Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 02:03   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI

Congratulations Peter !!!!

Good choice of car,seats and alloys ; multi spokes have always been my choice ;

Somehow,on seeing the pics of your wheels,I get this feeling the tyres are undersized(maybe it is 'coz I've seen the 16 inchers on ZXI and ZDI far too often)

Maintaining a dark coloured car to look good is not easy ; I've learnt it the hard way.

Don't bother too much about cleaning ; when you clean,use cloth dipped in water ; no dry cleaning at all.

Allow the finish to partly dry and use a soft towel to wipe off water.Once all the water is dried,use another soft towel to bring back the shine.

Last edited by vigsom : 27th September 2011 at 02:04.
Old 27th September 2011, 09:55   #62
BHPian

Hey Pete,
What FE figures have you been getting lately?
I travelled to Aurangabad yesterday. Covered 550kms, to and fro.
Checked out the FE that I got for my SX4 ZDi at the end of the trip.

18.56kmpl. Nice!

Was pretty amused, since I was throwing around the car a bit, 120-130 kmph.

Must say that the car's opened up after 10k kms. Now I'm at 11.5k km on the odo.

Last edited by Monaro CV8 : 27th September 2011 at 10:00.
Old 27th September 2011, 13:04   #63
BHPian

Congrats for this new beast...
I have always loved SX4 because of its sheer built and ride quality. I agree that interiors may not be upto the Sedan mark, but still if one sees under the hood it has one of the best engines that we have.
Hope the next facelift has Kizashi like interiors.
Old 11th August 2012, 06:17   #64
BHPian

Re: Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI - 30,000 kms update

Dear Bhpians,

Completed the 30K service yesterday , the car has been a performer and after the service it feels as if its just been bought fresh , the decarbonising done on the engine has definitely made a signficant impact on the smoothness of the engine , can barely hear the sound of the engine for now.

The EGR valve cleaning was a painstaking process , cant believe that the cost to clean the EGR system is Rs 2400 !! ... but there is significant improve in performance

Here is the bill for DDIS owners , may help for your 30K service as well ... and a few pics that I clicked just before the service.
Attached Thumbnails
Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI-scan0001-copy.jpg  

Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI-copy1.jpg  

Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI-copy3.jpg  

Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI-copy4.jpg  

Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI-dscf3906.jpg  

Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI-dscf3907.jpg  

Peter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 08:45   #65
Senior - BHPian

Hello Peter,
Car is in fantastic condition even after 30K Kms.
The 30K Kms service is certainly expensive. Why did they clean the EGR at 30K Kms ?
Decarbonising is a waste of money
Labor charges for brake cleaning are also on the higher side. It should be Rs 200/250 for front and rear each.
Old 11th August 2012, 13:15   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Hello Peter,
Car is in fantastic condition even after 30K Kms.
The 30K Kms service is certainly expensive. Why did they clean the EGR at 30K Kms ?
Decarbonising is a waste of money
Labor charges for brake cleaning are also on the higher side. It should be Rs 200/250 for front and rear each.
F150 : Couldnt agree less on this , the labour charges for the brake cleaning are indeed on the higher side,

I used to get this EGR Check flashing everytime I used to do long runs from Mumbai to Goa , hence the suggestion was to get the EGR valve cleaned.

The EGR cleanng has definitely helped ... am now noticing good torque that seemed to have diminished over the period of time

Maintaining a Black Car is yet another story
Old 11th August 2012, 13:53   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
Dear Bhpians,

Completed the 30K service yesterday , the car has been a performer and after the service it feels as if its just been bought fresh , the decarbonising done on the engine has definitely made a signficant impact on the smoothness of the engine , can barely hear the sound of the engine for now.

The EGR valve cleaning was a painstaking process , cant believe that the cost to clean the EGR system is Rs 2400 !! ... but there is significant improve in performance

Here is the bill for DDIS owners , may help for your 30K service as well ... and a few pics that I clicked just before the service.
Hey Peter,

I see that in your bill Synthetic oil has been mentioned. Was it your choice or by default MASS has put synthetic oil?

Last edited by sarthakgupta : 11th August 2012 at 14:06.
Old 11th August 2012, 14:44   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Quote:
F150 : Couldnt agree less on this , the labour charges for the brake cleaning are indeed on the higher side,
Hi Peter,

The brake cleaning charges are a bit higher. I recently got our Sx4 serviced (its a petrol one), and the brake cleaning charges for all are Rs 750. I see that your dealer has charged separately (Rs 580+480) for front and rear. I know we both have different models but cleaning the brakes should cost the same right?

Here is the post of servicing details of our Sx4:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2868507

In my case it seems AC servicing was not needed.

Last edited by Saanil : 11th August 2012 at 14:46.
Old 11th August 2012, 17:50   #69
BHPian

Quote:
I meant the one in the pic , this is whats provided in the SX4 abroad and not avaliable in India , not even off the shelf as an accessory ... had to source this separately as was used to the armrest in the Accent previously
Hi peter, is available online/ is it widely available - any pointers as I would like to buy the same!
Old 11th August 2012, 20:48   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
Hey Peter,

I see that in your bill Synthetic oil has been mentioned. Was it your choice or by default MASS has put synthetic oil?
Its a default choice for the DDIS engines at the MASS outlet that I visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Hi Peter,

The brake cleaning charges are a bit higher. I recently got our Sx4 serviced (its a petrol one), and the brake cleaning charges for all are Rs 750. I see that your dealer has charged separately (Rs 580+480) for front and rear. I know we both have different models but cleaning the brakes should cost the same right?
thanks for letting me know Saanil, will take this up with the MASS outlet ... I had a feeling I was overcharged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya101 View Post
Hi peter, is available online/ is it widely available - any pointers as I would like to buy the same!
HI Aditya ... its been a long time now since I procured the armrest ... but you can contact sandeep3in , he is a bhpian who has also procured the same armrest from the seller that I had bought from .
Old 11th August 2012, 23:34   #71
BHPian

Hi Aditya - I had bought the arm rest from the same seller around 2 months back . You can do the install by yourself, it is pretty easy.

Please use the link

Suzuki SX4 Black Armrest Center Storage Console Box New | eBay
Old 13th August 2012, 14:50   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Bhpians,
Thank you for the detailed bill. My SX4 D has just crossed 16k mark. The dealer is insisting that the 15 K service is due. He says it is "Good" for the car. But there is no mention of it in the service manual. Did you get your car serviced at 15k.
I think it is "good" for the service center's pocket rather than the car.

Your views would be appreciated

Regards
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 13th August 2012 at 14:52.
Old 13th August 2012, 19:05   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Thank you for the detailed bill. My SX4 D has just crossed 16k mark. The dealer is insisting that the 15 K service is due.
Regards
Varun
Hi Varun,

Cleaning of the Air Filter ( which can be done at home as well ) is all thats done at the 15K service

I have personally supervised all my car servicings hence can confirm this for sure !! a waste of time in my opinion.
Peter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2012, 20:46   #74
BHPian

The owners manual states the service interval for the vehicle.Maruti Dealers are known for their strategy of servicing vehciles at a shorter duration (every 5k Kms).

I did question the SA on the same and their response was it is good for the vehicle. I told them about the fiat engine and the service recommended by Fiat for Linea as well as Punto.

It is a quick way of making money for the service center guys when they recommend shorter intervals for the service. Is the engine and the vehicle so delicate that it needs service interval at every 5k kms ??

Maruti needs to look into service intervals for fiat /Skoda /Volkswagen where the service interval is 15 Kms or 1 year .
Old 9th July 2013, 19:34   #75
BHPian

Re: Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI - 50K kms update

Team,

the SX4 has just completed the 50K Kms mark hence thought Id might as well put up an update

-The car still runs like a gem
-Turbo boost still existent
-Zero vibrations until date
-Fuel economy around 19 to 20kms per litre if driven sanely in the City
-Front Brakes have been replaced
-Tyres will need to be replaced after another 5K kms

Hesitating to take it for the 50K service with the fear that MASS will rip me off

Few pics I took are here to see
Attached Thumbnails
Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI-imag0436.jpg  

Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI-imag0507.jpg  

Midnight Black SX4 DDIS VDI-imag0686.jpg  

Last edited by Peter : 9th July 2013 at 19:36.
Peter is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks