different matter, but would be worth a try.
Yes, I think we should all get together & take this up with Skoda, especially as it seems to be a goof up on their part.

As a start I am going to write to Skoda customer service, as suggested by others on T-Bhp. Let's see what they have to say..
Old 29th June 2011, 16:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Decced, I suggest you all (recently purchased TSi) owners get together and then send an email. Trust me, the number is by no means small.
By the looks of it, the goof ups seem to be done by Skoda. This needs to be bought to their attention, and action needs to be taken.
Old 29th June 2011, 17:51   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Decced, I suggest you all (recently purchased TSi) owners get together and then send an email. Trust me, the number is by no means small.
By the looks of it, the goof ups seem to be done by Skoda. This needs to be bought to their attention, and action needs to be taken.
Great Idea. I am game for a collective response to Skoda. My email id is cedricsg@mtnl.net.in Request all affected TSI owners to email me their names, location and contact number. I will call & get further details.
Old 30th June 2011, 09:49   #21
BHPian

Many congrats decced. Loved reading your ownership experience and seeing the pictures. The Laura TSi is pure bliss to drive. I had TDed the TSi along with the Civic and Altis and still have fond memories of the TD. The best car in the sub 15L price bracket. Had it not been for the horror stories about the Skoda dealerships, I would have loved to own the TSi. Ultimately, the head over-ruled the heart and we bought the Altis.

Hope you have a fun time piloting the car. Its sad that several features have been left out. The fog lamps, steering audio controls, retracting mirrors (I guess that is omitted too) certainly deserve to be there in a car in this segment. The cavernous boot and the access to the it from the rear seat are handy features.
Old 30th June 2011, 11:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
..Its sad that several features have been left out. The fog lamps, steering audio controls, retracting mirrors (I guess that is omitted too) certainly deserve to be there in a car in this segment. The cavernous boot and the access to the it from the rear seat are handy features.
I know what you mean about the minimal features.. Like I said, it was more of a decision from the heart, no checklist method employed Features wise I think the Altis is the most VFM in the segment, but it was very dull to drive..

Continuing on what you said about the practicality of the car, I also like the split rear seats and the fact that the boot lid is integrated with the rear window (hatchback style) so that larger objects can be easily fitted into the boot.
Old 30th June 2011, 11:22   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Great Idea. I am game for a collective response to Skoda. My email id is cedricsg@mtnl.net.in Request all affected TSI owners to email me their names, location and contact number. I will call & get further details.
Thanks for taking up the cause @cedricsg. Will mail you my contact details as suggested & look forward to taking up a collective effort.
Old 30th June 2011, 12:22   #24
BHPian

Many Congratulations @decced ! The 1.8 tsi is a wonderful car. Took delivery of mine in end December 2010.Two things which I remember from the test drive was the adrenaline surging as I was pushed back into the seats and stalling the car frequently. The latter hardly ever happens now. "The Beast" is a drivers car. Have done 220 kmph on the ORR and she stays straight and under control. Have not noticed any body roll.Brakes too feel sure and stop the car with confidence. ICE is just WoW and the auto dimming IRVMs a boon at night.Headlights are adequate.Nothing(accessories) added to The Beast , everythings virgin. Enjoy & wear your seat belt always !
Old 30th June 2011, 12:46   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallya_2010 View Post
Nothing(accessories) added to The Beast , everythings virgin.
Wow, same here.

My TSi is absolutely stock - as dispatched from the factory and what a car it is.
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 13:00   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your purchase... Just test drove the Superb TSI recently at my Dealer Friends showroom; Was shell shocked to see the quality and equipment level at a 19.4L price quoted to me on-road here in Meerut (with Uttaranchal registration);

I was a huge Skoda critic, BUT with their dealer network becoming more customer centric, I can see Skoda taking a huge jump... My only grouse was their dealerships, and with a personal friend having opened shop here, I can see myself taking the plunge in Superb's favour (instead for the BMW 320D I had planned)
Old 30th June 2011, 13:19   #27
BHPian

@cedricsg - Add me to the list of TSI owners without fogs. have sent you an email with required details. Lets close this issue soon.
Old 30th June 2011, 16:07   #28
BHPian

Mate - Congrats on the car, did you get any low cost financing deals from Skoda ?

Best - ML
Old 30th June 2011, 17:59   #29
BHPian

Congrats D!! The car looks lovely and im sure it drives even better!
If you dont mind could you share the cost of the accessories (especially the chrome tip exhausts and the spoiler)?
Old 30th June 2011, 23:57   #30
BHPian

Congrats on the new car. Exhaust tip looks really classy and so does the lip spoiler. You could have gone in for the wheel upgrade, the Elegence rims look super-cool.

Shocking to see all the deletion of features, there is no point in getting Ambiente over Classic now. Features like auto wipers, auto dimming mirrors, etc., are really useful (along with fog lamps of-course which has now been retained), wonder whether Skoda is really interested in selling this variant anymore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks