Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:37   #16
BHPian

Re: Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
How does the clutch feel now after 8K km? I heard SX4 DDIS has a soft clutch unlike the typical heavy diesel clutch, hence this question. And how is the driveability in bumper to bumper traffic? For me these two are the main criteria in decision making. I have briefly driven a few other diesel cars (Manza, Figo) which have hard clutch and I find it would be difficult to drive such cars for my regular office commute.

thanks!
Mohan ,your right ... the clutch is indeed soft and has not changed since the last 8k kms , bumper to bumper traffic also isnt a problem at all..the soft clutch contributes to this.
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:25   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Peter on the SX4 DDiS. The first looks very nice with the green background.

Enjoy many more happy and memorable miles with the SX4.
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:05   #18
BANNED

Congratulations Peter. Indeed a good choice, both of the car and the colour. Am looking forward to the behaviour of your car in stop-go-stop traffic.

Just wondering why Maruti kept its interiors bland. I mean it looked exciting when it was launched in 2007 but simply does not stand up to the present competition. And indeed it had already done in case of Ritz and in yet to be launched New Swift. Wondering why it left out SX4. Or is it that they have postponed it for another version.

In any case it is a great car... Ideal for our Bharat Mahaan. Looking forward to your reply.
Old 23rd June 2011, 19:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha View Post
Just wondering why Maruti kept its interiors bland. I mean it looked exciting when it was launched in 2007 but simply does not stand up to the present competition.
I hear you in regards to the Interiors , would have preferred Black if given the options or a 2 tone , was thinking about this during the selection process but this didnt somehow deter me from finalising it
Old 23rd June 2011, 22:02   #20
BHPian

Congratulations Peter and welcome to the SX4 D club, its heartening to see that slowly and steadily SX4 D numbers are climbing up. I am sure once this car will slowly but surely do what Swift D did to Swift P in 2007

One question - Are there any rattles in your car (specially from the dashboard), since I am facing this issue (from the dashboard area) within the first 1000 kms of my SX4 VDi ownership, got it fixed during the first service, but it came back the second day itself.
Old 24th June 2011, 07:45   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the SX4, Peter. Seems like you are enjoying the car, wishing you tons of happy miles with it.

These black interiors look much better than the beige ones on the ZDi.
Old 24th June 2011, 09:21   #22
BHPian

Congrats Peter,
Muscular looks are complimented by sexy black.
I hope Maruti look into rattling issue and improve the interior quality to beat the competition.
Old 24th June 2011, 10:25   #23
BHPian

Peter, congrats on your new car; I have recently driven the SX4 Diesel, and it does give a very confidence inspiring drive with a pretty smooth engine, ample visibility, and high ground clearance, very similar to the petrol version. The clutch is also very soft compared to Verna Diesel. The turbo kicks in at 2000 RPM, and one can feel the nice smooth surge of power.

I'm surprised to see chorme door handles - SX4 never had these in the petrol, and neither did I see these on the diesel which I drove recently. Are they shipping newer versions with chrome handles or they are dealer fitted optional components?

Last edited by Tats07 : 24th June 2011 at 10:26. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 24th June 2011, 11:01   #24
dot
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the "manly" ride. Loved the seat covers. Is that leather? OEM or aftermaket? The color combination of the seats and the aftermarket black armrest has been done very tastefully.

And FE is.. All I can do is smile ( my ride is a 10 kmpl Petrol!)
Old 24th June 2011, 13:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajatsingh78 View Post
One question - Are there any rattles in your car (specially from the dashboard)
Rajat !! no rattles yet and am praying that there may be none , my Hyundai Accent had enough rattles from the dashboard which I had to live with for almost 4 years as I was told that to check the source of the rattles the dashboard will need to be opened up totally which was a humoungous task... you should get the dashboard checked once more cause I dont think that there is any thing significant inside it to be recitified , the last time I got the Music system section opened up to connect a rear veiw mirror screen and found the inside quite hollow and almost empty...I maybe wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
I'm surprised to see chorme door handles - SX4 never had these in the petrol, and neither did I see these on the diesel which I drove recently. Are they shipping newer versions with chrome handles or they are dealer fitted optional components?
No mate I sourced them from Hong Kong , and also the front lower grill chrome strip that you will notice in the pic.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by .anshuman : 25th June 2011 at 12:47. Reason: see note in post
Old 24th June 2011, 15:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Super looking car, but you will have to take care of the black paint really carefully. And going by the 8000 kms clocked in 3 months, can we expect a long term report by Dec/Jan? Do you do highway runs?
Old 24th June 2011, 19:11   #27
BHPian

Peter - is the handrest available at local stores in India .

Can you give some pointers on how to get it done on the sx4 .

Please provide info on the price and installation , can this be done by ourselves or do you need an expert
Old 24th June 2011, 19:13   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Congrats! Super looking car, but you will have to take care of the black paint really carefully. And going by the 8000 kms clocked in 3 months, can we expect a long term report by Dec/Jan? Do you do highway runs?
No mate , dropped my family to Goa during the last summer vacations , and then drove up and down Mumbai/Goa almost every weekend until they decided to come back
Old 24th June 2011, 19:25   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Peter - is the handrest available at local stores in India .

Can you give some pointers on how to get it done on the sx4 .

Please provide info on the price and installation , can this be done by ourselves or do you need an expert
Hey Sandeep,

I got it from this seller on EBAY.COM

Suzuki SX4 Black Armrest Center Storage Console Box New | eBay=

Install is easy , did it myself at home , ping me if you procure it from this seller and will guide you on the install.

Cheers
Old 24th June 2011, 22:04   #30
BHPian

Peter: if you dont mind I have another question:

- when starting from standstill on a moderate incline, car fully loaded (4/5 people) and AC on, do you have to slip the clutch a lot to get the car moving?

Last edited by mohan41 : 24th June 2011 at 22:09.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks