Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 22:44   #31
BHPian

Re: Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI

hey peter, congrats on the awesome ride mate.The sx4 is a brilliant car. Buddy, plz put up details regarding the mods done especially the chrome bits on the lower front grill and the grab-handles, are they jus stick on handle covers or did you replace the entire grab-handle assembly with the chrome types? and if possible plz put up detailed pics of the armrest and also the install details with pics if possible for the me and all the fellow sx4 owners on the forum.

thanks

cheers
Old 24th June 2011, 23:41   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Peter on the SX4! I TD'ed it and found it as a nice package. Though the power is rated at just 90bhp, the car didnt feel under powered at all. And I was so impressed with the NVH levels also. But I simply found the interiors quite bland and having a Swift, it didnt offer me anything special.

Wish you miles of happy & safe driving. And you get a SOLID FE for City. 17.5 kmpl is way too good for a sedan.
Old 24th June 2011, 23:47   #33
BHPian

Awesome ride, mate! IMO you'd need a good set of aloys to beef the profile up a bit. The full wheel caps so no justice to the masculinity of your new machine.

Loved those five spoke OEM ones that came on the earlier SX4's!!
Old 25th June 2011, 09:46   #34
BHPian

Congratulations alot Peter for buying a New SX4 VDi.
Also it looks awesome in black colour.
But as i can see from the pics, Does its interiors are in Light Grey shade ? as compared to ZDI/ZXI which comes with Beige interiors & wood finish insert trims.
Old 25th June 2011, 21:15   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Congratulations alot Peter for buying a New SX4 VDi.
Also it looks awesome in black colour.
But as i can see from the pics, Does its interiors are in Light Grey shade ? as compared to ZDI/ZXI which comes with Beige interiors & wood finish insert trims.
Thanks , the interiors are the same as the ZDI/ZXI just missing the ABS and the Airbags which comes in the ZDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Awesome ride, mate! IMO you'd need a good set of aloys to beef the profile up a bit. The full wheel caps so no justice to the masculinity of your new machine.

Loved those five spoke OEM ones that came on the earlier SX4's!!
Thanks , yes love the 5spoke OEM's, hoping to get something similar after the rains as these are 15inch tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
hey peter, congrats on the awesome ride mate.The sx4 is a brilliant car. Buddy, plz put up details regarding the mods done especially the chrome bits on the lower front grill and the grab-handles, are they jus stick on handle covers or did you replace the entire grab-handle assembly with the chrome types? and if possible plz put up detailed pics of the armrest and also the install details with pics if possible for the me and all the fellow sx4 owners on the forum.

thanks

cheers
The chrome for the grab handles is actually a cover that comes with 3M tape so the install is very easy, will try to locate the link for the seller as I purchased them from a UK website, searched high and low for these in Mumbai but didint get any... all I would be told is "Saab SX4 ke liye chrome accessories nahin hai "

Will get more pics of the armrest for you for sure.

Cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
- when starting from standstill on a moderate incline, car fully loaded (4/5 people) and AC on, do you have to slip the clutch a lot to get the car moving?
Hey Mohan,

A very good question and this is something I found out a few weeks back, car loaded with 5 and was forced to stop on an incline due to sudden braking by the vehicle in front. Surprisingly and to my delight the car pulled away without any effort when the clutch was released , the accelerator followed suit.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 27th June 2011 at 16:41. Reason: Extra smileys removed. Please restrict to 2 smileys per post.
Old 25th June 2011, 21:41   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
.... Surprisingly and to my delight the car pulled away without any effort when the clutch was released , the accelerator followed suit.
Isnt it really amazing that the 1248cc engine (of course with right gearing) can produce the torque required to pull nearly 1.5 tonne weight at a low RPM. My 1341cc Getz cannot do that if AC in on, I have to raise the RPM, and only then release the clutch fully. This is one issue that I face in crawling moving traffic when going up a flyover in my route.

Last edited by mohan41 : 25th June 2011 at 21:43.
Old 25th June 2011, 23:09   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats peter! I like the new grill, gives it a much more aggressive look! And, nice placement of the stickers!

Enjoy and drive safe!
Old 26th June 2011, 10:21   #38
BHPian

Does 16" alloys affect the ride quality significantly? I'm in the market for a 10 lac sedan for my dad. The reported stiff ride qualty of the SX4 is the only thing which is keeping me away from the Maruti dealer.

Would it make sense to change the 16" OEMs to 15" ones to improve ride quality??
Old 26th June 2011, 20:58   #39
BHPian

Congrats for the SX4 DDiS. This one will certainly garner good nos. for MSIL. That chrome thingy you did to the door handles looks fantastic.
Only alloys are missing from the kit, they would complement that butch look even more.
Old 27th June 2011, 13:25   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
Isnt it really amazing that the 1248cc engine (of course with right gearing) can produce the torque required to pull nearly 1.5 tonne weight at a low RPM. My 1341cc Getz cannot do that if AC in on, I have to raise the RPM, and only then release the clutch fully. This is one issue that I face in crawling moving traffic when going up a flyover in my route.
It really is amazing and is very helpfull and stress free on inclines and bumper to bumper traffic , had to struggle in my Hyundai Accent 1.5gls earlier hence I know what you mean , also another thing I noticed is that there is no difference in performance whether the AC is on or off , from the time I have purchased this car I dont remember switching the AC off to give me additional boost , which I would sometimes do in the Accent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Congrats peter! I like the new grill, gives it a much more aggressive look! And, nice placement of the stickers!

Enjoy and drive safe!
Thanks Dry Ice !!

Quote:
Does 16" alloys affect the ride quality significantly? I'm in the market for a 10 lac sedan for my dad. The reported stiff ride qualty of the SX4 is the only thing which is keeping me away from the Maruti dealer.

Would it make sense to change the 16" OEMs to 15" ones to improve ride quality??
There was a post I came across where there was a discussion on the tyre size for the SX4 wherein it was mentioned that the 16" makes the ride a bit stiffer and bit more of body roll , mine are 15" and I personally feel that the drive is much smoother and comfortable as compared to the test drive vehicle that I had driven which was a ZDI ( 16" ) , just my personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats for the SX4 DDiS. This one will certainly garner good nos. for MSIL. That chrome thingy you did to the door handles looks fantastic.
Only alloys are missing from the kit, they would complement that butch look even more.
Thanks Utopian , yes just waiting for the rains to end to get a good set of alloys , the SX4 alloys have a PCD of 114.3 so the options in designs are limited I guess , my search is still on
Old 27th June 2011, 19:09   #41
BHPian

Test driving the SX4 Diesel this Saturday from Popular Maruti, Kottayam. Also the ANHV. Hoping that my dad's back will be friendly with the lowish seating position of the Verna.
Old 18th July 2011, 10:44   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Finally the last set of accessories that was pending ... a set of Alloys to replace the wheel caps..
Attached Thumbnails
Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI-dscf3497.jpg  

Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI-dscf3516.jpg  

Peter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 13:38   #43
BHPian

Nice alloys. Gives a classy look to your SX4.
Old 19th July 2011, 14:10   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Awesome alloys! The best I've ever seen on the SX4!!! And do they have 10 bolts really??
Old 19th July 2011, 14:26   #45
BHPian

@ Peter - congratulations on the ride. even though a bit late. you've been making good use of the diesel plant 8000k in 3 months. says something about your love for the car.

Plan any ICE?

Most Viewed